First Prev
of 5
Next Last
big dog

Paris, KY

#1 Jan 12, 2012
what about the that place hread it bad out there
back

Paris, KY

#2 Jan 12, 2012
big dog wrote:
what about the that place hread it bad out there
bunch of back stabbers
what u mean

Richmond, KY

#3 Jan 12, 2012
they b all good God Loving peeps. just cus they go to church and talk about their neighbors dont make them back stabbers.. oh oh oh that is the defination of back stabber
big dog

Paris, KY

#4 Jan 12, 2012
they are all back stabbers
they all lie and cus it need to close down
A Friend

Winchester, KY

#5 Jan 12, 2012
big dog wrote:
they are all back stabbers
they all lie and cus it need to close down
What's your name? Do or have you gone to a church service there?

Since: Aug 11

Paris, KY

#6 Jan 12, 2012
From what I've gathered, it's a bit cultish.
A Friend

Winchester, KY

#7 Jan 13, 2012
xTheTruthx wrote:
From what I've gathered, it's a bit cultish.
How is it cultish? Do you believe everything you hear?
Church

Bowie, MD

#8 Jan 13, 2012
Does anyone on this forum even attend church?

So what does it matter to you?

Church isn't for " perfect people, but for sinners as we all are.

Since: Aug 11

Paris, KY

#9 Jan 14, 2012
A Friend wrote:
<quoted text>How is it cultish? Do you believe everything you hear?
It's not so much what I've heard over what I've experienced. First and foremost, it's a Pentecostal church. That should at least be a yellow flag just because of the denomination itself.

Second, I'm not a religious person, but given how religious people are pretty rank and file here, it's not a big surprise that I've attended a few events at a few churches. RoL is the only church where I couldn't wait to escape as the environment made me feel like they were gonna lock the doors from the outside and spend the day forcefully converting me. I'd like to say again that I've never been inside any other church that made me feel that way. There I was in a church full of people who literally follow the bible. I'm sorry, but a literal interpretation of the bible is dangerous and encourages violence, inhumane acts against your fellow man, and pulls people apart by secluding the Pentecostals from the non-religious and the "not REAL Christians".

I have personal experience with a few of the members there that started attending. I watched them get engulfed by the doctrine there and change. Some might think that's a good thing, but those who used to be my friends carry so much burden of the rest of the church family, and I feel like unless I was a member they keep communication with me to a minimum as to not tarnish their faith.

Is it a cult? Hard to say. Does it have the potential of being a cult? Without a doubt.

Since: Aug 11

Paris, KY

#10 Jan 14, 2012
Church wrote:
Does anyone on this forum even attend church?

So what does it matter to you?

Church isn't for " perfect people, but for sinners as we all are.
Sorry for the double post, but I DESPISE this very aspect of religion. Why do you feel the need to degrade yourself because faith demands it? Religion diminishes your self worth and makes you feel like shit unless you're practically giving everything to a deity. After they make you feel like crap about yourself they say "But wait. There is a crutch in God!(or whoever)" so they create this reliance on having an invisible friend who doesn't answer your prayers any more or any less than they did before you started using them as a crutch.

What makes me sick is children get indoctrinated into hating themselves and not enjoying life because it is demanded by the faith that you are never a good person until you are a dead person.

$&%# that!
A Friend

Winchester, KY

#11 Jan 14, 2012
xTheTruthx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for the double post, but I DESPISE this very aspect of religion. Why do you feel the need to degrade yourself because faith demands it? Religion diminishes your self worth and makes you feel like shit unless you're practically giving everything to a deity. After they make you feel like crap about yourself they say "But wait. There is a crutch in God!(or whoever)" so they create this reliance on having an invisible friend who doesn't answer your prayers any more or any less than they did before you started using them as a crutch.
What makes me sick is children get indoctrinated into hating themselves and not enjoying life because it is demanded by the faith that you are never a good person until you are a dead person.
$&%# that!
wow!
BIG DOG

United States

#12 Jan 14, 2012
Where is the "PASTOR" of this church, and why has this charge "NOT" been answered?

