Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2011
Help

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 11, 2011
 
Is it possible to get a restraining or protective order to keep my daughters dad away? He has been just showing up at my house drunk, calling and harrassing me, talking to her while he is belligerently drunk and scaring her with the things he says. She is 9 and has told me that he has driven with her in the car as he was drinking. I've got to do something...he is destroying her mentally.
Yes

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 11, 2011
 
Yes if you take out a restraining order/EPO it will also include your child. He will have to stay away from you and your child until you all go to court and then Judge Sanderson will decide further.
Help

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 11, 2011
 
Thanks so much! I'm assuming I need to go to the courthouse, but who do I talk to?
Yes

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 11, 2011
 
Go to the courthouse and ask them where to go, it will be downstairs and a worker will help you fill everything out, then you take the form she gives you back upstairs and they will take it to the judge while you are sitting there and see if there is probable cause, which they most always sign, and you will have the restraining order signed that day. They will have to serve him though, so it does not actually take affect until he receives them, but they have record of it atleast. Then they will set you up a court date and if you do not show up the restraining order will be released,, so make sure to show up if you would like it to stay in affect.

Since: Jan 11

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 11, 2011
 
Keep in mind he will probably trash you in return.
Say your a drunk and as a result your not sure if you have daughters...(meaning more than one.)
Or just "she", "her" meaning one.
Oh Dear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 11, 2011
 
Hire an attorney instead of posting on here. If you have an order for visitation and you feel like your child is not safe with him, report it to child protective services.
Help

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 11, 2011
 
@ "Yes"-thank you for your direction. You have been alot of help.
@"Oh Dear"- I just needed someone to point me in the direction that I need to go. There is no order for visitation btw, I just want to make sure we are safe. I know that I need to get some kind of protection just wasn't sure where to go. I figured someone on here could guide me where to go - and they did.
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 11, 2011
 
also if its possible you might consider moving and not telling your ex where you live. A dvo/epo is just a piece of paper and he could still bother you but he will go to jail if he does, but not usually for long. Good luck and think about a stun gun or something that can stop him but not kill him.
also

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

well wrote:
also if its possible you might consider moving and not telling your ex where you live. A dvo/epo is just a piece of paper and he could still bother you but he will go to jail if he does, but not usually for long. Good luck and think about a stun gun or something that can stop him but not kill him.
in the future, might wanna be a little more selective about who you screw.
he he he

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

also wrote:
<quoted text>in the future, might wanna be a little more selective about who you screw.
Lol
wwjd

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

also wrote:
<quoted text>in the future, might wanna be a little more selective about who you screw.
smarta$$, i was trying to be helpful. I have never been in that position whatsoever.
You know what happens when you assume things? You make an a$$ out of yourself!

Now back to the original topic....

Since: Jan 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

May I ask why when and if the father showed up drunk to visit his daughter you didnt have him arrested?
You didnt complain about him not paying you support,and apparently he does spend time with her,
Many fathers are abused by the courts,and former spouses. who think of their children as their own private property in a game and use them as chips to get back at their former spouse.

I hope this turns out the way you plan,but I suspect your daughter will end up being the one that pays the biggest price.
DuKeHaTeR

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

also wrote:
<quoted text>in the future, might wanna be a little more selective about who you screw.
I bet she met him in a bar... anyone wanna take that bet?
DuKeHaTeR

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 12, 2011
 
Convicted Felon wrote:
May I ask why when and if the father showed up drunk to visit his daughter you didnt have him arrested?
You didnt complain about him not paying you support,and apparently he does spend time with her,
Many fathers are abused by the courts,and former spouses. who think of their children as their own private property in a game and use them as chips to get back at their former spouse.
I hope this turns out the way you plan,but I suspect your daughter will end up being the one that pays the biggest price.
Well said brotha Felon
ungroundround

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 12, 2011
 
wwjd wrote:
<quoted text>
smarta$$, i was trying to be helpful. I have never been in that position whatsoever.
You know what happens when you assume things? You make an a$$ out of yourself!
Now back to the original topic....
its not an assumption. Just another case of a woman sleeping with an idiot she "loved" and now a kid is paying the price.

