Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

In a spiritual sense, you can basically think of God as your dad.

As long as you know your dad loves you, and wants what is best for you, you can put up with the stuff he throws your way, and you will put up with his.

You know he's got your back, and you have his back. It's like a trust. It's a faith in Him.

If you are just giving your dad lip service, he knows it. Just like if he is saying he loves you, but is hurting you for his own selfish purpose, you know it too.

It's like when your dad teaches you one way to do it, and you put your own personal touch with it, he finds that to be great. He doesn't say it is wrong because it isn't exactly the way he taught you.

You added to His creation, and he loves you because you are yourself. If you mess it up, he doesn't hate you. He encourages you to try it again.
Nobel

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Atheist wrote:
Like the pheromone that exists in living organisms that hasn't been proven in humans.

Animals are attracted to other animals on (instinct) through pheromones. According to science, we have evolutionized ourself out of that particular instinct.

Oxytocin is produced through having sex and babies, still you can love someone in other ways without having sex or babies.

Love is subjective only. You can see signs of it, and you can see behaviors. Your pupils can dilate, still you are the only one that knows.

Attraction, sex and babies are not the only things that equate to love.
Awesome

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Majorities are often wrong. In the past, the majority of scientists thought that the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth. They thought that garbage produced flies and rats. They thought that blood letting with leeches was medically beneficial. Proper hand hygiene for doctors and surgeons was unknown, even though it was taught in the Bible thousands of years before. A majority elected Obama, so majority means little.
However, the list of scientists who supported creationism sounds like a Who's Who among scientists. It included geniuses like Francis Bacon, Galileo, Johann Kepler, Blaise Pascal, Robert Boyle, Isaac Newton, William Herschel, Michael Faraday, Samuel F.B. Morse, James Joule, Gregor Mendel, Louis Pasteur, Lord Kelvin, Joseph Lister, James Maxwell, George Washington Carver, and so many others, past and present. You and I would be living in an entirely different world without the discoveries of these men.
Actually you could not be more wrong. It was the majority of the masses who believed that stuff (promoted by the church). Then science developed, performed experiments and made observations that disproved the myths.
Awesome

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

You know what, never mind. I give up. The flying spaghetti monster did create everything good. We must support him against the evil meat ball who rules the under verse.
Nobel

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

You don't have to believe Awesome. Like I said, it is something that you either experience or you don't. Like love without sex.

You don't have to insult other people because it is not in your experience bank though. I realize it is a frustration for you.

Just like it is a frustration to explain experiences to someone who has never had that experience.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Miss Texas wrote:
To : Nobody Gets It:
Nobody Gets It wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more than willing to accept that there might be a god, but there is literally zero evidence to support that assertion, so I don't believe it to be true. The evidence for the evolution of human life over 4 billion years from a common ancestor with all life, however, is very strong, very thorough, observable, and testable. Evolution is fact, whether or not you choose to accept it. There is no god. This is also fact, whether or not you choose to accept it.
My Response:
First you say you are willing to accept that there might be a God. Then you close by saying that it is a fact that there is no God. Little confused there, aren't you kid?
Just looking for attention, maybe?
Sooooo, Why are you ignoring this question and post? Could it be that you don't want to admit that you are using Christianity for your own selfish reasons of wanting attention?
Thought so. lol
If I wanted to use Christianity to further my own goals, garner attention and line my own pockets, I'd just become a minister.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Nobel wrote:
In a spiritual sense, you can basically think of God as your dad.
As long as you know your dad loves you, and wants what is best for you, you can put up with the stuff he throws your way, and you will put up with his.
You know he's got your back, and you have his back. It's like a trust. It's a faith in Him.
If you are just giving your dad lip service, he knows it. Just like if he is saying he loves you, but is hurting you for his own selfish purpose, you know it too.
It's like when your dad teaches you one way to do it, and you put your own personal touch with it, he finds that to be great. He doesn't say it is wrong because it isn't exactly the way he taught you.
You added to His creation, and he loves you because you are yourself. If you mess it up, he doesn't hate you. He encourages you to try it again.
And if your dad said "Love me and worship me unconditionally or I'll torture you for all eternity," what kind of dad would that be? A horrible one.
Miss Texas

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

To: Nobody gets it:

Why are you refusing to answer the question posed to you in post # 137?

