First Prev
of 2
Next Last
American

Paragould, AR

#1 Dec 19, 2012
It is time for the good people of Paragould to boycott this sorry excuse for a newspaper. Do not buy adds or papers and maybe they will stop trying to ruin the repuation of our good city.

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Dec 19, 2012
All the paper is good for it some local news.
greg

Paragould, AR

#3 Dec 19, 2012
American wrote:
It is time for the good people of Paragould to boycott this sorry excuse for a newspaper. Do not buy adds or papers and maybe they will stop trying to ruin the repuation of our good city.
I didn't see the police chief or the mayor on tv8. Cowards don't even want to recant what they said. I bet the DP has it on tape!
dice

Paragould, AR

#4 Dec 20, 2012
You know what... the paper is ok and if I didn't get it I would miss it. The only bad comment I guess I have is I really wish they would put nice news as the front/first thing you read, NOT be pics and info about 00thieves, dopers, etc.==just move it further in the paper.
\
John Tisker

Paragould, AR

#5 Dec 21, 2012
greg wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see the police chief or the mayor on tv8. Cowards don't even want to recant what they said. I bet the DP has it on tape!
Go ahead John, listen to the tape and you'll find that what they wrote in that article is misconstrued and taken out of context. Use common sense and think about it...do you really think you'd ever see a cop garbed in SWAT gear patrolling the streets of Paragould, AR??? It'll never happen. Even if the city officials wanted to do that (which they don't), they would be shut down by the federal government faster than you can imagine. The SWAT gear and AR-15's were only going to be used in a situation where they absolutely needed it. Like a drug bust or something else of that magnitude. The Daily Press just used that quote out of context, making it seem like something that it's really not. Also, the picture they used was an officer responding to a bomb threat. But, like I said, when it's used in that context people believe that's what is actually going on. What you really need to think about, Greg, is that the Daily Press did really hurt the community for their own personal gain. People all over are reconsidering before they build or even do business here. This town has tried very hard to keep moving forward, and it's sad that the city's own newspaper would do something like this to hinder that progress. What's even more pathetic is that they are a business in Paragould, you would think they would know a little better. They should practice a little more common sense. Anyone at the town hall meeting will tell you that it was a meeting where concerned citizens were informed about the crime in their part of the community. Any police department in the country will increase police presence in an area with higher crime. They do this so they can protect those citizens who do abide by the law. It would be hilarious that people actually believe this nonsense if it wasn't hurting the community so much. So take a look out of your window, Greg, and I'm sure you'll never see armed officers patrolling the streets of Paragould asking for identification. Regardless of if you like the mayor or police chief, they would never infringe on people's rights like that.
CONSIDER THIS

Paragould, AR

#6 Dec 21, 2012
I dont know the reporter, but I do know that he has not lived here very long, and I would assume that like all of them he will be out of here at the first opportunity. Those of us that have lived here all our life are concerned and want something done.
crack me up

Dallas, TX

#7 Dec 21, 2012
I find it comical that some things never change - damn papers fault for printing verified public information! Look at HALF the threads on Paragould Topix they are full of crap about the threat of martial law in Paragould and before the paper printed it! BUT what the hay someone has to be at fault and it can't be the ones that actually started it!

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Dec 21, 2012
I think that Richard that had his picture in the paper is trying to shake things up. Someone goes way out of their way to cause trouble. I wish they would stop.

Paragould, AR

#9 Dec 21, 2012
John Tisker wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead John, listen to the tape and you'll find that what they wrote in that article is misconstrued and taken out of context. Use common sense and think about it...do you really think you'd ever see a cop garbed in SWAT gear patrolling the streets of Paragould, AR??? It'll never happen. Even if the city officials wanted to do that (which they don't), they would be shut down by the federal government faster than you can imagine. The SWAT gear and AR-15's were only going to be used in a situation where they absolutely needed it. Like a drug bust or something else of that magnitude. The Daily Press just used that quote out of context, making it seem like something that it's really not. Also, the picture they used was an officer responding to a bomb threat. But, like I said, when it's used in that context people believe that's what is actually going on. What you really need to think about, Greg, is that the Daily Press did really hurt the community for their own personal gain. People all over are reconsidering before they build or even do business here. This town has tried very hard to keep moving forward, and it's sad that the city's own newspaper would do something like this to hinder that progress. What's even more pathetic is that they are a business in Paragould, you would think they would know a little better. They should practice a little more common sense. Anyone at the town hall meeting will tell you that it was a meeting where concerned citizens were informed about the crime in their part of the community. Any police department in the country will increase police presence in an area with higher crime. They do this so they can protect those citizens who do abide by the law. It would be hilarious that people actually believe this nonsense if it wasn't hurting the community so much. So take a look out of your window, Greg, and I'm sure you'll never see armed officers patrolling the streets of Paragould asking for identification. Regardless of if you like the mayor or police chief, they would never infringe on people's rights like that.
Again, if the words of the Police Chief was taken out of context, then what in the world was that context? A video game that he is designing? A novel that he is writting? Not even the Police Chief himself has denied the quotes in the Paragould Daily Press. Now that says something. Not you.

