Sterling Sheriff Seeking Re-Election Arrested

Sep 18, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOLN-TV Lincoln

A southeast Nebraska sheriff running for re-election has been arrested for allegedly assaulting his wife at their home near Sterling.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Apr 28, 2011
Great guy

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

He sure is great. Just ask him. I feel sorry for his wife. But im sure the people of johnson county will still support him and forget about the real victims here. His wife and kids. God bless them.
trailer trash

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

He ain't getting re-elected.
advocate

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

Its too bad that he has chosen to live his life like this. But we shouldn't be surprised. Jim was a drunk and cheat long before he was ever elected sheriff. The final kicker was when he blamed his wife for calling 911. I hope she leaves him.
amber

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

Judged:

Has anyone seen my purse?
Dave

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

trailer trash wrote:
He ain't getting re-elected.
And what are people doing to make sure it doesn't happen? Thats what I thought. Nothing
NOT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

He won't be out until he is convicted.
Dave

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

NOT wrote:
He won't be out until he is convicted.
that will cost us all
County attorney

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

All counties in Nebraska need a crooked sheriff So we can run our office crooked. They can beat there wives as long as there loyal to us.
dick

Litchfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

County attorney wrote:
All counties in Nebraska need a crooked sheriff So we can run our office crooked. They can beat there wives as long as there loyal to us.
Look we all make mistakes. Give the guy a break. Know one is perfect
hnxsu

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

dick wrote:
<quoted text>
How many breaks do we have to give him. He wrecks his vehicle while driving drunk, he beats his wife, theres alot of money missing. Yea lets give the poor guy a break his neck that is.
dick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

hnxsu wrote:
<quoted text>How many breaks do we have to give him. He wrecks his vehicle while driving drunk, he beats his wife, theres alot of money missing. Yea lets give the poor guy a break his neck that is.
How many breaks have you gotten? Are you perfect? Have you ever drank and then drove? I have a hard tine believing your a saint!! I don't even know the guy but I don't think you need to place judgement on someone on here. Go tell him to his face what you think if him!! But you won't because your a coward and worst of all your a coward that has no life. I bet your the kind of person that has no friends and if you do you probably talk shit about them too!
Big Shoes

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

I heard that they are remodeling the Apartment at the Sheriff's Office so that Jimmy can do his time up there. He is looking at 30 days for the Attempted Assault and with the current Sheriff's help, he will get to do it in style. Congical visits, meals catered in, tv, furniture, and so on, just like being at home. The good ole boy system is alive and well. He knew he couldn't win so he helped Scott win. Now it's time for a favor. That's what I've been told by a reliable source.
Sarge

York, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Big Shoes wrote:
I heard that they are remodeling the Apartment at the Sheriff's Office so that Jimmy can do his time up there. He is looking at 30 days for the Attempted Assault and with the current Sheriff's help, he will get to do it in style. Congical visits, meals catered in, tv, furniture, and so on, just like being at home. The good ole boy system is alive and well. He knew he couldn't win so he helped Scott win. Now it's time for a favor. That's what I've been told by a reliable source.
And who is this source......the voices in your imagination?
citizen

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2011

dick wrote:
<quoted text>
When you take an oath to uphold the law, breaking the law is a mistake you cannot afford or be forgiven for.

If I broke the rules at my job, I would get fired. If I lost $30,000 (or whatever the amount was) of my boss' money, I would get fired.

Him not getting re-elected was our way of firing him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Panama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Health Care - Hickman, NE Jul 28 SSgt. Benjamin G ... 1
Married cheaters (Sep '13) Jan '14 a cheater 3
NE Who do you support for Governor in Nebraska in ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 Orville 1,093
at player got hurt (Oct '13) Oct '13 concern 2
Neb. towns clean up tornado debris after Thursd... (Oct '13) Oct '13 midwest tornado-t... 2
The bes t largest f ree online dating website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Naoma Dorosh 1
Geor ge Zimme rman back on trial (Sep '13) Sep '13 Olen Vandalsen 1

Search the Panama Forum:
•••
•••
Panama Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Panama Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000