Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Nov 17, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lets eat

Paragould, AR

#1 Nov 12, 2012
I'm in charge of cooking this year for the in-laws Thanksgiving dinner. I've already got the turkey, ham, and dressing planned out. I'd like to know what dishes, sides and desserts that everyone looks forward to eating. I want to make a feast!

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 12, 2012
egg nog, dinner rolls and real butter, a green vegetable....2 kinds of pie

Level 6

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 12, 2012
pecan pie with cream cheese filling yummmmmm and of course pumpkin pie gota love it

United States

#4 Nov 12, 2012
I love green bean casserole (paula dean recipe)it's awesome one of my favorite sides this time of year!

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Paragould, AR

#5 Nov 12, 2012
cant forget the deviled eggs
not really me

Paragould, AR

#6 Nov 12, 2012
twice baked or mashed potatoes & gravy...

caramel pecan pie or a pumpkin roll

Paragould, AR

#7 Nov 12, 2012
sweet potato casserole

I hate green bean casserole but my sister thinks I like it. I had rather have just the green beans.

Ambrosia or 5 c salad

I don't waste time on green salads on holidays. I think all the junk cancels it out.
Lets eat

Paragould, AR

#8 Nov 12, 2012
Thanks, everyone, for all the great ideas.

On another note, you wanna know what is really tooting my horn right about now?? I'm sitting here planning this big ass meal, and looking at the ad papers online... Walmart is starting their Black Friday sale at freaking 8PM!

I will spend 3 days before Thanksgiving making desserts and treats, then get up at the ass-crack of dawn that morning to start my turkey and ham, for everyone to show up to dinner, scarf down all this food that I've spent days preparing for, then rush home to nap and go shopping! Meanwhile, I'll have a ton of food to put away and clean up, and be too freakin tired to think about shopping! WTH? Why can't we have that one day to eat and lounge around and spend time with our families?

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Paragould, AR

#9 Nov 12, 2012
okay so they are seriously starting the Black Friday on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day???!!! Well that is ridiculous !!!! I for one will not be there!!!
Lets eat

Paragould, AR

#10 Nov 12, 2012
Yep. Slightly ironic, isn't it? The one day a year that we're supposed to sit around and be thankful for what we have?

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 12, 2012
Yup the bean casserole thing is good, a cold veggie tray and dip! beer and wine as well! o and like 3 gallons of homemade gravy...
quest

Paragould, AR

#12 Nov 12, 2012
Don't forget the cranberry sauce.....very important.

United States

#13 Nov 12, 2012
Plan for leftovers, too. If you can freeze food in those individual plates with dividers it would be great to have later and a treat. Just pop in the microwave and no waste on your costly meal you spent so long preparing.

United States

#14 Nov 12, 2012
If children come they will want mashed potatoes or mac and cheese. They like green beans and corn, also.

Paragould, AR

#15 Nov 12, 2012
It was on the news last week that Wal Mart was opening early. Yes, it is not right. It is all about making that money these days as soon as possible.
Small

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Nov 12, 2012
I have three things to say about this topic. 1) Walmart is open 24/7 so I don't get that. 2) if the date is changing to Thursday should it be Black Thursday? And3) I have no family here so we will take our kids out to eat. I miss the holidays when I was a little kid but family members die and family loose what the true meaning of what family is. But life goes on. I love Christmas Day. It's a lot different than thanksgiving.

Paragould, AR

#17 Nov 13, 2012
Boil your sweet potatoes then peel the skin off them and mash them up then put brown sugar,butter and honey in them and mix.Its always a loved dish at my house

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Lets eat wrote:
Thanks, everyone, for all the great ideas.
On another note, you wanna know what is really tooting my horn right about now?? I'm sitting here planning this big ass meal, and looking at the ad papers online... Walmart is starting their Black Friday sale at freaking 8PM!
I will spend 3 days before Thanksgiving making desserts and treats, then get up at the ass-crack of dawn that morning to start my turkey and ham, for everyone to show up to dinner, scarf down all this food that I've spent days preparing for, then rush home to nap and go shopping! Meanwhile, I'll have a ton of food to put away and clean up, and be too freakin tired to think about shopping! WTH? Why can't we have that one day to eat and lounge around and spend time with our families?
I understand. Next time have everyone pick a chore and insist on it. 1)set the table, 2)clear table, 3)put away left overs and 4 and 5 will tpgether do the dishes. If they don't want to do a chore they need to bring a desert or the rolls and butter.

Paragould, AR

#19 Nov 13, 2012
Small wrote:
I have three things to say about this topic. 1) Walmart is open 24/7 so I don't get that. 2) if the date is changing to Thursday should it be Black Thursday? And3) I have no family here so we will take our kids out to eat. I miss the holidays when I was a little kid but family members die and family loose what the true meaning of what family is. But life goes on. I love Christmas Day. It's a lot different than thanksgiving.
We have no family at all anymore so we spend all our holidays alone. I dread it already.

Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Nov 13, 2012
We need to do a singles turkey dinner event it sounds like?!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rachel West 13 min Rachel West 10
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 17 min Raptor in Michigan 9,883
Racist Hillbillies 18 min guest 19
judge jerry shipman 2 hr Guest 149
gays 2 hr guest 37
Change one letter in the word ! (Nov '09) 3 hr luci 10,006
Blake Johnson 3 hr Extra 3
Who was the girl that died that had couple kids 12 hr whatwrongwiththat 5
•••
•••
•••

Paragould Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000