Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Apr 24, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
turtle face

United States

#2 Apr 5, 2013
Hey.....if you don't want any particular band director out there, all you have to do is have your daughter send a couple of texts.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Apr 5, 2013
Not to burst any bubbles, but Paragould has had a stronger band program for about 25 years now.
Fo Show

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Apr 5, 2013
Guest wrote:
Not to burst any bubbles, but Paragould has had a stronger band program for about 25 years now.
That's a load of crap. Paragould has ALWAYS had a better band program because the school administration has always supported the band program. Unlike GCT, the only support the GCT band has ever had was from the band boosters.
observer

Paragould, AR

#5 Apr 5, 2013
Fo Show wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a load of crap. Paragould has ALWAYS had a better band program because the school administration has always supported the band program. Unlike GCT, the only support the GCT band has ever had was from the band boosters.
Nobody but band boosters cares about the Paragould Band either. It is just that the band director has done a good job of getting a lot of kids involved which means a lot of parents. But those parents are the only ones who really care about it. The Tech band has been going downhill for years and this year did not help. DD is so jealous of RW he can't stand it. One thing you can bet on and that is the assistant director won't get the job.
Fo Show

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Apr 5, 2013
observer wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody but band boosters cares about the Paragould Band either. It is just that the band director has done a good job of getting a lot of kids involved which means a lot of parents. But those parents are the only ones who really care about it. The Tech band has been going downhill for years and this year did not help. DD is so jealous of RW he can't stand it. One thing you can bet on and that is the assistant director won't get the job.
You won't get any argument from me.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Apr 5, 2013
observer wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody but band boosters cares about the Paragould Band either. It is just that the band director has done a good job of getting a lot of kids involved which means a lot of parents. But those parents are the only ones who really care about it. The Tech band has been going downhill for years and this year did not help. DD is so jealous of RW he can't stand it. One thing you can bet on and that is the assistant director won't get the job.
Well to let you know TR laid all the ground work for RW.
Agreed

Paragould, AR

#8 Apr 5, 2013
Terry Hogard is the missing link keeping the PHS band from being the best in the state... Wish he would have stayed...
Guest

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Apr 6, 2013
Wortham has is head stuck so far up Davis's a** it's nut funny. I would not put it past him to put the girl up to it to get Holt out and Davis back.
Spineless

Paragould, AR

#10 Apr 6, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well to let you know TR laid all the ground work for RW.
Tr was a joke.
GCT Band Student

United States

#11 Apr 6, 2013
Wortham told us students to call the super and board members and tell them we would like him to be our next band director. Fat chance that is going to happen I have talked with several band students and they want Wortham GONE!!! He has let this all go to his head. Now we have lost our Admin. Asst. for the band program because if him and Davis. I just hope that they hire someone who can turn our program around.
Good ones

Paragould, AR

#12 Apr 7, 2013
Lots of great people have applied for the GCT jobs. Some with excellent records and part of band directing family dynasties with connections to incredible resources... I predict GCT will rise again sooner than you think.
guest

Sherwood, AR

#13 Apr 8, 2013
I predict two new band directors for next year
Unknown

United States

#14 Apr 8, 2013
^Yes.
clarinet player

Paragould, AR

#15 Apr 8, 2013
Good ones wrote:
Lots of great people have applied for the GCT jobs. Some with excellent records and part of band directing family dynasties with connections to incredible resources... I predict GCT will rise again sooner than you think.
The band was already going downhill under Danny Davis. It was time for him to retire but he left late in the year so late that it was too late to find anyone. For someone who claims to really care about the kids and the band program why did he dump on the school so late. now the school has time to find a good replacement and they will. It will be hard to find someone as good as the guy across town but the right one can come in and tech will be as good as paragould in a few years. Why not, tech is better everywhere else.
Mr Obvious

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Apr 8, 2013
clarinet player wrote:
<quoted text>The band was already going downhill under Danny Davis. It was time for him to retire but he left late in the year so late that it was too late to find anyone. For someone who claims to really care about the kids and the band program why did he dump on the school so late. now the school has time to find a good replacement and they will. It will be hard to find someone as good as the guy across town but the right one can come in and tech will be as good as paragould in a few years. Why not, tech is better everywhere else.
As long as the administration at GCT treats the band like a read headed step child it will never be as great as the students deserve and are capable of.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Apr 9, 2013
clarinet player wrote:
<quoted text>The band was already going downhill under Danny Davis. It was time for him to retire but he left late in the year so late that it was too late to find anyone. For someone who claims to really care about the kids and the band program why did he dump on the school so late. now the school has time to find a good replacement and they will. It will be hard to find someone as good as the guy across town but the right one can come in and tech will be as good as paragould in a few years. Why not, tech is better everywhere else.
They are definitely beating Paragould in the sex offender category.
Concerned

Paragould, AR

#18 Apr 10, 2013
I just want to throw this out there for all topix post not just this one. How would you feel if someone had said anything negative or down right mean about you or even a family member of yours. I know that you would not like it one bit. So why is it that it is ok for you to do that to others. I think and feel that topix is a waste of time for everyone involved. Also topix is just a way for people that are to scared to say anything to people face to face. If you truly feel this way about someone or something then say it to them. But so many want to hide and tuck their tails. Everyone please grow up and show some respect for others.
Mr Obvious

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Apr 10, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I just want to throw this out there for all topix post not just this one. How would you feel if someone had said anything negative or down right mean about you or even a family member of yours. I know that you would not like it one bit. So why is it that it is ok for you to do that to others. I think and feel that topix is a waste of time for everyone involved. Also topix is just a way for people that are to scared to say anything to people face to face. If you truly feel this way about someone or something then say it to them. But so many want to hide and tuck their tails. Everyone please grow up and show some respect for others.
Obviously you are on the wrong website. You must be looking for Christian Mingle dot com.

Now back to discussing how GCT band students, no matter how talented, constantly get shafted by the administration.
guest

Ash Flat, AR

#20 Apr 10, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I just want to throw this out there for all topix post not just this one. How would you feel if someone had said anything negative or down right mean about you or even a family member of yours. I know that you would not like it one bit. So why is it that it is ok for you to do that to others. I think and feel that topix is a waste of time for everyone involved. Also topix is just a way for people that are to scared to say anything to people face to face. If you truly feel this way about someone or something then say it to them. But so many want to hide and tuck their tails. Everyone please grow up and show some respect for others.
wawawawawawa whats the matter can't handle the truth? and you cant say stuff to peoples face at tech or youll be sorry. shut up or get out. or have family on the school board or administration.then you can be completely worthless and not have to worry about anything
Unknown

United States

#21 Apr 10, 2013
Why do people keep on bringing up holt? He's gone, what done is done. DROP IT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 18 min It Is Done 9,875
Racist Hillbillies 32 min guest 2
Alicia Bippus night manager at walmart 2 hr No One 11
Tom Cotton 4 hr not a liberal idiot 4
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr speller feller 29,660
Paragould Cinema 8 mobie passes 4 sale 4 hr worker 6
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) 5 hr South 588
•••
•••
•••

Paragould Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Paragould People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Paragould News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paragould
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••