Why have not the elders spoke if the "PASTOR" will not?

No members should defend these charges unless the leadership will not, and you have spoke with the "PASTOR" first. Only answer or defend the charges made against this church or the members as a body of "CHRIST", "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?".

If God is to be defended, use his words- through the bible.

Is it not written to; "Correct, Rebuke & be Bold to Sinners".

Is it also not written to; "I give you this charge: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourageŚwith great patience and careful instruction.

SO I ask again, why has the "PASTOR" or "ELDERS" not corrected,rebuked,and encouraged this self confessing "SINNER" against the charges that has been made against this body and members of "CHRIST"!
justwondering

Mount Sterling, KY

#13 Jan 14, 2012
Why does the pastor need a half million dollar home? I guess that's why they preach for thrity minutes about giving.
from the sidelines

Georgetown, KY

#14 Jan 14, 2012
The truth behind disgruntled commentaries is that people who have a negative church/religious experience want to make sure everyone knows just how they feel about how the church failed them. It is ludicrous to berate people who are wanting a better life or to try by the means they see as available to them. It is also ludicrous to say that just because one person chooses to not believe in God or a Christian experience that everyone should feel the same way.
I am not part of the leadership or even a member of ROL.I am a former member who left after the church had split. It was painful and frustrating but this is something that just happens in life including sports teams, businesses and a host of organizations. There are a few churches is this very town that exist because of a split from another church. This is not a Pentecostal thing or a doctrinal thing. There are references in the new testament to divisions even among the apostles. People are just people. Differences of opinions are part of the interpretation of any doctrine.
It seems that your personal interpretation of your experience with ROL is driving your writing. No person- not the pastor,teacher,evangelist- can change,save or affect you in any way that you aren't willing to open yourself up to. If you aren't open to God, He won't force you. You say that you were made to feel that the doors were going to be locked...but were they? You could have left when you were ready. It's all your call. Regarding the people you have had personal experience with who went out there, whose decision was it to become "engulfed by the doctrine"? Maybe they jusy found something made them happy that made sense to them. Maybe they fell in love with Jesus and decided His way-love,hope,freedom in their hearts- was better than the cynicism and hopelessness the world presented to them. I understand that it is uncomfortable and threatening when people around you change, but that's not your business nor your life. That is between those involved and God. The junk you've spewed about the church and your acquaintances on here would cause most people to separate themselves from you....it has nothing to do with ROL. Their lives simply don't concern you.
If someone wants to do an inventory of their lives causes them to see that maybe they have made mistakes and want to have hope for a better day, I guess that makes them a weak person and "makes them feel like crap" as you stated. With so many people being born and raised in terribly disfunctional circumstances, it would seem a very caring person that would want to try a new way or to give their children a hope of a different future.
I am personally glad that the pastor(s) and leadership aren't surfing Topix looking for negative commentaries. The last post(er) quotes several verses but they missed one....Philippians 4:8 tells us that whatever things are true,honest,just,pure and of a good report, to think on those things. You won't typically find a lot of things that fit those descriptions on Topix. If you folks want to hear from the pastor, call the church.
To xThe Truthx(xThe Opinionx)...you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I 100% agree religion is poison but hoping for a better day and a better life is not. EVERY church is a reflection of the way the doctrine is interpreted. Would you have slammed the widow(Luke 21:1-4) that put the last of her money into an offering? It is not your decision nor your concern how people live their lives. If they want to love God they will...if that doesn't work for you, stay away from them. Will you tarnish them? No, but they have chosen to have hope and your "Truth" doesn't give it to them.
If the pastor has a half million dollar home, maybe it's because God let their family have it because of hard work and trusting Him. Is that really anything to you as long as they give what they are asked to? I didn't think so.
A Friend

