First Prev
of 2
Next Last
To bi residents

Oak Lawn, IL

#1 Mar 27, 2012
I saw they built that new Aldi on Western and there's a Centrella near 127th, but I was just curious where most residents do their shopping. Do you choose between those two stores, or go to Jewel or Save A Lot on Pulaski? Thanks.
once and for all

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 27, 2012
I mostly go to El Ranchito and Aldi's.
Long Time BI resident

Alsip, IL

#3 Mar 28, 2012
Aldi for staples and frozen foods. La Unica for Fresh meat. (has ALOT less fat than El Ranchito's meats.) Walmart or Dominicks for Produce. The only time I hit up Jewel is if there is a good sale and if I have coupons that will make the deals better than what I can get at Aldi. For those of you against Aldi..... many of their items are the SAME as name brand products, just under Aldi's label.

Since: Feb 11

Oak Forest, IL

#4 Mar 28, 2012
Don't do any shopping in BI
Still in BI

Dallas, TX

#5 Mar 29, 2012
Aldi in B.I. and Food 4 Less in Crestwood.
B I Resident

Orland Park, IL

#6 Mar 30, 2012
I would like to shop at Aldi since it's so close. But it takes to long with those Sec 8 apartment dwellers trying to swipe their Link Cards !
bob

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 2, 2012
EL RANCHITO great prices and quality
foodie

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 3, 2012
aldis costco sams club imeldas and el gallo joes meat market-and meat market in palos on 127 ridgeland The best potato salad and deli meat market and ready to eat take out food hot and cold top quality hands down well worth the drive.they also have a large fish fry and shrimp fry everyday
Marco

Orland Park, IL

#9 Apr 7, 2012
El Ranchito all day everyday BEST MEAT IN TOWN....
Art

Chicago, IL

#10 Apr 14, 2012
I am not in a position to come to Blue Island every week to help my parents shop for groceries. I enrolled them in PEAPOD. I make sure the delivery man every week receives a nice cash tip, and he watches out for them. It has been very rewarding for all. We recommend PEAPOD.
once and for all

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 14, 2012
Art wrote:
I am not in a position to come to Blue Island every week to help my parents shop for groceries. I enrolled them in PEAPOD. I make sure the delivery man every week receives a nice cash tip, and he watches out for them. It has been very rewarding for all. We recommend PEAPOD.
PEAPOD does not deliver to Blue Island.
http://www.peapod.com/consumerIndex.jhtml;jse...
Typical

Tinley Park, IL

#12 Apr 14, 2012
MOO and OINK !!!
I goes there for mine wings and rib tips.
Art

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 14, 2012
once and for all wrote:
<quoted text>
PEAPOD does not deliver to Blue Island.
http://www.peapod.com/consumerIndex.jhtml;jse...
Yes they receive from PEAPOD, every week. I will not reveal the
courier profile. They have been very happy with the quality and the
convenience.
Smart Shopper

New Lenox, IL

#14 Apr 15, 2012
Any store that is not full of monkey shines. So that wouldn't be in BI.
Planet Peloquin

Girard, OH

#15 Apr 26, 2012
How long before Ranchito gets fixed. It is another eyesore.
Which store to use

Orland Park, IL

#16 Apr 26, 2012
First it depends on what i need to buy.
If I need beer or cigs I go to Unica on Mozart they will ring up Grocery items instead of beer and cigs so I can use my link card.
The corner store on maple is good for single cigs 50cents each.If I need weed I go to the store at Chatham & Desplanes there is always someone standing there to get me what I need. If I need food I use cash any where else, cause link covers all my other needs and section 8 sure does help too.
shopper

Orland Park, IL

#17 May 10, 2012
Which store to use wrote:
First it depends on what i need to buy.
If I need beer or cigs I go to Unica on Mozart they will ring up Grocery items instead of beer and cigs so I can use my link card.
The corner store on maple is good for single cigs 50cents each.If I need weed I go to the store at Chatham & Desplanes there is always someone standing there to get me what I need. If I need food I use cash any where else, cause link covers all my other needs and section 8 sure does help too.
what a jerk.
wanderer

Orland Park, IL

#18 May 15, 2012
not many places to buy anything in town.
bobby

Orland Park, IL

#19 May 19, 2012
El ranchito
liliana

Chicago, IL

#20 May 21, 2012
Don't shop at el ranchito they steal from your credit card plus there food is expensive

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,897
Justice for Carlos Salgado (Jun '11) 2 hr Signed Sealed Del... 48
Alsip trustees voted tonight to join JAWA (Jul '12) 2 hr darric 80
Ruined Topix 2 hr Jean 2
Parks in midlo (May '09) 4 hr ques 44
Hawley's meltdown. 6 hr Keyzer Soze 2
Homewood is going DOWNHILL (Oct '10) 8 hr RexHymens 6
•••
•••
•••

Palos Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palos Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palos Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palos Heights
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••