Sara Lee going non-union

Posted in the Paris Forum

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 2, 2011
Oh yeah, why do you think we have "Labor Day"???
A SARA LEE Employee

Paris, TX

#3 Sep 2, 2011
As long as there is ONE UNION member still working there they are UNION. Read your UNION handbook Or ASK Shane he knows EVERTHING.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 2, 2011
I do not work at Sara Lee, nor do I know Steve or any other workers out there......But I am a proud member of Local 2232, and like to remind folks how we have gotten to where we are today.
UnionsWhere You Are Today

United States

#5 Sep 2, 2011
How many Union workers does it take to change a light bulb?

Nine.

One to fill out the form, one to get the ladder, one to get the bulb, one to bring the ladder, one to bring the bulb, one to take the bulb out of the box, one to climb the ladder and screw the bulb in, and one to collect the dues.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6 Sep 2, 2011
Does it really matter since they are closing?
buddy

West Covina, CA

#7 Sep 3, 2011
UnionsWhere You Are Today wrote:
How many Union workers does it take to change a light bulb?
Nine.
One to fill out the form, one to get the ladder, one to get the bulb, one to bring the ladder, one to bring the bulb, one to take the bulb out of the box, one to climb the ladder and screw the bulb in, and one to collect the dues.
Hope u do no work out there & plan on being a comedian.... because that is not funny, rather stupid to be quiet frank!!!
Little Debbie

United States

#8 Sep 5, 2011
With 25 million Americans with out work. I'm sure Union's are going to be a thing of the pass everywhere. Especially with 67% of Texas population Hispanic who will work hard and long for very little anywhere doing anything. And no kids today can't keep up with them because there all high on their dope. Viva Mexico!!!! And no terrorist are not coming in threw Mexico. They want attack again, because there expensive war is throwing our economy right where they wanted it.
sonny

Paris, TX

#9 Sep 5, 2011
BGMann wrote:
Does it really matter since they are closing?
It will re-open under new name with NO UNION!
scabo

Paris, TX

#10 Sep 5, 2011
Nostrdumbass wrote:
I do not work at Sara Lee, nor do I know Steve or any other workers out there......But I am a proud member of Local 2232, and like to remind folks how we have gotten to where we are today.
No jobs, lousy pay, foreclosures, bankruptcies, lay offs, mass unemployment, salary freezes, companies folding, repossessions....etc...etc...

GEE! THANKS UNION! Like the man said, "like to remind folks how we have gotten to where we are today".
cash

Clarksville, TX

#11 Sep 5, 2011
we need a good .75 cent an hour minium wage
again

Paris, TX

#12 Sep 5, 2011
Unions always wind up spending the most effort on the sorriest people that really don't deserve a job anyway. Pay your dues knowing that.

Think about it. Any of you 'hard working, loyal employees' ever "needed" a representative? Not me. I answer for myself. They start coming at me that bad, I don't want to work for them anyway.

But I guess if you are a lazy ass, screwed off high school and college and ain't got any other skill except town thug, union is a good thing.
Lexicon

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Sep 7, 2011
buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope u do no work out there & plan on being a comedian.... because that is not funny, rather stupid to be quiet frank!!!
I thought it was very funny and true to boot!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HPI bulding 26 min job seeker 1
Ok To Give The Wife A Sleeping Pill To Have Sex? (Jun '09) 38 min tired 137
teachers/coaches 40 min tired 23
stop having babies. 46 min tired 2
Elf on a Shelf 1 hr Baker 1
Paris # 9 On List Of 20 Most Dangerous Cities I... 2 hr mir43 4
grandson 3 hr Assualt w Dead We... 14
Body found on 2648 5 hr easy 101
Sympathy for both the Sims and Morrison families 5 hr I heard 19

Paris News Video

Paris Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paris News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paris

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:02 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:02PM
Grading Houston's Positional Units in Week 17
Bleacher Report 4:32 PM
Making the Case for Watt as MVP
ESPN 5:24 PM
Jerry Jones: 'Nobody knows' his Bryant concerns
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Is This Dallas' Best Chance at Super Bowl During Romo Era?
NBC Sports 8:48 PM
Crisis averted: No AT&T Stadium scheduling conflict for CFP championship