Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#41 Jul 18, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gonna pay for it by eliminating the profit motive--no more big salaries and bonuses for the insurance executives, who provide nothing in terms of services to the consumers of healthcare. Insurance companies are middlemen and yet they suck off literattly trillions of taxpayer dollars. That is where I would start. Then I would cut defense spending, which is profane and harbors more fraud and abuse than all the medicaid/medicare cases combined. As far as who lives in fantasyland, my friend, it is you and all your fellow conservatives who continue to hold on to the fantasy that if we just continue to give more to the mega rich, it will one day trickle down to us poor peons. I would say that delusion and denial are better terms to describe conservatives. Wake up and smell the coffee!!
Give more to the mega rich? What are we giving to the mega rich? The mega rich made their own money. We did not give them anything. Government does TAKE from them though.
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

#42 Jul 18, 2012
Chuck Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
While that is correct that the County Judge is one vote among 5, its still HIS budget. Just last year during budget hearings Superville kept saying this was "his" budget, "his" plan to keep the county solvent, etc...(Kinda like remodeling the courthouse was "his" idea and we see how well that worked out!) Which of the commissioners has submitted a budget (none of them)? Which of the commissioners are having "budget hearings" with the county employees (none of them)?
And if he doesnt want to waste money on things like the old post office ($300,000 - his idea), the Chuck Superville Memorial Parking Lot, Statue and Garden ($300,000 - his idea) and $125,000 for his "green project" solar power at the probation office (his idea) then maybe he needs to either vote against these things or at least not stick them in "his" budget.
Are we to assume from this that none of the commissioners are capable of submitting a budget or having any input into the budget nor capable of voting against a budget presented by the Judge?
What now chuck

Marshall, TX

#43 Jul 18, 2012
Plain and Simple wrote:
Until you solve the problem of all the lawsuits that cayse malpractice insurance to be so costly, you will not solve the healthcare problem.
Understand.....you can NOT have free healthcare in this country. The doctors must be paid. The nurses must be paid. This money must come from somewhere. Leaving it to the government means that this is paid for via taxes. THAT means either you pay more than you do already, OR the country goes bankrupt and we learn to bow down to a guy name Wong. Either way, you STILL can't have free healthcare.
I like the VA method!
Neen using them for 30 years and ill bet i havent been out 1 months worth of ins payment
And those folks are really nice
Hard to brlieve that they are from arounf here!!!
Go VA!!!!
Okay

Paris, TX

#44 Jul 18, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a perfect example of why the current system has been allowed to continue and devolve to its current state. We are the only civilized country in the world that allows people to make obscene profit off of the sickness and suffering of their fellow citizens. Healthcare is not a commodity-therefore your walmart analogy is specious. You are an ignoramus and perhaps it will take some sort of personal calamity in your life or in the lives of your loved ones before you realize how damaged our current system is. Insurance companies currently hold the power of life and death in their hands, and their priority is making a profit. This is neither civilized nor humane. Only a group of hypnotized, kardashian loving, chicken mcnugget eating populace such as ours could be sold this bill of goods.
I have not heard of a fence holding you in. You're perfectly welcome to move to one of those other Utopian societies which are so much better than ours.
What now chuck

Marshall, TX

#45 Jul 18, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>Are we to assume from this that none of the commissioners are capable of submitting a budget or having any input into the budget nor capable of voting against a budget presented by the Judge?
Thats correct
Now if you cant stay up with the convesation, please quietly sit in the coner dear!
sick

Paris, TX

#46 Jul 18, 2012
the commissioners are only able to vote on what is presented! so Judge present something to protect the tax payers and not your buddies!!!!!!
Sunrise

Dallas, TX

#47 Jul 19, 2012
What now chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats correct
Now if you cant stay up with the convesation, please quietly sit in the coner dear!
I was responding to post #23 where Chuck Chuck was placing all of the blame for the budget on the Judge therefore implying that the commissioners had no part or responsibility for the budget. It will be interesting to see where the commissioners find the money to fund the unfunded raise for all county employees. I recall one of them saying they could take it from the funds allocated to jail inmate's food and medical care. From yesterday's PN we get a glimpse of why county employees have the attitude that they have. One commissioner said that people come to work for the county for the benefits.
Sunrise

Dallas, TX

#48 Jul 19, 2012
sick wrote:
the commissioners are only able to vote on what is presented! so Judge present something to protect the tax payers and not your buddies!!!!!!
Are the commissioners not allowed to vote "NO" and tell the Judge to redo his plan? Are you implying that they are not allowed to have a discussion about the budget and make suggestions. If so, I think you are misinformed.
Big Johnson

