What ever happened to Villa Locale ?

Posted in the Pahrump Forum

Geregos

Pahrump, NV

#1 May 10, 2012
That place that was supposedly "Seed to table" dining? It looks as if its gone. Somehow "I told you so" just seems to apropos right about now. You charge HOW MUCH for lunch? Everything is Ala Carte? Ill be at the Nugget, thanks..

They keep putting these high priced places in town when they KNOW its going to fail, no idea why.

I see yet another Japanese place is opening in the old Quiznos lot. All I know is they better do a price survey before opening up in this town. If its expensive it will last for about 2 months and close. Just like that sandwich place in the Nugget, dead as a doornail when you charge 12 bucks for a small sandwich.
Gourmand

Las Vegas, NV

#2 May 11, 2012
The restaurant was fantastic and didn't close because of any price issues
Mandy

Pahrump, NV

#3 May 11, 2012
It closed because it was too expensive and no one went there.

I saw the prices when they opened, I figured it might be nice as a lunch place with my husband and after seeing the prices, I ran in terror
BlackStarRanch

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 11, 2012
Face it - it's impossible to compete with "2 for 1" buffets in this town when those buffets also include beverages and assorted all-you-can-eat desserts. I can't prepare it for less at home......and then I'd still have to do the dishes!
GreenBlue

Pahrump, NV

#5 May 11, 2012
I ate here once for dinner, food was ok, portions were microscopic, prices were high, but service was good. I never went back.

Would be interesting to hear why they really closed.
Livin la Villa Locale

Pahrump, NV

#6 May 19, 2012
They're into seed to table, Organic bamboo shoots. They like to dig in gardens, got to have it all grassroots.

High prices kill your wallet, And the cost is out of sight. The service, mediocre, and its filled with yuppie blight.

They'll make you pay a fortune for a simple pasta plate, The nugget's food is just as good but its half the going rate.

It will make you quite irate! Come on!

Its high priced yuppie food, eating at Villa Locale

The servers were quite rude, eating at Villa Locale

Its hot and cramped and small and the portion sizes a joke-a

It will stress you out eating at Villa Locale Come On!

Eating at Villa Locale, Come on!
We're eating at Villa Locale.

High priced like New York City and a funky cheap old smell. They took my order and all my money.
All that raw food it made me ill.

Wont let your order dinner, everything was ala carte. Once you had your dinner there, stay away if you are smart!

Stay away if you are smart!

They'll make you pay a fortune for a simple pasta plate, The nugget's food is just as good but its half the going rate.

It will make you quite irate! Come on!

Donner Party of Eight

Pahrump, NV

#7 May 25, 2012
Yes, it closed due to lack of business. Not a shocker with their high prices.

Seed to table = bend over and hand me your wallet.

Pahrump despises yuppie posers.
Need good food in pahrump

United States

#8 Jul 12, 2012
There was no business because it's rare to find quality decent food in pahrump. The prices weren't the problem - if they put out quality food. The problem was that people in this town don' t want to pay for good, fresh food. How do stay open when there's no business?
William Wallace

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jul 12, 2012
That for which our food stamps and disability cannot pay won't be paid. We are proud and independent except when it comes to our government handouts. Go Ron Paul! Wait isn't he on Social Security?
Family Unfriendly

Pahrump, NV

#10 Jul 12, 2012
Need good food in pahrump wrote:
There was no business because it's rare to find quality decent food in pahrump. The prices weren't the problem - if they put out quality food. The problem was that people in this town don' t want to pay for good, fresh food. How do stay open when there's no business?
Soooo.... the prices were not the problem, but but but.. people didnt want to pay the high prices for the food that is considered "good quality"

Well let me think about that for a second, ok done, sounds to me like it was too high priced. AKA Prices were a problem.

Look, I don't mine paying a few bucks extra for good food, but lunch for 2 should not cost 64 dollars. We are NOT CALIFORNIA, we dont pay those prices for eating out. Welcome to Nevada yuppies, put away the Prius, the half caff triple lutz lattes, the Starbucks, and prepare to live a different lifestyle.
Alan

Tustin, CA

#11 Jul 13, 2012
I ate at one mexican restaurant in town, it tasted like they made the tacos with dog meat. Never again will I waste time or money on a place that can't even come close to preparing food correctly.
Pood

Pahrump, NV

#12 Jul 13, 2012
Alan, that would be Romero's, The worst mexican I have ever had. Cold, dog food tasting as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pahrump Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nye County Dems Lay It Out For You.. wake up 14 hr Genuwine 2
Fat women in town 18 hr Utopia 4
Sharon Wehrly v. Rick Marshall for Sheriff, who... Mon LetTheMusic 33
Are voters properly vetting candidates for office? Mon Decided 9
Join us at Walmart Tomorow for the climate chan... Mon Tilting A Windmill 5
Hanson Interviews Wehrly Mon Genuwine 4
Marxhall and his thugs are desperate to win Sun Robert Themes 16
•••
•••
•••