United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

According to the paris news!
http://theparisnews.com/news/article_71b52094...
So much for the pay raise, and the new computers and repairs to the annex and......
In the Know

Canton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Insurance costs are high, no doubt about it. And Lamar County is struggling to make it work for the employees without increasing expenses dramatically.

But lets face it, there ARE ways to pay for health insurance and other needs at the county.

And thats to keep Superville from wasting money and misleading the citizens of Lamar County.
Here's just a few examples:

1. In 2010 Superville said each county employee had a $50,000 retirement plan. That was untrue statement and he later admitted so.
2. In the 2011-2012 budget Lamar County spent nearly $300,000 on the old post office. There is no plan whatsoever describing HOW the county is going to use that building.
3. Superville has recently commented on how he is looking for funds to build a $300,000 parking lot north of the courthouse. So let me get this stratight, he wants to spend money we DONT have on a parking lot we DONT need?
4. He spent over $125,000 to put solar panels on the probation department. How is this a necessary expense in this time of budget hardship and a declining tax base?

Dont forget this is the same man who presided over the $10 million remodelling of the courthouse. The same courthouse now with a leaking roof, collapsing ceilings, a 30+ year old computer system that cant be maintained, windows that dont open (that we Lamar County paid for TWICE), an elevator that is broken more often than it works, an alarm system that does not work, etc...

There are ways to fix the budget problem at the courthouse. The best and cheapest way is to get rid of Superville next year.

Just my opinion.
Anon

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

The only way that insurance costs will fall in this country is to take the profit out of the equation and provide medicare for everyone. It works in every other so-called 'first world' countries. Only in America do we value the almighty profit over peoples' lives and health. When enough of you simplistic idealogues lose your access, your opinion and your votes will change. Do you really want to deny coverage to a sick child so that billionaires can put a few more bucks in their childrens' trust funds? That is exactly what the Ryan plan will do. Read it.
What now chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

In the Know wrote:
Insurance costs are high, no doubt about it. And Lamar County is struggling to make it work for the employees without increasing expenses dramatically.
But lets face it, there ARE ways to pay for health insurance and other needs at the county.
And thats to keep Superville from wasting money and misleading the citizens of Lamar County.
1. In 2010 Superville said each county employee had a $50,000 retirement plan. That was untrue statement and he later admitted so.
2. In the 2011-2012 budget Lamar County spent nearly $300,000 on the old post office. There is no plan whatsoever describing HOW the county is going to use that building.
3. Superville has recently commented on how he is looking for funds to build a $300,000 parking lot north of the courthouse. So let me get this stratight, he wants to spend money we DONT have on a parking lot we DONT need?
4. He spent over $125,000 to put solar panels on the probation department. How is this a necessary expense in this time of budget hardship and a declining tax base?
Dont forget this is the same man who presided over the $10 million remodelling of the courthouse. The same courthouse now with a leaking roof, collapsing ceilings, a 30+ year old computer system that cant be maintained, windows that dont open (that we Lamar County paid for TWICE), an elevator that is broken more often than it works, an alarm system that does not work, etc...
There are ways to fix the budget problem at the courthouse. The best and cheapest way is to get rid of Superville next year.
Just my opinion.
Someone needs to offer u a book deal
Also the deal with tyler tech is done!
All in the name of a plush lifestyle for those highend employees
What now chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
The only way that insurance costs will fall in this country is to take the profit out of the equation and provide medicare for everyone. It works in every other so-called 'first world' countries. Only in America do we value the almighty profit over peoples' lives and health. When enough of you simplistic idealogues lose your access, your opinion and your votes will change. Do you really want to deny coverag
e to a sick child so that billionaires can put a few more bucks in their childrens' trust funds? That is exactly what the Ryan plan will do. Read it.
Im
Beginning to like u!!!
Anon

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

What now chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Im

Beginning to like u!!!
Thanks. I'm not so bad.:)
hayseed

Clarksville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

In the Know wrote:
Just my opinion.
Naawww. They've paid to have that elevator fixed many times. It's bound to be perfect by now.
Dump Chuck

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

In the Know wrote:
Just my opinion.
Dead on right!! Won't someone PLEASE run against that dumb @$@#$@%? PLEASE!!!!!
sick

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

I'm glad to see someone will speak the truth about superville. He is a nut! People wake up and see what this guy has done to this COUNTY. It is not fixable after his time in office. We the taxpayers will be paying for this guy for years to come!!!
tick tock doc