Since: Jan 11

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 12, 2011
 
DuKeHaTeR wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet she met him in a bar... anyone wanna take that bet?
3pts.lmfao
wwjd

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 12, 2011
 
ungroundround wrote:
<quoted text>its not an assumption. Just another case of a woman sleeping with an idiot she "loved" and now a kid is paying the price.
that still doesn't give him the right to show up drunk, or to drive with the kid drunk. He is damaging the kid, it really doesn't matter how the child was conceived! This mother is just trying to protect this child. I am sure if the father got his sh!t together she wouldn't have to do what shes doing.

Since: Jan 11

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

If he wasnt arrested and found guilty,then he hasnt done anything.Just because she says he is a drunk and he says she is a crack head isnt a reason for anyone not to see their kid.

You guys are blowing smoke up her ass if you think the guy is going to lose visitation over this crap.

All she is doing is driving him away from his daughter.And then she can tell the girl daddy doesnt love you thats why he left."That damages the kid...."

She forgets to tell her that while daddy was out working on the river she got knocked up by her meth dealer and thats not even her daddy.
Very Simple

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 13, 2011
 
Listen, I was simply asking for direction. Yes, I was an idiot 9-10 years ago...young and dumb. Believe me I know this. The man has serious issues...issues that go beyond my daughter and I. I don't want anything from him...I am financially stable and do not need his money. He is court ordered to pay child support, however, hasn't had a job in over a year. I don't want his money. My daughter thinks her dad hung the moon. I don't, but she does and I will never take that from her. I want her to spend time with him and dream of a day that he will actually be mentally cabable of giving her all her needs that come from a stable father figure. He loves her and I will never take that from her or him. I simply want us protected as he is a very troubled person and doesn't realize what kind of hurt he is inflicting on his daughter. I am taking care of this matter appropriately and in a manner that my daughter remains protected, understands the situation, and will continue loving her father despite his trouble. I should have known better than to post anything on here.

Since: Jan 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 13, 2011
 
Very Simple wrote:
Listen, I was simply asking for direction. Yes, I was an idiot 9-10 years ago...young and dumb. Believe me I know this. The man has serious issues...issues that go beyond my daughter and I. I don't want anything from him...I am financially stable and do not need his money. He is court ordered to pay child support, however, hasn't had a job in over a year. I don't want his money. My daughter thinks her dad hung the moon. I don't, but she does and I will never take that from her. I want her to spend time with him and dream of a day that he will actually be mentally cabable of giving her all her needs that come from a stable father figure. He loves her and I will never take that from her or him. I simply want us protected as he is a very troubled person and doesn't realize what kind of hurt he is inflicting on his daughter. I am taking care of this matter appropriately and in a manner that my daughter remains protected, understands the situation, and will continue loving her father despite his trouble. I should have known better than to post anything on here.
I should have known better than to post anything on here. 3pts.lmao
Ok first he was a drunk and you were protecting her.
Now he is an out of work psycho?
All im saying is your not going to keep him from his daughter.
Maybe the judge may order supervised visits...
Then the daughter gets pissed at you because she can no longer spend time with him.He gets pissed at you as well.

Perhaps if you are really concerned you all go to counseling.
It sometimes helps to get an outside opinion.You get to shut up and listen to him,he gets to shut up and listen to you,then you both get to shut up and listen to her.

And for the record,the whole wife getting knocked up by the meth dealer while the husband was working on the river wasnt implied to have happened to you.

Also women believe it our not do lie on those applications.
I should have known better than to post anything on here.
If you search Restraining/Protective order, you may see your thread
in your search results.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

120 Users are viewing the Paducah Forum right now

Search the Paducah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Where can I buy crystals at? (Aug '12) 7 min emily 11
White people with cornrows are hard to look at. 36 min jim 2
MCHS Football 47 min Tippy 5
New Downtown Hotel 52 min Unity 11
Drunk 1 hr Curi 1
support downtown 1 hr remember 79
People with tattoos are annoying. 1 hr single mom 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Paducah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Paducah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paducah
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••