Need a place to rent that does NOT cater to low income

Posted in the Paintsville Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Transplant

Salyersville, KY

#1 Apr 6, 2011
I recently relocated to E Ky area and so far my experience in finding a rental involves me being told the apartments are based upon income. Where are rentals for people who need a place to rent, who work and earn a decent wage and who plans to buy once they are settled?

What is wrong with this picture?
FYI

Logan, WV

#2 Apr 6, 2011
Contact Mr. P.D. Pelphrey He has homes to rent, and some town homes also. Further if you can ask he may be able to refer you to the other people who have nice places.
Transplant

Salyersville, KY

#3 Apr 6, 2011
FYI wrote:
Contact Mr. P.D. Pelphrey He has homes to rent, and some town homes also. Further if you can ask he may be able to refer you to the other people who have nice places.
Thank you.
Good Luck

Auxier, KY

#4 Apr 6, 2011
They probably looked at you like you had three eyes when you said you were actually wanting to PAY for an apartment instead of mooch off the government. I get the same look when I pay cash at Save a Lot for groceries. They are so used to handling those red, white, and blue too lazy to work foodstamp cards.

Good luck finding a home to rent here that isn't income based. The Pelphrey man will be your best bet. It's Pelphrey Rentals in the Paintsville section of the phone book.
Pissed

Salyersville, KY

#5 Apr 6, 2011
Good Luck wrote:
They probably looked at you like you had three eyes when you said you were actually wanting to PAY for an apartment instead of mooch off the government. I get the same look when I pay cash at Save a Lot for groceries. They are so used to handling those red, white, and blue too lazy to work foodstamp cards.
Good luck finding a home to rent here that isn't income based. The Pelphrey man will be your best bet. It's Pelphrey Rentals in the Paintsville section of the phone book.
You know that there are people that work everyday that do not make enough money to support their families and need assistance to make ends meet. Save-A-Lot is pretty much a no frills grocery store that caters to these types of individuals to help them save money, and if you are worried about the looks you get then stop being a penny pinching bastard and shop at Food City or Wal-
art Prick!
Jealous

Salyersville, KY

#6 Apr 7, 2011
Good Luck wrote:
Sounds to me like you tried to get the card yourself but maybe made a little too much money and you are jealous. I bet you would gladly take an unemployment check or have taken a stimulus in the past do you realize thats from the Govt as well. You are no better than anyone else. Actually... I would much rather live next door to a card holder than someone like you.
Anon

Portland, OR

#7 Apr 7, 2011
How legit can this rental place be if they don't even have a website?
FYI

Logan, WV

#8 Apr 8, 2011
They are very legit. There are several rental companies here in East Kentucky. I do not know of any of them that have Web Sites. Though it would be nice for them to exist for those who are moving here to look at maybe the cost of maintaining one and keeping it updated is more than they are willing to spend. I would not judge a places reputation based on the lack of a Web Site.

I just know Pelphrey Rentals has some very nice locations and they maintain their properties.
Good Luck

Van Lear, KY

#9 Apr 8, 2011
Jealous wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds to me like you tried to get the card yourself but maybe made a little too much money and you are jealous. I bet you would gladly take an unemployment check or have taken a stimulus in the past do you realize thats from the Govt as well. You are no better than anyone else. Actually... I would much rather live next door to a card holder than someone like you.
This was a very eye opening post. Thank you. I always hoped that people who abused the government were ashamed of themselves. You confirmed that is not the case. Wielding a foodstamp card should not be thought of as a sign of achievement. In fact, it is a sign that you are a sorry piece of $hit that has a history of making poor decisions. bad luck is not the reason that people are low income. Poor decision making is the reason.

FYI. You are totally wrong in your assumption that I have taken goverment handouts, for I have not.
Good Luck

Van Lear, KY

#10 Apr 8, 2011
Jealous wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds to me like you tried to get the card yourself but maybe made a little too much money and you are jealous. I bet you would gladly take an unemployment check or have taken a stimulus in the past do you realize thats from the Govt as well. You are no better than anyone else. Actually... I would much rather live next door to a card holder than someone like you.
Also, I would NEVER want to have a foodstamper living next to me. If they are too sorry to feed themselves, then they are probably too sorry to maintain their house and yard. Having lazy neighbors really wrecks home values. Also, they are probably bored at home all day while I am at work. You never know if they'll break into your house or not.

