Greene County Tech's Band Director

Posted in the Paragould Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GCT Parent

Paragould, AR

#1 Sep 23, 2010
I was in the parking lot last week getting ready to watch my child practice football and I noticed that the Sr. High Band Director was pushing and shoving one of the kids and yelling at the top of his lungs. I wonder if he does this often or not? I can tell you I will never let my child in the band program at Tech if the adminstration allows him to do this. I believe that this should be ground for immediate dismissal. If I was that child's parent I would be contacting the daily press and get them involved. Look what happen when they got involved with the coaches (they are all gone but maybe one or two)
Cussing

Paragould, AR

#2 Sep 24, 2010
I have witnessed Him cursing the kids for sure!
aka

United States

#3 Sep 24, 2010
Yes he does this to get to the kid and use as an example he says to other students. He has threatened the students if they did not do something they would stay till right or would not go to competition. He plays favorites. But as far as cursing never seen this. He raises his voice and makes one feel horrible.
GCT Grad

United States

#4 Sep 24, 2010
I am a grad from Tech and was in his band program and I have never known him to do so. He is a great director and person and is very carin. But this was some ten years ago as well. Things can change but I just dont see Mr. Davis doing this, cuz he is a great band teacher. If you are that concern why didnt you go over there and stop him? If you were any type of parent wouldnt you do that to any child? So please!
GCT BAND PARENT

United States

#5 Sep 24, 2010
Why would you post this on topix instead of going to the superintendent? I think Mr. Davis is a wonderful and dedicated man, who spends countless upaid hours at the school. Take his salaray and mutliply it by the hours he spends with these band kids and you will find out that he does not get paid near enough. Very few teachers are that dedicated. By the way, you should park over close to the football coaches, and listen for awhile.
parent

Paragould, AR

#6 Sep 24, 2010
Cussing wrote:
call the supt guarantee you he will not like it and will not put up with it
gct band parent

Little Rock, AR

#7 Sep 25, 2010
Yes this is very common with him. Has done it for years does no good to complain. I confronted him and got the same treatment.
Gct student

Burlingame, CA

#8 Sep 25, 2010
Our band sucks so who cares. Nothing towards the ppl in it but they play the same crap every year.

Level 1

Since: Dec 09

United States

#9 Sep 25, 2010
Danny is old school and will raise his voice to get a obviously smart kid that's being dumb to pay attention, but he would never raise a hand to any student.
no name

Paragould, AR

#10 Sep 26, 2010
what about mr holt i hve hurd a lot about him

United States

#11 Sep 26, 2010
Gct student wrote:
Our band sucks so who cares. Nothing towards the ppl in it but they play the same crap every year.
This must be a Paragould Band Student.

Level 1

United States

#12 Sep 26, 2010
Cussing wrote:
Kids are too wussy anyways these days.
Gct student

Little Rock, AR

#13 Sep 26, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>This must be a Paragould Band Student.
No I'm a senior at tech. Been at tech all my life.
Bulldog

Paragould, AR

#14 Sep 26, 2010
Belasrius wrote:
Danny is old school and will raise his voice to get a obviously smart kid that's being dumb to pay attention, but he would never raise a hand to any student.
he evidently does not know that the school colors of gct are greene and gold. Blue flags, black shirts, cmon!!
gct band parent

Little Rock, AR

#15 Sep 26, 2010
the flags and and flag uniforms always go with the show they are doing
Another band parent

Paragould, AR

#16 Sep 27, 2010
The comment that started this post did happen. I have heard about it from more than one student, including my own. It has been reported to the principal. Now what will happen when Mr. Weeks knows?

Level 1

United States

#17 Sep 27, 2010
Bulldog wrote:
<quoted text>he evidently does not know that the school colors of gct are greene and gold. Blue flags, black shirts, cmon!!
See post above concerning guard flag colors and band shirts.
Bulldog

Paragould, AR

#18 Sep 27, 2010
Belasrius wrote:
<quoted text>
See post above concerning guard flag colors and band shirts.
so he must do only one show and what is the deal with pirates when tech's mascot is eagles

United States

#19 Sep 28, 2010
What is the difference between Mr. Davis "yelling at the top of his lungs" at the kids, versus the football coaches "yelling at the top of their lungs" I saw a football coach pick up one of the younger kids and yell in his face. You parents that think that children should be handled with kid gloves (no pun intended) probably are the ones that have children that have zero respect for their teachers and other adults. I wouldn't be a teacher or football coach or band director for anything. Because they have to deal with kids that don't listen, don't have any respect and parents that gripe about everything and are up at the school complaining about "poor little Johnny"

Level 1

United States

#20 Sep 28, 2010
Bulldog wrote:
<quoted text>so he must do only one show and what is the deal with pirates when tech's mascot is eagles
Iono, they've done James Bond and The theme from The Planets. I don't think you really understand marching band all that much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WANTED! RC cars/trucks New, Used, Broken, Parts... (Mar '10) 1 hr jtgetsomefoo 77
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr luci 3,634
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 1 hr luci 15,829
looking for long haired kitten 1 hr lbj 2
Dog pen 2 hr Ted 2
Santa Claus 2 hr I care 2
Change one letter in the word ! (Nov '09) 2 hr Doug77 10,295
Wreck on 49 in front of Carriage Hills 4 hr guest 107
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) 23 hr need some help 631
Paragould Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Paragould People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paragould News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paragould

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 pm PST

ESPN 4:21PM
Jags don 'I Can't Breathe' shirts for warmups
NBC Sports 4:25 PM
Will St. Louis' defense shut down Eli Manning?
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
Previewing Giants vs. Rams
NBC Sports 6:14 PM
Titans take 7-0 lead over Jaguars - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:24 PM
Punts aplenty, Titans-Jaguars is coal in fans' stockings