Paris, TX

#49 Jul 19, 2012
Tika Lika wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard from a very credible source that Chuck was letting Ms. Post interrupt elected officials during their budget presentations. It made one elected official so mad she wanted to call the police to stop Ms. Post from butting in. Glad to know the new "power couple" in Paris is Chuck and Janet.
I have been present and observed this and every word is true......
Big Johnson

Paris, TX

#50 Jul 19, 2012
WHO wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the 2nd time this ladys name has come up. Who the hell is she? Why should I care?
Another self appointed expert and you should not care, as she makes no sense in her ramblings
Thomas B

Canton, TX

#51 Jul 19, 2012
I think wrote:
Many of you wish to blame Superville, but you're to STUPID to even figure out IT'S the Commissioners that VOTE and run the county. ALL Superville can do is make suggestions and can CAST one vote at most.
Thank you. Commissioners Court vote - Mitchel, layton,.,Malone,Jenikns. Superville votes if there is a tie. You people need to be calling your commisioners if you are not happy about the way the Court votes.
What now chuck

Paris, TX

#52 Jul 19, 2012
Thomas B wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Commissioners Court vote - Mitchel, layton,.,Malone,Jenikns. Superville votes if there is a tie. You people need to be calling your commisioners if you are not happy about the way the Court votes.
You are welcome to go to the court house and ck the voting records
99 % of the time they all vote the same and CS doesnt even vote
So what does that say about independet thought and party affliation??????
Big Johnson

Paris, TX

#53 Jul 19, 2012
What now chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to go to the court house and ck the voting records
99 % of the time they all vote the same and CS doesnt even vote
So what does that say about independet thought and party affliation??????
So....... with four commissioners voting the same, how can the Judge be faulted? His vote can't overide four and he only votes in case of a tie vote. You have one Democrate and three Rebublican Commissioners
Big Johnson

Paris, TX

#54 Jul 19, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>Are the commissioners not allowed to vote "NO" and tell the Judge to redo his plan? Are you implying that they are not allowed to have a discussion about the budget and make suggestions. If so, I think you are misinformed.
The commissioners overoad the judge on the employee raise last year. If any three vote the same on any issue, it carries.
Lucille

Paris, TX

#55 Jul 19, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>Give more to the mega rich? What are we giving to the mega rich? The mega rich made their own money. We did not give them anything. Government does TAKE from them though.
I suspect Anon is the one person in American who agrees with Obama that people who own businesses didn't build them -- somebody else did that.
head

Paris, TX

#56 Jul 19, 2012
The Commissoners are only able to vote on what is presented to them by the JUDGE. He has these little work shops and calls all the venders to place the bids on things such as health insurance. Big Johnson get your crap right before you spout off at the head! The Judge presents the numbers for the Commissoners. Maybe they should vote it all down and just shut the County down till better numbers are found!
BIG JOHN

Canton, TX

#57 Jul 19, 2012
I Heard wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt Superville hire some guy to fix the windows at the courthouse and paid him $15,000 or something like that and all the guy did was shove paper towels in the cracks and glue over them?
Supervile did not. From what came out in the newspaper, Commisioners court hired a local person to do the work.
Carnahan Man

Canton, TX

#58 Jul 19, 2012
head wrote:
The Commissoners are only able to vote on what is presented to them by the JUDGE. He has these little work shops and calls all the venders to place the bids on things such as health insurance. Big Johnson get your crap right before you spout off at the head! The Judge presents the numbers for the Commissoners. Maybe they should vote it all down and just shut the County down till better numbers are found!
If you read the newspaper, sir the JUDGE does not call any venders to place bids. From what I read, the County has a consultant that receives all the bids, and the bids are opened in court in front of everyone. The commissioners and the JUDGE sees everything at the same time.
head

Paris, TX

#59 Jul 19, 2012
beg your pardon sir, The judge wines and dines these guys when they are here, don't you think for a minute he doesn't. That is how he gets the numbers like he wants them. Smoke and Mirrors when he needs it!!!!!
hookares

Paris, TX

#60 Jul 19, 2012
head wrote:
Looks like the Head needs to get his crap right before he spouts off, as he is wrong on several points

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola 29 min WOWSERS 8
drug paraphernalia in our gas stations in paris 29 min Wow dude 3
PEDC is giving Harper more money 58 min another taxpayer 34
GNC sells stuff to pass a drug test now! 1 hr STOP THIS 1
Valley of the Caddo Museum and Cultural Center ... 1 hr Earl 6
Make a Sentence Out Of a 5-Letter Word (Aug '10) 1 hr whatimeisit 2,793
PEDC Investigation (Apr '14) 2 hr Bert 248
is the strangle hold on paris tx being threatened? 2 hr Bert 81
Attention Republicans 3 hr Anonymous 47
Walkout by welders at Turner 7 hr cash 53