Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Jun 27, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
One Example

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

R.I.P.
"Can't we all just get along?"
dip

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

So glad that scum won't be drinking and driving anymore.
One Example

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

That "scum" was someone's child. Before you quickly respond with a hateful nasty response, consider that one day, something horrible, a bad accident, a careless mistake, and yes, even an illegal charge happened to one you loved. Wouldn't you want someone to pray that they rest in peace?
who

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dip wrote:
So glad that scum won't be drinking and driving anymore.
GOOD, rest in hell
dip

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

One Example wrote:
That "scum" was someone's child. Before you quickly respond with a hateful nasty response, consider that one day, something horrible, a bad accident, a careless mistake, and yes, even an illegal charge happened to one you loved. Wouldn't you want someone to pray that they rest in peace?
While I would pray for my own child's soul in the same situation my inclination is to be thankful that drunk won't be driving around intoxicated and in doing so putting everyone else's children in danger. Drunk drivers are all the same to me, scum.
Stop It

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 18, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Alcoholism is a sickness and , for some, never under control. He didn't want to be considered a " hero " as some called him. He didn't like the violence that came after he was savagely beaten, He tried to stop the violence that had been going on for three dyas by making a public statement asking that everyone " get along".
Despite his alcoholism, he seems to have been a much better person than some of you who are praying that he burn in hell.
You and people like the animal cops who brutally beat him are more of a problem to society than an alcoholic.
Not really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Come on now. Can't we all just get along.
dip

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 18, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

It always amazes me that people defend drunk drivers. Yes its a disease, I should know being married to someone that suffers from it but you know what? When someone drives drunk they endanger everyone around them and it is unacceptable.

He may not have been a bad person but the fact remains he's a drunk driver that on one occasion ran from the cops and got the hell beat out of him for it which sparked riots when the cops got off for it. He's also had at least one other instance of causing problems while driving under the influence so again I say how glad I am he's no longer a danger. Whether he's in Hell or not is up to God but if a drunk driver has affected your life by taking a loved one you too would not defend them.
Lexicon

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Stop It wrote:
Alcoholism is a sickness and , for some, never under control. He didn't want to be considered a " hero " as some called him. He didn't like the violence that came after he was savagely beaten, He tried to stop the violence that had been going on for three dyas by making a public statement asking that everyone " get along".
Despite his alcoholism, he seems to have been a much better person than some of you who are praying that he burn in hell.
You and people like the animal cops who brutally beat him are more of a problem to society than an alcoholic.
BULL POOKY!!!! Cancer is a disease. Polio is a disease. Liberalism is a, no wait, like being a drunk, being a liberal is a choice. Both are bad choices but this bs about it being a disease is just a crutch that drunks lean on to excuse their weakness. You don't "CATCH" alcoholism, you embrace it. Being a drug addict is not a disease, it is a weakness and a choice. To hell with drunks and dopers. Put them in jail or just let them die as long as they are not allowed to hurt other people.
Not really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I am so sick of hearing that alcoholism and drug addiction is a disease. Whatever losers. Screw rehab don't waste my money on it use it to cure cancer. Alcoholism and drug addiction is Darwinism in action. Weed out the weak minded
hayseed

Clarksville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lexicon wrote:
<quoted text>
BULL POOKY!!!! Cancer is a disease. Polio is a disease. Liberalism is a, no wait, like being a drunk, being a liberal is a choice. Both are bad choices but this bs about it being a disease is just a crutch that drunks lean on to excuse their weakness. You don't "CATCH" alcoholism, you embrace it. Being a drug addict is not a disease, it is a weakness and a choice. To hell with drunks and dopers. Put them in jail or just let them die as long as they are not allowed to hurt other people.
You are correct, but I'm not perfect myself; and before we cast stones, we should make sure we're worthy. Those who judge harshly will be judged harshly.
Why

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why on earth would his girl friend throw a shovel into the pool to get him to move. Why did she not jump in and try and save him? Some things just sound a little fishy to me.
Get It Right

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lexicon wrote:
<quoted text>
BULL POOKY!!!! Cancer is a disease. Polio is a disease. Liberalism is a, no wait, like being a drunk, being a liberal is a choice. Both are bad choices but this bs about it being a disease is just a crutch that drunks lean on to excuse their weakness. You don't "CATCH" alcoholism, you embrace it. Being a drug addict is not a disease, it is a weakness and a choice. To hell with drunks and dopers. Put them in jail or just let them die as long as they are not allowed to hurt other people.
Nobody said it was a disease. Said it is a sickness, and that's what it is. Alcohol is a drug. People can become addicted before they realize it . You can become addicted to many things, including - but not limited to - overeating, alcohol, OTC medicines, smoking, sex, television, facebook, topix, chocolate, sleeping pills to name a few. Addiction is a sickness.

