Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Judged:

I had my finger crushed at walmart a few nights ago trying to get a propane tank? Should I see a lawyer?
OMG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

lol. yes right away!!!!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

Yeah, I bet the lawyers that work for Walmart are a bunch of push overs. If you had a legit case they would just bury it under paper for years.
Concerned

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

wonder how much you can sue for, i went right to the er!
Cyberlawyer

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

you should talk to taxpayer. I hear she is an expert on litigation.
tomtom

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Cyberlawyer wrote:
you should talk to taxpayer. I hear she is an expert on litigation.
taxpayer !! yea he thinks he is but believe me he's no expert !! he's a dumass
ummno

State University, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Judged:

You smashed your OWN finger.. by yourself right?!
if something fell on you and your finger got crushed than yes u can sue..but if YOU were grabbing the propane tank.. than YOU did it to YOURSELF.
Walmart isn't responsible for YOUR OWN ACCIDENTS.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Concerned wrote:
I had my finger crushed at walmart a few nights ago trying to get a propane tank? Should I see a lawyer?
You have every right to file a lawsuit if you want -- and if you have an case at all, then Wal-Mart would more than likely probably offer you a confidential settlement to go away...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Twilight_Madness wrote:
Okay first off Wal-mart has some of the best lawyers in the world. Second off, your a d*mn fool suing walmart for something you did!
The next part is if you didn't report it when it happened, then they owe you nothing because you can't prove it.
People do sucesfully sue (and especially get confidential settlements) from Wal-Mart.

And what happened wasn't necessarally that person's fault (perhaps it was how they had the tanks stored or displayed).

And the "you can't prove it" bit could be said even if that person had immediately reported it. Who would he or she have "reported" it to anyways? And even if she had "reported" it to someone (only God knows who) then that person could still say that it had happened elsewhere just the same as the situation is now. The poster said that he or she went to the EMERGENCY ROOM! The proof that something happened doesn't get much better than that. And the incident should be on tape, as Wal-Mart has cameras all over the place.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Twilight_Madness wrote:
Walmart has a legal policy that says if you are injured on walmart propertity (that is non-fatal or you are unconcious) you have to stop the nearest employee, and tell them. They call the manager, and you fill out an non-employee accident report, and then they just pretty much pay for everything. And p.s. half of walmarts cameras aren't turned on.
It doesn't matter if they have that "legal policy" that says that customers that are injured have to follow certain reporting procedures.

Especially if the customer that is injured has in no way consented to the so-called "legal policy" (much less if the customer has never even so much as heard of that so-called "legal policy").

And customers are in no way legally bound by their so-called "legal policies" by virtue of the customers mere presence on their property.

And I'm sure that if an accident is on tape, then Wal-Mart tries to say "that camera wasn't on" LOL!

“What's up?”

Since: Nov 08

Paragould

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

R U serious?? You did that to yourself. Don't try to make money off your own mistake. That would be like saying I stubbed my toe on one of the poles in there and broke my toe and tried to sue walmart!!
momoftwo

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

Twilight_Madness wrote:
Walmart has a legal policy that says if you are injured on walmart propertity (that is non-fatal or you are unconcious) you have to stop the nearest employee, and tell them. They call the manager, and you fill out an non-employee accident report, and then they just pretty much pay for everything. And p.s. half of walmarts cameras aren't turned on.
My Mom fell in another Wal-Mart store 2 years ago and broke her arm at the shoulder. Not a single associate stopped to ask if she needed help. My Dad called the ambluance. The people in the pharmacy called management (to fill out the report) but no one offered to help.

Needless to say, Wal-Mart didn't pay for any medical bills (ambulance ride, ER, surgery and rehab) she had due to the fall.

The sad thing about this whole thing? My Mom worked in the store for 11 years!

Good luck with the bum finger.
Concerned

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

It happened right in front of the Ast Manager dumb ass and I did file a claim report and went straight to the ER!
my butt hurts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2009

my but started started hurtn at wal mart im sueing gosh that is so stupid
Not too Concerned

Lonsdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Judged:

People looking for a free ride through life make me wanna puke. This is the most sue happy town I have ever seen filled with so many of the laziest people who think the whole world owes it to them to support them.
WTF

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Concerned wrote:
I got an idea. Get off your whiny ass, slap a bandaide on it, and go back to work. UR what's wrong with our country today

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

nothing wrong with the person reporting and inquiring but i will tell you from experience that walmart has THE best lawyers and even with witnesses they can shred you in court. they will not settle out of court and they are known for fixing documents and mysteriously losing video. seriously
bipolar babe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

ummno wrote:
You smashed your OWN finger.. by yourself right?!
if something fell on you and your finger got crushed than yes u can sue..but if YOU were grabbing the propane tank.. than YOU did it to YOURSELF.
Walmart isn't responsible for YOUR OWN ACCIDENTS.
This person could call AFLAC if they had it. lol
DONT GO TO MCDONALDS

Big Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

You might burn your mouth. They're coffee is HOT. They even had to put it on the cup (you know, because coffee's normally never EVER hot)- because of people like you.
But seriously... if you were at your house and smashed your finger trying to get a propane tank who would you sue? No one. Why? Because it's ridiculous. Accidents happen - it's part of life. You can't just go around suing people every time you get hurt.

“All-Notions.com”

Level 2

Since: Aug 08

Live in Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Twilight_Madness wrote:
Okay first off Wal-mart has some of the best lawyers in the world. Second off, your a d*mn fool suing walmart for something you did!
The next part is if you didn't report it when it happened, then they owe you nothing because you can't prove it.
All I have to say is, if his finger was hurt because of something on wal-marts part, then they will probably do an out of court settlement, if it's his doing, chances are he wouldn't win. Either way, if he's willing to give it a try, he should. A person's not a fool for trying if they may have a case, there a fool if they don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Paragould Forum right now

Search the Paragould Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Katrina from dodge store (Aug '10) 29 min justme 24
to my fellow christians 31 min Redneckcasanova 3
Cops wife 32 min rilly 18
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 36 min unfinished business 29,114
Bondage 59 min jesus christ homosexual 8
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 1 hr Cat74 831
rustyforjudge 1 hr Supporting Rusty 19
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) 5 hr The Student 576
•••