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Dec 21, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, if the words of the Police Chief was taken out of context, then what in the world was that context? A video game that he is designing? A novel that he is writting? Not even the Police Chief himself has denied the quotes in the Paragould Daily Press. Now that says something. Not you.
You know, you are so disagreeable that I bet you won't like any lumps of coal you will probably get for Christmas. Cause Santa only gets gifts for nice little boys and girls. He says you don't play we'll with others.
Wanker

Little Rock, AR

#11 Dec 21, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
have you not figured it out yet? Everyone on here is tired of you, you're an azz, get over this whole video game crap. If you wanted to know what was said you should have attended the meeting. Again, you have no intention of listening to reason or fact. Your mind is made up and you have no plans to change it.

Paragould, AR

#12 Dec 21, 2012
Show us the posts about the threat of martial law within our city before the paper printed its crap.
crack me up wrote:
I find it comical that some things never change - damn papers fault for printing verified public information! Look at HALF the threads on Paragould Topix they are full of crap about the threat of martial law in Paragould and before the paper printed it! BUT what the hay someone has to be at fault and it can't be the ones that actually started it!
wow

Paragould, AR

#13 Dec 23, 2012
John Tisker wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a tape of the meeting? I for one would like to know if the Chief actually made those quotes. IF he made the quotes, he should be held accountable. If he didn't make those quotes, or they were paraphrased or misleading, then the Daily Press should be held accountable. This is a pretty serious situation. This community has every right to be upset and concerned.

While it is the responsibility of the Press/Media to report the news, it is not their right to create or change the news. Has anyone ever heard of criminal libel? It's a felony. "Malicious libel which constitutes a breach of the peace or seriously or significantly injures the reputation of another person." In this case, it would be considered a breach of the peace since the police department or the Mayor have both received death threats over this matter.

It's our, the citizen's rights, to take back our community. This applies not only to the police or city government, but also in terms of the press.

Now, you do bring up a point that needs to be addressed. If companies are considering relocating, then they do have a reason to be concerned. Certain things such as crime rates are very concerning to companies, and should be addressed. But these facts can't be covered up either. Hopefully, this whole thing will bring people together to address these problems. Just be prepared, in all likelihood, to address the problem, we will have to hire more officers.
I agree

Little Rock, AR

#14 Dec 23, 2012
Bunch of loser reporters that barely make more than minimum wage, just chomping at the bit to get out of town to a better job. What do you expect for 8 bucks an hour?
observer

Paragould, AR

#15 Dec 23, 2012
crack me up wrote:
Yeah they are a real asset to the community. They only try to stir up controversy where there isn't any. They have no ethics. They try to make a controversy out of the nativity scene at tech. Since nobody complained, they called the ACLU. The editor and publisher are both unethical and not to be trusted. They could have commended the Mayor for trying to protect citizens but that would not be controversial.

United States

#16 Dec 24, 2012
The reporter has an audio recording of the statements made by the Mayor and Police Chief.

Many in attendance at the town hall meeting also heard what was said and have confirmed the statements printed in the Daily News.

You haven't heard either the Mayor or Police Chief say they were misquoted. There's a reason for that. They weren't.
wow

Paragould, AR

#17 Dec 24, 2012
guest wrote:
The reporter has an audio recording of the statements made by the Mayor and Police Chief.
Many in attendance at the town hall meeting also heard what was said and have confirmed the statements printed in the Daily News.
You haven't heard either the Mayor or Police Chief say they were misquoted. There's a reason for that. They weren't.
well, why don't they put the transcript on their website. That would solve a lot of the controversy.

Paragould, AR

#18 Dec 24, 2012
Wanker wrote:
<quoted text>have you not figured it out yet? Everyone on here is tired of you, you're an azz, get over this whole video game crap. If you wanted to know what was said you should have attended the meeting. Again, you have no intention of listening to reason or fact. Your mind is made up and you have no plans to change it.
You are the one who seems to have no intention of listening to reason or fact, and if people were only interested in things that they personally hear or see, then we would have very limited minds indeed. Again, not even the Police Chief has opposed the accuracy of the quotes in the Paragould Daily Press. Is there a reason for that fact? Or is he incompetent for not clearing this all up by saying "I didn't say that?" Reasons. Facts. You talk about them. Try using them.

Winnsboro, TX

#19 Dec 24, 2012
Daily Press is just another left wing paper trying to grab headlines. Too bad it ain't worth wiping your butt with.

Paragould, AR

#20 Dec 24, 2012
guest wrote:
Daily Press is just another left wing paper trying to grab headlines. Too bad it ain't worth wiping your butt with.
Thanks for exemplifying my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paragould Tough Guys (Nov '08) 29 min RD KA 24
carolyn collins 57 min crystal gallo 2
Walmart thanksgiving night 1 hr yesiam 2
Change one letter in the word ! (Nov '09) 1 hr luci 10,137
If there is a God 1 hr Illuminati 1
If your wife stops having sex with you, is it o... (Nov '08) 1 hr LordZ 396
Looking for a good paying job!!! 2 hr Wake up 19
Paragould Dating
Find my Match

Paragould People Search