Winchester, KY

#15 Jan 15, 2012
from the sidelines wrote:
and your acquaintances on here would cause most people to separate themselves from you....it has nothing to do with ROL. Their lives simply don't concern you.
If someone wants to do an inventory of their lives causes them to see that maybe they have made mistakes and want to have hope for a better day, I guess that makes them a weak person and "makes them feel like crap" as you stated. With so many people being born and raised in terribly disfunctional circumstances, it would seem a very caring person that would want to try a new way or to give their children a hope of a different future.
I am personally glad that the pastor(s) and leadership aren't surfing Topix looking for negative commentaries. The last post(er) quotes several verses but they missed one....Philippians 4:8 tells us that whatever things are true,honest,just,pure and of a good report, to think on those things. You won't typically find a lot of things that fit those descriptions on Topix. If you folks want to hear from the pastor, call the church.
To xThe Truthx(xThe Opinionx)...you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I 100% agree religion is poison but hoping for a better day and a better life is not. EVERY church is a reflection of the way the doctrine is interpreted. Would you have slammed the widow(Luke 21:1-4) that put the last of her money into an offering? It is not your decision nor your concern how people live their lives. If they want to love God they will...if that doesn't work for you, stay away from them. Will you tarnish them? No, but they have chosen to have hope and your "Truth" doesn't give it to them.
If the pastor has a half million dollar home, maybe it's because God let their family have it because of hard work and trusting Him. Is that really anything to you as long as they give what they are asked to? I didn't think so.
Blah blah blah.. what? They are known for how they love each other; and it's hard to become one of them. The End. There are only a handful who walk what they talk.
from the sidelines

Georgetown, KY

#16 Jan 15, 2012
The part about only some walking what they talk isn't specific to ROL. That's everywhere. Is it a cult? Not hardly.
I don't really know what the blah.blah thing was for but it's no biggie. I know the post was long but there were several points I wanted to speak to.
I guess a shorter Topix version would have been...people are free to go to church and seek God where they want and lives their lives however they see fit. Mind your own business if you don't like it.I just chose to use other terms not quite so harsh.
Have a great evening.
Point

Washington, DC

#17 Jan 15, 2012
So why do u feel like u must put this church down so much? Normal people if asked may give their opinion but wouldn't spend all of their time unless trying to hurt someone specifically. The way I look, it's personal too take so much of your time
from the sidelines

Georgetown, KY

#18 Jan 15, 2012
Point- I hope your question isn't directed toward me. My intention was never to criticize the people of the church...many of the people there are still like family to me. My intention was to address the questions and statements of the ones who started and continued this post. People ARE people in every church and not everyone in every church walks it. Some only play church and go just to ease their conscience. My intent in writing was to be an objective viewpoint. I realize Topix is just a place for people to share their opinion and to gossip. I leave 99% of the opinions alone because people are entitled to freedom of speech. Some, like the early posters in this thread are just plain wrong and speaking from a carnal, unregenerated, non-spiritual standpoint. The point in my writing was to try to get the point across that the people writing this crap were speaking from their personal perspective....just because they see it that way(their opinion) doesnt make it right. It is perception and perception is not always reality.
Have a great evening.
BIG DOG

United States

#19 Jan 16, 2012
I can see why you left, stop giving your opinions, you are starting to make there points- when you downgrade someone for there perception and opinion how are you any different. Because you think your opinion is correct? Its not crap to them and if you want to speak for GOD tell what he teaches, not what you think, they don't care. They think you are wrong and they are right. "Correct, rebuke and encourageŚwith great patience and careful instruction-this must come from what the "BIBLE SAYS" then let the holly spirit convict them, not us.

Is it not written; Jesus taught that when the Holy Spirit came, He would convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8). Jesus explained in verse 9 that the Holy Spirit would convict the world of sin, "because they believe not on me". Jesus is the pure, sinless, and holy Son of God. To reject Him is to reject God (Luke 10:16) and to oppose what is right. The Holy Spirit's word convicts the sinner of sin in rejecting the Savior. In verse 10, Jesus said the Holy Spirit convicts of "righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see me no more." Jesus was condemned by man on a charge of blasphemy, but His resurrection, ascension, and exaltation to God's right hand established His claim of equality with God. Through the word, the Holy Spirit works on the sinner's heart, convincing him that Christ is righteous and he is guilty. Further, in verse 11 Jesus taught that the Holy Spirit convicts "of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged." Paul called Satan "the god of this world" (2 Cor. 4:4). He withstood Jesus in every way, although he was ultimately unsuccessful. He was responsible for the death of Jesus. When God raised Jesus from the tomb the plans of the Devil were foiled, and his doom sealed. He is under the judgment of God! The gospel (revealed by the Holy Spirit) works in the heart of a sinner, convicting him of the absolute certainty of his own accountability before God.

