kittykat

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

I was told that they have made some new laws about having pitts in city limits. I just moved here and was concedering getting one but I am having issues finding out the legalities of having them. Anyone that has any information on this please leave a comment.
owner of a pitbull

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

you must have insurance on the dog.nobody can walk the dog under the age of 18 and it has to have a muzzle on when walking . if outside it must be locked up in a kennel with a good lock and chain. you have to make sure it can not dig out or climb over if it does the kennel must have a top. if the dog is not kept up you will get a fine.
whatever

Enterprise, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

I can tell you they are against the law in city limits of LC my husband was a police officer when the law passed a few yrs ago.
kittykat wrote:
I was told that they have made some new laws about having pitts in city limits. I just moved here and was concedering getting one but I am having issues finding out the legalities of having them. Anyone that has any information on this please leave a comment.
Needtoquitbeingr etarded

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

This is an City Ordinance, and they pushed it through at the begining of the year. I think whatever needs to lay off the pot!

“Cant we all just get along”

Since: Apr 08

Paragould AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Needtoquitbeingretarded wrote:
This is an City Ordinance, and they pushed it through at the begining of the year. I think whatever needs to lay off the pot!
I think they were talking about Lawrence County.
Pit bull

Bossier City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Judged:

Needtoquitbeingretarded wrote:
Does pit bull and pot go together.
others

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

does the paragould ordinance apply to pit bulls only or to others such as rotts and dobermans?
Just wondering

Beech Grove, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

that is what I was about to ask.... I don't think that it is the dog that is mean it is the people who make them mean. I have a big dog and he is a big puppy he has never acted aggressive or anything like that. He plays with my baby and everything, but he has been babyed his whole life. My neice was attacked by a pitt at school! That dog was put down and it had scars on it from where it had been beat on and stuff.
Others

Bossier City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

others wrote:
does the paragould ordinance apply to pit bulls only or to others such as rotts and dobermans?
Others.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Judged:

The same law in other cities in Arkansas is being overturned. Good owners of pits are suing, and the judges are going against the city ordinance saying it is unconstitutional or something, and the cities are having to quit the pit bans. Pits are not the most aggressive dogs. A recent study showed that more dog bites come from dachsunds, chihuhuas, jack russells and cocker spaniels. They are not reported as often because they are usually not as bad bites. Paragould Pit Bull Owners need to get together and sue the city, and get this stupid ordinance overturned.

“Mmmmm Thats some good gravy!”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Judged:

Pit Bull owners need to ban together and move from Paragould not sue Paragould.
Guest08

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

Judged:

Yeah, I can see it now on Kait8 "Mailman attacked by vicious wiener dog, chews shoe clean off"
mama pitt

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

the laws are silly it's the type of people who aren't responsible enough to own a powerful dog and train and socialize them that should be a crime i have two of the best pitts in the world they live in my home with my children and cats and wouldn't harm a fly i live in a good neighborhood and i am afraid to walk my dogs outside of my fence with out getting a fine because i don't see a reason to muzzle them
Justalocal

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Pit bulls are like guns, they are only as dangerous as the person who owns them. However, i would suggest contacting the local law enforcement to find out all the rules regarding "dangerous" animals. I have owned pits before, and i currently have no use for them now that i have children.
You said it all

Bossier City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Justalocal wrote:
Pit bulls are like guns, they are only as dangerous as the person who owns them. However, i would suggest contacting the local law enforcement to find out all the rules regarding "dangerous" animals. I have owned pits before, and i currently have no use for them now that i have children.
You said it all.
To nothing

Bossier City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

mr nice guy wrote:
when we moved into our house it was brand new, our land lord said no dogs then people kept breaking into our vehicles then he said to chain up a bigass dog outside but he said no pitbulls, and im like what the hell? what the difference in having a pitbull or a rott or doberman? so we got the part chow part lab from my girlfriends dads junk yard, but the thing that made me mad was that one of our friends pits had puppies and we could of got one for free and my friends sister had a beautiful pit pup for cheap and we couldnt buy her either people discriminate and it riduculious...
You need to set your priorities straight and own your own place. You like to bitch and blame some one esle b/c of your weak priority program. That one of the first thing I figuted out when I left the nest at 18 I was going to have to live some place. so I bough my own home. You could do the same. You have no right to think you are right and the person smarter than you is wrong they owned the place. not shut up or put up know it all.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

kittykat wrote:
You can get a copy of the new city ordinance at city hall, and no, its not against the law to have a pitbull, but there is a list of dog breeds and other animals, I have seen the list and it is stupi, it even has fish and birds on it. If your dog gets deemed as vicious whether it is pitbull or poodle, you have to take out 10 grand worth of ins. on it and keep it in a pen( buried 2 ft in the ground with a top) inside of a fence, I cant remeber all the rediculous rules, go by and get a copy, it is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Im not against having to register your dog and show proof of rabies shots if it is a larger breed, but this ordinance is pretty much against any pet owner, I think it even mentions domestic cats.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

you can get a copy of the city ordinnace at city hall, I dont think its illegal to own a certain breed, just think thre are rules on most of the larger breeds, I read it, but it was confusing and lengthy and talks about any and ever type of pet one could have, dogs, domestic cats, exotic pets, snakes, lizards fish, birds, etc
nurse lady

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

i have a copy i got it from the police department it names pitt bulls in particular and wolf hybrids it also gives pretty much any redneck in city limits permission to shoot at any dog that they believe to be vicious personaly i am more afraid of the rednecks than the pitts
whatever

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

my brother has a sweet 6month old pit I see nothing wrong with them they are as sweet as you make them! for that being said paragould in general has a leash law on ALL dogs if you have it outside it has to be in a fence or on a leash it don't matter if you have a tiny tea cup chihuahua or a large pit I think as long as you teach your dog manners and have it under a vets care and stuff nothign with come about... I have met more tiny dogs that are mean than big ones.... people get afraid of big dogs b/c they are big and thats it when they are just tring to be like the small ones and love on you its people that make them mean that are the problems put them on leash's and in fences and maybe that will fix them lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Paragould Forum right now

Search the Paragould Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
section 8 breaking news 1 hr amazing 17
Is Terry Melton a lying scumbag? 1 hr Barney 3 3
Senate votes 56-43 to reverse Hobby Lobby Decision 1 hr Barney 3 22
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Barney 4 28,987
Mike Ross took a payoff 2 hr mike sold us out 1
Katrina from dodge store (Aug '10) 2 hr Micheal 11
Mississippi County public housing office could ... 2 hr will this ever end 1
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) 8 hr Nevaehym 568
•••