You made a statement and look foolish so you are hoping nobody will notice it.

I think everyone is tired of your blasphemy . I , for one, will not waste any more time on an atheist . May God forgive you .
Miss Texas

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Nobody Gets It wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wanted to use Christianity to further my own goals, garner attention and line my own pockets, I'd just become a minister.
Whatever.
Yeah

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Miss Texas wrote:
Why are you refusing to answer the question posed to you in post # 137?
You made a statement and look foolish so you are hoping nobody will notice it.
I think everyone is tired of your blasphemy . I , for one, will not waste any more time on an atheist . May God forgive you .
He is a troll who likes to argue. Best to ignore him. His time will come.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Miss Texas wrote:
You say you evolved from a monkey or bacteria. I will take your word for that since you know more about yourself than I do.
Just curious - what do you think the earth and other planets evolved from? lol What did the sky evolve from?
I'm not answering all your questions because you're so completely uninformed that answering them in detail wouldn't even do any good. You don't seem to understand that cosmology, geology and the biological theory of evolution are three distinctly different areas of science. Here's a child-level primer on how planets are formed, written simple enough so that even you can read it.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/how-do-plane...
Nobel

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Nobody Gets It wrote:
<quoted text>
And if your dad said "Love me and worship me unconditionally or I'll torture you for all eternity," what kind of dad would that be? A horrible one.
Sounds like a couple of relatives of mine. LOL.

That one takes some thought. Let me try. Let's try a divorce situation example. You have a parent that is there with you, nurtures you through every sore throat, loves you through every situation, plays with you, disciplines you, is there through every heart break, makes sure you get braces, sacrifices for you, likes you and cares about you.

The other parent does what they want to do, without consideration for how it affects the others in the family.

The parents divorce, and the kid goes to that parent. The parent still loves the kid, even though the parent may be broken hearted. The other parent uses the kid to be a parent for them, or to get even, or whatever.

The kid makes the choice. It is there choice. You don't want to see them suffer for their choice, but it is a choice they made in spite of seeing the benifit of staying with someone that loves and cares for them, as opposed to the parent who uses them.

God's choice would be that you live with people that love you, not use you. The difference between heaven and hell.

You can't earn God's love. You have to know from experience he will do what is best for you. Faith.

Saten is the one that tortures. God doesn't hand you over, you go freely.
Gods Wrath

Petersburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing my point. I do not believe in God. I do believe that I should live a good life and make a positive difference on those around me. I am not choosing to go to Hell, because I do not believe such a place exists. If I discover that I was wrong when I die, and God sends me to Hell simply because I did not believe in him when I was alive then a god that unjust would not be a god that I would worship or follow.
God will send you to hell. he will also send your demon family there also.. Repent now and maybe you can save your family from the fires of Hell, Tho I am afraid you can't be saved.

You will burn forever in the bowels of the Devils butt. But you were warned as a child to obey our Father.. I will pray for your children that they will know and like the staff of our Lord.
Get r done

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>\
We get it. You think you have a superior intellect, yet you can't come to grips with the possibility that there is more out there than you can possibly conceive of. You think all the millions of believers are ignorant simpletons. We get it. What you think about us doesn't really matter to us, but it does to you. Your thoughts will not change my eternal destiny by one iota, but they will determine yours. Here's something you should think critically about -- "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness."
couldn't we say the same about all the millions of believers that are pagan. What you think about us doesn't really matter to us, but it does to you. Your thoughts will not change my eternal destiny by one iota, but they will determine yours.Here's something you should think critically about. romans2:1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are, if you judge; for in the thing in which you judge another, you condemn yourself, inasmuch as you that judge practice the same things
Get r done

