Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,920

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#82297 Jul 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sandusky is a Republican"
I guess that's like saying "Obama is a Christian"!
Who's the judge of his claim to Christianity?

"Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings -- that we're sinful and we're flawed and we make mistakes and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God. But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace. And so that's what I strive to do. That's what I pray to do every day. I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith," the president said.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/09/28/...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82298 Jul 8, 2012
Is this On Life Support wrote:
O_O By the Nine it's still here
Im slightly Impressed on how long this Thing As been going
Away with you!
You smell lika a wet Khjiit!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82299 Jul 8, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, like arrakis, god created this forum to train the faithful. We atheist are the teachers by default(the faithful never read the bible) we are harsh like. "Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work."
I think he delivered that line with some hesitation... Not one of his best lines!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#82300 Jul 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Something is going to fill the void you created...
Hope you like your new neighbors...
Their real cut-ups!
Calm down... don't loose yer heads!
LOL
If you have faith then pray me a miracle tomorrow. If a God exist then he already knows what I want.

James 5:16
The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#82301 Jul 8, 2012
Be happy to pray for you. Although you might not trust me to pray for the thing you want only what you might need. Just jokin before, but on a serious line, we may not think the same , but we value things the same. Hope miracles your way... May you heart fall on warm things, as you rest.. Nite...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82302 Jul 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is laughing at a God, Why laugh at non existence beings... We laugh at dumb a$$s because they say such idiotic stuff like you just did....
I thought you might like this...
http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82303 Jul 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
While not all religious folks are bat shyte crazy, It is a world that seems to draw a very high percentage of them... Did you hear about the woman in Florida that ate her babies toes because God told her too.. Not to mention that whole group that Jimmy Jones got to sign over all their worldly goods, Move to the jungle and kill them selves and poison their kids...
Just like the crusades, and all that other garbage... Not Christian!
Those are the things that happen when yer Not following Christ!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82304 Jul 9, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Minors cannot give consent...
Prove she was a minor!
She was old enough to be married!
Buy a Clue!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82305 Jul 9, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we can agree on something after all, that is bull-shxt.
You should have been there for the carpet removal...
I stank fer two days!
You'd figure that the expence of a new floor would
make ya keep yer dog outside...
Sad!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82306 Jul 9, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang. Sorry about that, dude. Gotta love your pets, but sometimes they can be a real pain.
Not my house!
A customers...
I keep dogs outside!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82307 Jul 9, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that God does not listen to sinners. John 9:31
Are you a sinner? If you are a sinner why pray?
Because...
When you Repent of yer sins, God Is Faithful to save you!
It's a Heart thing!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82308 Jul 9, 2012
You all have a Blessed day!
Gotta get ready for work...
BTW... I hear they found the guy that
forged Ossama's Birth certificate....
I wonder if it's true?
LOL
Wloclawek Warrior

Petersburg, VA

#82309 Jul 9, 2012
who="MirrorMan"]< quoted text>
Being "book smart" is a double handicap when the library only has one on it's shelf.
Common sense: Aye, theres the rub.
Unless you do what the church tells you is right, you are doomed to Hell fire, but who tells the church it is right? Why the church, of course. "I never lie. Ask me and I'll prove it." Catch 22.
The Torah was edited, corrected and compiled over time from writings that originated from civilizations such as the canaanites (who had it a little wrong, it seems). Much later, Jesus caused a schism from the temple, saying that the Pharisees and Sadducees had it wrong (the Essenes thought so, too). The books of the New Testament were gathered in the second/third century and by the third council of Carthage, they had weeded out the parts of the gospels that were wrong. Factions such as the gnostics were eliminated, because they had it wrong.(A couple hundred years later, Mohammed said everybody had it wrong, but that's a different story.) After a lot more wrongs, the reformation came in the 16th century that said that the clergy had it wrong. Then burning old women became wrong and owning slaves became wrong and.... Now there are a hundred sects of protestants, each saying it knows the TRUTH and the others have it just a wee bit wrong...
Now, just what does your common sense tell you?
Any kindergartener knows that old spiel. Of course it was written over the years and long before any form of writing had been instituted, such a revelation, Mr Atheist. Your level of the comprehension of the unseen is truly astounding. Your basic history tells me you went and passed grammar school, and know some basic wrongs, very savvy. So the Morals and Dogma of organized religion has given you a marginal passing grade, very impressive.
The last thing we were speaking of was what my common sense tells me was not the issue, what is Germain is that you said you never lie? Is this really the truth. Why have you not heralded in a new form of atheism with such functionality.
You certainly must answer to a higher power than just you yourself, After all, perfection takes a bit more than a brief reflection at history to make an attempt to astound one. wouldn't you think.
As an atheist, when trial and tribulation come your way, just how do you react, neutrally? without emotion? or with a vengeful recourse to meet the standard of the onslaught? Since atheism reflects neither a sense of good nor evil. the prudent claim is that you could act with impunity. Is this not true? Are there no laws that govern these reactions and responses? It would never occur to you to turn the other cheek. Since you do not lie, is this that you have never lied? Just what kind of post do you hold in the material world? Frankly, I am very astounded to have met such protoplasmic perfection. Which, since emotion and thought fall in the realm of what you propound to profess, obviously you have no Karma, Is this indeed a fact? or fantasy?
What you have previously mentioned is elementary. nothing new under the sun here. The convention at Nice and the Essene community, of which your mentioned Jesus was a High Priest, is old news. And here, as we speak of religion in schools, seemingly, unless you can bring in the atheistic M.M.O. doctrine, of which her own son so strongly spoke against. I also entertain the fact that such quatch should be kept in the confines of the home and your basic history in the elementary classroom and your MMO in the graveyard. You never lied is absurd,
Wloclawek Warrior

