JCMS cheerleading

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
elementaryparent

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 16, 2011
 
My daughter wants to cheer for the JOhnson County Middle School. Everytime I call them they say Mr. Adams doesn't know anything about it. My child will be there next year and wants to cheer. What's going on there Mr. Adams? Why haven't they been tryouts.
Duh

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 16, 2011
 
Because there isn't a cheerleading sponsor...
Parent

Hagerhill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 17, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

To the elementary parent; Be very glad that the middle school is getting a new cheerleading coach. Ms. Neva Bentley has been a horrible cheerleading coach. I cant believe that she has been allowed to treat children the way she has for so long. Ask any child or parent that has cheered for her. She is a bully and treats children with no respect. I feel sorry for any child that has been on her team. She beats them down and never has a nice word to say to them. The middle school will get a great replacement... Just be glad that they got rid of her.. Your daughter would have been miserable.....
parent too

East Point, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 17, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

I disagree with Parent. Ms. Bentley is a wonderful coach and a wonderful person. She is a tough coach, but it shows with all the state and national recognition the girls have had. She demands thier best because she gives her best. Do you have any idea how much time and effort she has put in that cheerleading program? It broke her heart to give it up. I feel sorry for the new cheerleading squad, if they ever get a sponsor. No one will ever have the success that the girls did with Ms. Bentley. Bentley, don't you worry about what Parent said. You are wonderful and we all love you.
Knows

Crittenden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Ms. Bentley had a child fall from the middle of a pyramid, hit her head on the gym floor, and still made the child practice, eventhough the child stated that she didn't feel well. After the practice, the parents took the child to the ER and she had a concussion. This could have been deadly to the child, but Ms. Bentley had no concern over this child's life. She was only concerned with winning a competition. If something had happened to the child, the school would have been sued, along with Ms. Bentley, and she'd be in serious trouble.

If I were you, I'd say KUDOS to Ms. Bentley, and tell her not to let the door hit her in that fat ass on the way out!

She should not have been allowed to treat children the way she has for so long anyway! They're 12-13 year old girls, not Junior/Senior high-school varsity cheerleaders. Winning a cheerleading competition isn't worth more than a child's well-being.
wonder

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 17, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Ms. Bentley is a wonderful Cheer Coach. I hate that she gave up the cheer squad. They will never be as good as a coach and someone care for those girls like Ms. Bentley. Thank you Ms. Bentley for your years of service to our girls.
Former cheer parent

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 17, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Mrs.Bentley is the best enough said!!!!
lol

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 17, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

1

from what I hear she was a complete biatch, she was force to quit or fired one for the way she treated the girls. My opinion this was the best thing to happen, these poor kids were never allowed to even cheer at any of the games. They would practice for competitions instead of cheering at games! Crazy woman, I'm sure she had a few that liked her but most did not.
Former Parent

Hagerhill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 18, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

AMEN!!! Dont let the door hit you in ass.
KARMA

Hagerhill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 18, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

What comes around goes around.. She will get paid back for how she has treated all the innocent children that has crossed her path.
I LOVE BENTLEY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 18, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

parents you all need to shut up. you have no idea what your talking about. if you were one of the girls, than i could see you all being on here dogging her. ms. bentley did nothing to the girls, she is one of the greatest people i know and if you all have something to say, go get a life and say it to her face. im sure none of you all have enough guts to do that. and the child with the "concussion" didnt hit her head on the gym floor, it was on a mat. Get your story stright or shut your mouth. also, i am a former cheerleader of ms. bentley, and she sure as heck is a lot better than any coach i have ever had. and for all of you who have heard things about her, you obviously havent heard it from the right person because bentley has never said anything to the girls to bring them down. everything she says, its for their own good. i know that i sucked when i went over there and if it wasnt for her i wouldve never been the cheerleader i was. so go shut your mouths and leave ms. bentleys name out of your mouth because you dont know her. thanks!:)
lol

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I LOVE BENTLEY wrote:
parents you all need to shut up. you have no idea what your talking about. if you were one of the girls, than i could see you all being on here dogging her. ms. bentley did nothing to the girls, she is one of the greatest people i know and if you all have something to say, go get a life and say it to her face. im sure none of you all have enough guts to do that. and the child with the "concussion" didnt hit her head on the gym floor, it was on a mat. Get your story stright or shut your mouth. also, i am a former cheerleader of ms. bentley, and she sure as heck is a lot better than any coach i have ever had. and for all of you who have heard things about her, you obviously havent heard it from the right person because bentley has never said anything to the girls to bring them down. everything she says, its for their own good. i know that i sucked when i went over there and if it wasnt for her i wouldve never been the cheerleader i was. so go shut your mouths and leave ms. bentleys name out of your mouth because you dont know her. thanks!:)
Poor kid has been brainwashed by the lovely Ms. Bentley, lol