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

In the Know wrote:
Just my opinion.
Superville doesn't care about the county employees - he only cares about Chuck Superville. He has no wife (never has, never will), no kids (never has, never will) and DOES NOT CARE about what happens to our families. He's built himself a cathedral downtown and the rest of us have to pay for it.
Unelect him

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

sick wrote:
I'm glad to see someone will speak the truth about superville. He is a nut! People wake up and see what this guy has done to this COUNTY. It is not fixable after his time in office. We the taxpayers will be paying for this guy for years to come!!!
This guy needs to be replaced badly. It will take years to fix the problems he has created in this county.
I Heard

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

In the Know wrote:
Just my opinion.
Didnt Superville hire some guy to fix the windows at the courthouse and paid him $15,000 or something like that and all the guy did was shove paper towels in the cracks and glue over them?
Robert

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

I Heard wrote:
<quoted text>
Didnt Superville hire some guy to fix the windows at the courthouse and paid him $15,000 or something like that and all the guy did was shove paper towels in the cracks and glue over them?
I was told it was more like two contracts of about 15,000 each and it consisted of shoving paper towels into cracks and filling the crack up with caulking compound.
Frank

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

There is a big eergency electric generator on the roof that cost roughly 50K and it has never generated in an emergency when the power went out. Like everything else in that 10 million dollar money pit it is always broken down.
intheknow

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Pretty much everyone in charge of key departments in Lamar County/Paris, TX needs to go. All have been in their respective capacities too long. Superville, department heads that work for the city, etc need to go. They are all complacent, righteous, huge egos, know-it-alls and need to be gone. Accountability is no where to be found. Superville, Hundley, Anderson, etc. THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON.........imo
What now chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Unelect him wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy needs to be replaced badly. It will take years to fix the problems he has created in this county.

ok we all know what needs to be done.
Who do we need to indorse to run aginst him in 2014?????
We need to start looking now for someone!
Chuck Chuck

Canton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

What now chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
ok we all know what needs to be done.
Who do we need to indorse to run aginst him in 2014?????
We need to start looking now for someone!
I dont know BUT he will have my vote, my family's votes, my neighbor's votes and anyone else I can find.
patriot

Dayton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
The only way that insurance costs will fall in this country is to take the profit out of the equation and provide medicare for everyone. It works in every other so-called 'first world' countries. Only in America do we value the almighty profit over peoples' lives and health. When enough of you simplistic idealogues lose your access, your opinion and your votes will change. Do you really want to deny coverage to a sick child so that billionaires can put a few more bucks in their childrens' trust funds? That is exactly what the Ryan plan will do. Read it.
. Let's see now, this year's Medicare deficit is projected to be a little under 2 Trillion and in it's current form the long term Medicare deficit is projected to be 38 Trillion and Medicare/medcaid are the largest drivers in the national debt. So exactly how are you going to pay for your grandiose idea? Just as with Obamacare you liberals live in a fantasy world where money grows on magic trees. How ya gonna pay for your proposal?
What now chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

patriot wrote:
<quoted text>. Let's see now, this year's Medicare deficit is projected to be a little under 2 Trillion and in it's current form the long term Medicare deficit is projected to be 38 Trillion and Medicare/medcaid are the largest drivers in the national debt. So exactly how are you going to pay for your grandiose idea? Just as with Obamacare you liberals live in a fantasy world where money grows on magic trees. How ya gonna pay for your proposal?
F that
How are we gonna pay for these local yokals ins that stay sic cuz of smoke and eats!??
What now chuck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

What now chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
F that
How are we gonna pay for these local yokals ins that stay sic cuz of smoke and eats!??
Maybe i should have sedentary and other vices !
I say put them on the fat person program and give all paper and pencils!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min Defiant1 17,288
Dr. Hashmi, he refused to answer all questions 24 min Question 8
President Obama's Birthday 24 min Just watching 2
Can A good Muslim Be A Good American (Nov '09) 27 min Just watching 360
Hamas In Florida - Texas Next? 33 min Just watching 3
Who Said This? 37 min Just watching 7
southside baptist church 1 hr Questions 28
Protest on the loop 3 hr Mrs Quimby 47
Hashmi for Mayor 3 hr Mrs Quimby 20
Why was the Lamar County Veterans Officer asked... 4 hr old vet 24
PEDC Investigation reveals 8 hr LOL 90
•••
•••