The Spirit does not coerce our conviction. There is no arm-twisting, nor is there any trickery or physical force involved in bringing us to faith in Christ. Suppose you were trying to convince a friend of siding with you on some issue you both face. Your friend has the freedom to accept your ideas, or to reject them altogether. To gain his agreement, you would present all the facts you could, make logical arguments, draw sound conclusions and be as persuasive as possible that your ideas must be accepted. This is exactly how the Holy Spirit operates upon our free wills through His word. In short, conversion does not occur miraculously through the Spirit's direct intervention. There is no evidence that the Holy Spirit convicts sinners against their wills.

The Scriptures teach that the Spirit operates through the word of truth which He has revealed. In every instance of conversion in the New Testament, the Spirit and the word are never separated. The word of God was taught to every person who was converted to Christ. Certainly, some miracles were performed, and there were outpourings of the Holy Spirit. Yet, each case shows that the Spirit's word had to be believed and obeyed for salvation to take place. In fact, the Holy Spirit was "poured out" when conversion was not the object of such outpouring. Consider what happened in Acts 2 on the day of Pentecost. The apostles received the Spirit (v. 1-4) and then spoke by His power. They were inspired messengers of the Spirit. Declaring the righteousness of Christ, Peter preached the gospel and identified Jesus as the long-awaited Christ (v. 36). This Spirit-inspired teaching convicted these people and prompted them to ask, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" (v. 37). They were instructed to "repent and be baptized" so they could be forgiven and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (v. 38).
BIG DOG

United States

#20 Jan 16, 2012
Furthermore, the case of Cornelius in Acts 10 demonstrates that the Holy Spirit was "poured out" (v. 45) upon these Gentiles, but not for the purpose of salvation. In spite of such an outpouring of the Spirit upon them, Cornelius and his household still needed to be "baptized in the name of the Lord" (v. 48). Belief in Christ was essential for the "remission of sins" (v. 43). To give Cornelius the information he needed to formulate such faith, Peter taught him the Spirit-inspired gospel (v. 34-43). Later, in Acts 11:14, Peter relates that an angel had spoken to Cornelius telling him to send for Peter to come to Joppa. Peter's purpose there was to "tell you words by which you and all your household will be saved." These "words" which convicted Cornelius and instilled faith in his heart were words inspired by the Holy Spirit! Cornelius may have been "baptized with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 11:16) but it was the Spirit's convicting message which brought him to salvation.

Consider the fact that genuine faith comes by hearing God's word (Rom. 10:17). Our hearts are made pure by faith (Acts 15:9). Birth by water and by the Spirit (John 3:5) is essential for one who wishes to see the kingdom. Paul said that the Corinthians were born by the gospel (1 Cor. 4:15). James added that God birthed us with the "word of truth" (1:18). Finally, Peter assures us that we were "born again ... through the word of God which lives and abides forever." (1 Pet. 1:23).

The evidence is abundant that the Spirit convicts and converts through the agency of the Scriptures. "Correct, rebuke and encourage" then they don't reject your opinion they reject Scriptures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paris dummies arrested 3 hr Really 1
Jason Tolliver 7 hr Worried and stinky 1
Looking For A Man! 7 hr Jason 10
Austin Burberry 10 hr xanny 3
james gang mc (Nov '09) 11 hr willy 146
tunnels in paris 11 hr timbog 2
brenda slone Sun do u know 1
Paris Dating
Find my Match

Paris Jobs

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paris News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paris

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]