Not saying you cant have some control over these things. But, nevertheless, it is a sickness.
Get It Right

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why wrote:
Why on earth would his girl friend throw a shovel into the pool to get him to move. Why did she not jump in and try and save him? Some things just sound a little fishy to me.
Maybe she doesn't know how to swim??
One Example

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I once was the one pointing fingers. Then I realized that my sin was no less that any other's. Drunk driving/ drugs/ etc.. Lies/ lust / gossip/ etc... All same in God's eyes. One's small" sin is equal to one's large sin. It's the world that rates, not God. I will not not debate you on this.
le sigh

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Get It Right wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody said it was a disease. Said it is a sickness, and that's what it is. Alcohol is a drug. People can become addicted before they realize it . You can become addicted to many things, including - but not limited to - overeating, alcohol, OTC medicines, smoking, sex, television, facebook, topix, chocolate, sleeping pills to name a few. Addiction is a sickness.
Not saying you cant have some control over these things. But, nevertheless, it is a sickness.
*cough* http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alcoholism/D... *cough*

As far as the difference between sickness and disease you're splitting hairs imo.
le sigh

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

One Example wrote:
I once was the one pointing fingers. Then I realized that my sin was no less that any other's. Drunk driving/ drugs/ etc.. Lies/ lust / gossip/ etc... All same in God's eyes. One's small" sin is equal to one's large sin. It's the world that rates, not God. I will not not debate you on this.
What the hell are you talking about? Putting other people's lives in jeopardy because you want to drink in drive is waaaay different than telling someone you make 10k more than you actually do. That's just an ignorant statement on your part, smh.
Lexicon

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 21, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

hayseed wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, but I'm not perfect myself; and before we cast stones, we should make sure we're worthy. Those who judge harshly will be judged harshly.
I am far from perfect Hayseed and no one knows that better than me but I am not blaming my imperfections on a disease, George Bush, the rotorooter man or anyone else. I have made a lot of choices, some good, some not so good but you know what? I have lived with the repercussions of each decision, good or bad. I made it through Viet Nam and had a few bad times when I got back but I never ran around whining that everyone should feel sorry for me. I don't have all my original parts anymore but I did what I did because it was right. I don't drink much but if I decided to be a drunk, guess what? That is my decision and I have to live with the aftershock. I just want people to take responsibility for themselves, their children or any other thing in their life they do have control over. Stop the whining.
hayseed

Clarksville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 21, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Lexicon wrote:
<quoted text>
I am far from perfect Hayseed and no one knows that better than me but I am not blaming my imperfections on a disease, George Bush, the rotorooter man or anyone else. I have made a lot of choices, some good, some not so good but you know what? I have lived with the repercussions of each decision, good or bad. I made it through Viet Nam and had a few bad times when I got back but I never ran around whining that everyone should feel sorry for me. I don't have all my original parts anymore but I did what I did because it was right. I don't drink much but if I decided to be a drunk, guess what? That is my decision and I have to live with the aftershock. I just want people to take responsibility for themselves, their children or any other thing in their life they do have control over. Stop the whining.
You are right again, as usual. BUT, maybe you should consider that most folks lack your intellect, fortitude, and perseverance.
Absolutely, hold people accountable, but pray for them as we lock them up or send them to the gallows.
OMG

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 21, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

BS!!!, he was a sorry bastard that caused a hell of a lot of pain and death just because he wouldn't obey the law. Damn cops should have shot his druged-up ass. What would the papers and TV have said if the cops didn't stop him that night and he ended up running over some little kid! Wonder how one of the judges that convicted those policemen would have felt if AFTER all of this, king had ended up killing someone they cared about?

And the best part is, if rodney king had been white....
IT WOULD HAVE NEVER EVEN MADE THE NEWS!
and everyone knows it whether they want to admit it or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

118 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rick Perry is mocking the system 2 min wtf 6
isis beheading of american warning graphic vide... 4 min washington redskins 18
new Cody Posey (Jan '13) 34 min zola 16
Interracial dating with teens. How to prevent it. (Feb '09) 40 min Paris Born 239
Debate: Ferguson - Paris, TX 1 hr wallabo 14
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr cyndi 17,704
Turner PEDC No Class No Class 1 hr thinkslikebob 105
Paris worst town in Texas 4 hr Hmm Thank You 14
Local Con Artist arrested for fraud 4 hr Be warned 8
PEDC Cover Up Continues 22 hr They 325
•••
•••

Paris News Video

•••
•••

Paris Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Paris News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paris
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••