See....poor decisions make for poor lives.
Jealous

Salyersville, KY

#11 Apr 8, 2011
Good Luck wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a very eye opening post. Thank you. I always hoped that people who abused the government were ashamed of themselves. You confirmed that is not the case. Wielding a foodstamp card should not be thought of as a sign of achievement. In fact, it is a sign that you are a sorry piece of $hit that has a history of making poor decisions. bad luck is not the reason that people are low income. Poor decision making is the reason.
FYI. You are totally wrong in your assumption that I have taken goverment handouts, for I have not.
So I am to believe that you turned down your stimulus check? I am to believe that you have never used any type of financial aid, or tax break? I am not currently on a food card, but it was there when I needed it. That didn't make me any lesser of a human being than you are. You are living in a fantasy world if you think that anyone is proud to be on Govt Assistance. Its people like you that take all the help you can get and pretend your not getting anything from the Govt!! you are no better than anyone else and I would much rather live next to a trashy neighbor than one who has their head up their but!!! Go on and enjoy your fantasy.. Have a good day.
Jealous

Salyersville, KY

#12 Apr 8, 2011
Good Luck wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I would NEVER want to have a foodstamper living next to me. If they are too sorry to feed themselves, then they are probably too sorry to maintain their house and yard. Having lazy neighbors really wrecks home values. Also, they are probably bored at home all day while I am at work. You never know if they'll break into your house or not.
See....poor decisions make for poor lives.
posted 4 hours ago.. Guess your not at work today!! or perhaps you are stealing (time) from your company while being on the computer..ROFL
Good Luck

Van Lear, KY

#13 Apr 8, 2011
Actually, I am on spring break, you moron. You couldn't be correct if someone told you the right answer.
Jealous

Salyersville, KY

#14 Apr 8, 2011
Good Luck wrote:
Actually, I am on spring break, you moron. You couldn't be correct if someone told you the right answer.
You should be ashamed of yourself, to think you are an adult obviously in education and this is how you look upon people in this county.
Jealous

Salyersville, KY

#15 Apr 8, 2011
Or.. you are stealing from your company and you are just too embarrassed to accept the facts. Furthermore if you have a degree I am sure financial aid got you there. I wonder how trashy your home is since you use Govt funds same as others.
JustMe

Stamping Ground, KY

#16 Apr 8, 2011
Jealous wrote:
Or.. you are stealing from your company and you are just too embarrassed to accept the facts. Furthermore if you have a degree I am sure financial aid got you there. I wonder how trashy your home is since you use Govt funds same as others.
Everyone who has a degree did not get it with financial aid. I have a degree and I did not get one ounce of financial aid from the government, thank you very much. Your relationships are obviously very limited, being that you don't know anyone who didn't get a free ride from Uncle Sam and the taxpayers.
Good Luck

Van Lear, KY

#17 Apr 8, 2011
JustMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who has a degree did not get it with financial aid. I have a degree and I did not get one ounce of financial aid from the government, thank you very much. Your relationships are obviously very limited, being that you don't know anyone who didn't get a free ride from Uncle Sam and the taxpayers.
Finally someone with sense made a comment here. I'm with you on this one. I am paying back student loans instead of mooching off of the government.

This "Jealous" idiot obviously is a piece of the generational welfare puzzle whose entire family probably loads down the car at the first of the month to spend all of their SSI and foodstamp money.
Jealous

Salyersville, KY

#18 Apr 8, 2011
JustMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Yippe for you!!! Not everyones mommy and daddy have money!!
Jealous

Salyersville, KY

#19 Apr 8, 2011
Good Luck wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally someone with sense made a comment here. I'm with you on this one. I am paying back student loans instead of mooching off of the government.
This "Jealous" idiot obviously is a piece of the generational welfare puzzle whose entire family probably loads down the car at the first of the month to spend all of their SSI and foodstamp money.
Are you actually getting upset? I hope and pray you are still getting an education.. Not only do we have an epidemic of drug abusers in this County we also have uneducated so called professionals in the school system with cultural profiling.
Number47

Staffordsville, KY

#20 Apr 9, 2011
Good Luck wrote:
<quoted text>
In all actuality you got a government loan to be paid back over years after you got out of school, while in school defered payments over the entire stay at school acrewing no interest while in school. As in my case student loans were almost non-existent and I worked to put myself thru school so do not act like you did not mooch off the government, you did for however many years you were in school! How long is it going to take you to pay that money back, I will bet it is not 4 years like a bank loan!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min TDM 7,281
Strega 12 min polly 4
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min DITCH MITCH 155,478
Ponderosa? 49 min so yea 4
Dear First of the Monthers 56 min Productive Citizen 1
Last post wins (Nov '10) 1 hr Natalie 20,777
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 1 hr Natalie 12,087
Paintsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Paintsville Jobs

Paintsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paintsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paintsville