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Gods Wrath wrote:
<quoted text>
God will send you to hell. he will also send your demon family there also.. Repent now and maybe you can save your family from the fires of Hell, Tho I am afraid you can't be saved.
You will burn forever in the bowels of the Devils butt. But you were warned as a child to obey our Father.. I will pray for your children that they will know and like the staff of our Lord.
Wow.. wheres your luv. you can't even pray for him? why would you just turn your back on him. he still has a chance to change. If you where this good ol Christian you claim to be you would have them sense to want to pray for him or her that they would change. That's the problem with your kind. Your quick to think your better. they claim to not believe anything, your not helping.
Get r done

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
A god who would condemn a good person to Hell simply for not following the "correct" steps in life is an evil god. I would willfully choose not to follow such a god as a matter of principle.
you kinda got that wrong. If a good person. a good person would respect the deity that has the pwr that created them and set forth the rules. A good person would not challenge it. I believe there is a higher pwr good that is God. What others choose to Call it is up to them. The fact is, one will not or would not choose to help and be good if they didn't have the love in there heart. You can't expect any one to ever not be punished if they didn't follow the rules. I believe that most Christians make it harder than it has to be. God is a loving God but a destructive God also. I hope you find what you seek. your not lost as some would say. your only closing your mind. if you want to be open minded that is great, just open your mind to this. God has made it easy.
Gods Wrath

Petersburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Get r done wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.. wheres your luv. you can't even pray for him? why would you just turn your back on him. he still has a chance to change. If you where this good ol Christian you claim to be you would have them sense to want to pray for him or her that they would change. That's the problem with your kind. Your quick to think your better. they claim to not believe anything, your not helping.
Look here , I hear and speak to God every night, he tells me that I am better than most of you. God doesn't play those silly games. You do as he commands or you shall burn in Hell. He does not give second chances.
The almighty knows all and I speak to you as he tells me too. Repent your sins and he may spare you from damnnation. God takes no prisoner of war, remember that buddy before you burn...
Duh

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Gods Wrath wrote:
<quoted text>
Look here , I hear and speak to God every night, he tells me that I am better than most of you. God doesn't play those silly games. You do as he commands or you shall burn in Hell. He does not give second chances.
The almighty knows all and I speak to you as he tells me too. Repent your sins and he may spare you from damnnation. God takes no prisoner of war, remember that buddy before you burn...
Your persona, Large Marge and the Butt, is a little more amusing, troll.
Miss Texas

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Get r done wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.. wheres your luv. you can't even pray for him? why would you just turn your back on him. he still has a chance to change. If you where this good ol Christian you claim to be you would have them sense to want to pray for him or her that they would change. That's the problem with your kind. Your quick to think your better. they claim to not believe anything, your not helping.
Why would anyone turn their back? I can't quote the exact words of the Bible, but, it spread the word of says somewhere in there that if you go into a mans house and try to spread the Word of God and that man keeps on refusing, we are commanded to leave that house and shake the dirt off our shoes. In other words, stop wasting precious time and go where you may have a listener whom you might save from hell.
From

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

I wouldn't think of it as wasting time. I would think of it as planting a seed.

Many times, it grows when you aren't watching. Good or bad. People need time to process.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rude waitress at Jaxx Burgers (Apr '12) 20 min smart guy 54
Protest on the loop 2 hr Indian Brave 15
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr valuesleader 21,526
How to Transfer Contacts from Motorola Android ... (Dec '13) 3 hr eddgyy 8
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr DDS 17,098
Known Milfs in paris 4 hr 2nd gear 11
Grubb "Correcting" PEDC Investigative Report 6 hr Asking 9
Lancaster has the dirt on PEDC 10 hr Raymond 124
Food vendors at Ramseur Baptist Church 13 hr Really 23
People are not nice in Paris 19 hr Psych 101 32
•••
•••

Paris News Video

•••
•••