So is it not true? was she forced to quit or fired?
Knows

Sadieville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 18, 2011
 
I LOVE BENTLEY wrote:
parents you all need to shut up. you have no idea what your talking about. if you were one of the girls, than i could see you all being on here dogging her. ms. bentley did nothing to the girls, she is one of the greatest people i know and if you all have something to say, go get a life and say it to her face. im sure none of you all have enough guts to do that. and the child with the "concussion" didnt hit her head on the gym floor, it was on a mat. Get your story stright or shut your mouth. also, i am a former cheerleader of ms. bentley, and she sure as heck is a lot better than any coach i have ever had. and for all of you who have heard things about her, you obviously havent heard it from the right person because bentley has never said anything to the girls to bring them down. everything she says, its for their own good. i know that i sucked when i went over there and if it wasnt for her i wouldve never been the cheerleader i was. so go shut your mouths and leave ms. bentleys name out of your mouth because you dont know her. thanks!:)
Wow, you're an idiot. Whether she hit her head on the mat that was on the floor, or the gym floor, the fact remains that she made the child practice without any regard to her health. Those mats may help a little, but they do not prevent head injuries; they're not very thick anyway. Were you there? Probably not. When a child falls and doesn't feel well, they should in the very least, be checked by a medic, and be allowed to sit the rest of the practice out. If necessary, they should be taken to the ER.

Maybe you should have worried more about developing your peanut brain, and less about frivolous activities, such as cheering. No one cares that you were a cheerleader, except you. It should be for fun and entertainment, not all about a competition. It sounds like Ms. Bentley was trying to live vicariously through young girls.
Portercheerparen t

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

My child won't be cheering. Just heard Christy from Highland Elementary was gonna be the Middle School Cheer Coach.. Wow great roll model. Porter Elementary beat her cheerleaders in Elementary. I believe I'll just send my child to Paintsville.
parent too

East Point, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 18, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Ms. Bentley was not fired nor was she forced to resign. This was her decision and it was based on factors above and outside of JCMS. Everyone begged her to stay but she has integrity and morals. She never did anything negative toward any child. She is the one person that the girls know they can go to with any problem, even now and her not their coach, she is still a wonderful role model and confidant for the students.
lol

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 19, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

parent too wrote:
Ms. Bentley was not fired nor was she forced to resign. This was her decision and it was based on factors above and outside of JCMS. Everyone begged her to stay but she has integrity and morals. She never did anything negative toward any child. She is the one person that the girls know they can go to with any problem, even now and her not their coach, she is still a wonderful role model and confidant for the students.
this must be the teacher, cause from everyone of the parents I have talked too, the kids were afraid of her and couldn't stand her.Out with the old in with the new!
Cheer Parent

Oil Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 21, 2011
 
Portercheerparent wrote:
My child won't be cheering. Just heard Christy from Highland Elementary was gonna be the Middle School Cheer Coach.. Wow great roll model. Porter Elementary beat her cheerleaders in Elementary. I believe I'll just send my child to Paintsville.
It easy to bet a squad when the judge's are paid off!!!! In both county torment and the JCHS comp. The Hall boys girlfriend was saw several time in the hallway speaking to the judges at the county basketball tourney and as far as them beating Highlands at the JCHS comp when there is a 30 point difference between judges scores that seems to speak for it's self don't you think so?????? I DO
in the know

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 21, 2011
 
Cheer Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
It easy to bet a squad when the judge's are paid off!!!! In both county torment and the JCHS comp. The Hall boys girlfriend was saw several time in the hallway speaking to the judges at the county basketball tourney and as far as them beating Highlands at the JCHS comp when there is a 30 point difference between judges scores that seems to speak for it's self don't you think so?????? I DO
There wasn't a 30 point difference. You shouldn't repeat everything you are told, because most if it isn't true. What sore losers you are.
Little Richard

Oil Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 21, 2011
 
Portercheerparent wrote:
My child won't be cheering. Just heard Christy from Highland Elementary was gonna be the Middle School Cheer Coach.. Wow great roll model. Porter Elementary beat her cheerleaders in Elementary. I believe I'll just send my child to Paintsville.
I believe Porter had some help
Little Richard

Oil Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 21, 2011
 
in the know wrote:
<quoted text>
There wasn't a 30 point difference. You shouldn't repeat everything you are told, because most if it isn't true. What sore losers you are.
There was a 14.5 point difference, I did see the judges scorecards, and Porter still only won by 3 points.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Paintsville Forum right now

Search the Paintsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min Khatru 128,498
Melissa Ward 9weeks preganat bye brian and Robb... (Dec '11) 44 min MELISSA 26
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 45 min DemocRATS 145,975
shaina kestner goes to jail... 1 hr why 24
rats 1 hr why 12
Where is Becky bangudi??? 1 hr Ashley 8
Last post wins (Nov '10) 1 hr Dickens1 20,495
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 2 hr Dickens1 11,707
•••
•••
•••
•••

Paintsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Paintsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Paintsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paintsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••