headache

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

I have several questions that noone I know seems to know the facts about. So maybe somebody on here has some answers. 1st.....Is it a LAW that a Doctor has to drug test someone before they will prescribe a "schedule II or schedule III" substance?, specificly a stimulant for a diagnosed problem. or is it the Dr.'s discretion? 2. Can they still prescribe them if someone fails their test for THC and nothing else, no other drugs in system? 3...anyone know of any Dr.'s that dont drug test before they write you a prescription?
duh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Paula hicks apparently ran out. She's over there acting like a psycho again. Can we say 2 north? Don't ya just love how she lies and hides behind a keyboard. Lol
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Since ADHD meds are commonly abused yes most dr that prescribed them will look for drug abuse signs. My child's dr does pill counts every 3 months on her ADHD meds, I dont mind because she needs the meds and I understand that if these meds get into the wrong hands it could be bad. More and more drs are covering their asses due to people dr shopping for controlled meds. Laws are making it harder to make the poison called meth and if abused ADHD meds can give users the same feeling.
headache

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

yes i was really that dumb. did you see what I was diagnosed with? lol. i even paid FOR the test! they cant give you drug tests? please explain more!
well

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Yes they can, and they do. If they prescribed you meds they can "test" your levels.
headache

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

I understand the pill count. Or even routine checks to see that one is taking their medicine. BUT..not prescribing something that is known to work for the diagnosis...just because the patient smoked. (sometime in the last 60 days, possibly only once, is all the doc can tell by the yes or no test)
headache

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

but they didnt prescribe meds...because of the test
dude

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

maybe I should change the title of this to something more scandalis if I want comments lol
truth

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

headache wrote:
but they didnt prescribe meds...because of the test
Maybe because your positive test tell the dr you are high risk for abusing the stimuates in the ADHD meds. Maybe he doesn't consider you ADHD.
dude

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

no...it clearly showed positive for pot and negative for every other drug. and the doctor did say it was adhd
truth

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

It depends on your dr. If he suspects that you abuse street drugs they are more reluctant to give you a controlled substance. I volunteer the pill count, I take them to every dr appt because my ex has accused me of over medicating and under medicating our child. I do it so I have a record of it along with receipts from the pharmacy.
dude

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2012

thanks to both of you :)
Karol

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Is it a LAW to test everyone who is prescribed meds for ADD? No one I know who takes ADD or ADHD meds has ever been approached about drug testing!
yes

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

I don't know about a law on the drug testing but most doctors check blood levels with patients who are on ADHD or ADD drugs.
ashley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

I don't believe it's a law, but any good Dr. Is going to do lab work before prescribing medications. This is to ensure that you are not taking anything else that will counteract with that medicine. They may also do this bloodwork periodically if they want to make sure you are taking the medicine as perscribed.
fortherecord

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

A new law was just passed in July. Doctors must check your Kasper report before issuing narcotics. They have to see you in there office every 90 days. Random drug screening and pill counts are very likely.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

kk wrote:
Are you really that dumb?! Doctors can not give you drug tests
Ahhh, Yes they can and many do!
Teresa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

My dad was going to pain management to get his tabs and they gave him a drug test and he tested positive for pot and they took his tabs away from him. He can no longer get them from there anymore.
fortherecord

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

kk wrote:
Are you really that dumb?! Doctors can not give you drug tests
The real question is, are YOU really that dumb to think that they can't drug test you? ABSOLUTELY they can. And most of them are now. All because of the new law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Paducah Forum right now

Search the Paducah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Cracker barrell moving out of Paducah 18 min John Holmes 10
passable or very attractive trannys????? 48 min looking 1
jaded Layne jealous rage 1 hr mom 3
cvs hannah plaza 1 hr customer 10
Tater Day 1 hr WOW 38
single girls 1 hr jlo 4
Why do some women smell "down there"? 1 hr actually 7
Steak n Shake Closing Soon 3 hr just saying 16