Petersburg, VA

#82311 Jul 9, 2012
Terry,
You bring up an interesting point. It appears to me that the LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST died on the cross, as the bible and history accurately relate the on goings of the time, for the souls of all who call upon him and to keep his commandments. Of course everyone of us fall into imperfection, therefore we enter our prayer closet, free from the morals and dogma of organized religion, and, including atheism, whereupon you speak to your Savior as you would any person and pour our what it is that burdens you. In this respect, you and your Savior work out the problem and then a solution will manifest itself.
Apart from what our atheist scribe mentioned so obtusely, Our Holy Writ has specific rules to follow in the advance of spiritual growth. Take to your Prayer Closet and let Mr Atheist take to his, because the day is soon coming when the chaff will be separated from the wheat. Sine the aforementioned never lies, the LORD blessed the fact that ignorance of the truth cannot be held accountable, but once the truth is revealed, you are held accountable for its' obedience.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#82312 Jul 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>She gave consent...
Prove it.
The 9 Devine Believer

Summerfield, FL

#82314 Jul 9, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
They laugh at God now, but will they laugh on judgment day.
I do Cause i know my god Talos is one of the 9 True Gods.
The 9 Devine Believer

Lady Lake, FL

#82315 Jul 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Away with you!
You smell lika a wet Khjiit!
LOL
Now thats stereotyping I have you know i Smell Really Good when Wet
juggalo

Mount Holly, NC

#82316 Jul 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Prove she was a minor!
She was old enough to be married!
Buy a Clue!
Do you have to be 18 to be married ? And what age was considered "adult" 2000 years ago ...
The 9 Devine Believer

Lady Lake, FL

#82317 Jul 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That is so convoluted... you gave me a headache...
(1) IF God is real (I know He is)... could He Not spread out the universe as He said He did?
(2) Could He NOT create Life with a word... as He said He did?
(3) Could He NOT hold a cardboard box with all the life on the Ark together for the trip?
You guys say... this or that could never be... because YOU'VE never seen it!
You limit God's abilities due to your own limits, and in fact...
Your limits are higher that you've been taught!
God is God,
He is real... get to know Him!
You'll be glad you did!
Why would i be glad to get to know someone who Will give the same punishment to People who Wear Clothes of two different fabrics (Leviticus 19:19 reads, "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.") and give the same Punishment to Those who kill (its appart of them Commandment)

I'd rather Follow Sheogorath Cause he atleast is a more jolly person (and Has great Cheese partys)
a reader

Glasgow, KY

#82318 Jul 9, 2012
This thread should be shut down, because of too many false teachings. Some people who come in here might not understand the Bible. They would not need to read some of the comments written on here. Wouldn't it be sad to lead someone astray, and them not make it to Heaven. Something for everyone to think about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paintsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morticia Adams in JCHS Choir? 37 min Kevyn Aucoin 9
social services(CPS) (Apr '11) 1 hr CPS Are Crooks 17
A daddy rapist 3 hr watching this one 1
Greg Swartz is a child rapist 3 hr hes a long time c... 63
Rhonda Reed Curtis (Nov '12) 5 hr just sayin 7
Day Reads and Comments the OT - Wisdom Books (Jul '13) 5 hr Day 887
Hammond Five is alive (Oct '11) 5 hr Misty Fitch 12,705
Paintsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web