Olan Mills at Kentucky Oaks Mall in Paducah, KY

Aug 31, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

Getting pictures done with your sweetie can be a great relationship booster. It's a fun thing to do with your honey and it gives you something romantic to look at when you're both spending time thinking about the love you have for one another.

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Nov 28, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Soul Patch Zit

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 4, 2011
 
Thanks to the store owner for this stupid ass waste of bandwidth.
hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

made an appointment to have grandkids pics made both were 2 years old got there and 4 other people had the same appointment time as i did and only one photographer.... and we were the 4 in line so tell me how you keep 2 2years olds in order for that long.... wasnt fair so we left... when i make an appointment i except to get in at that time and not have to wait for 3 others ahead of me with the same appointment poor managament
hear ya

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

I got mine done there a few weeks ago and I felt that they ripped me off. When I made the appointment asked about prices but then after the pictures were taken the prices were $70 higher than stated. I will not be back!!
SAYWHAT

Pontiac, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hey wrote:
made an appointment to have grandkids pics made both were 2 years old got there and 4 other people had the same appointment time as i did and only one photographer.... and we were the 4 in line so tell me how you keep 2 2years olds in order for that long.... wasnt fair so we left... when i make an appointment i except to get in at that time and not have to wait for 3 others ahead of me with the same appointment poor managament
I had my grandkid's picture's made at the same studio several week's ago and i was very pleased with them.It's not easy to find a a good photographer in this area.You should take into account that just b/c you have a appointment does not mean that you will get right in at that time,Stuff happen's just like at a doctor's office, or did you ever stop to think that maybe they only had one photographer b/c somebody my have called in sick.I mean it happen's.Sound's like your just a pain in the ass anyway why don't you get a grip on your life and stop trying to bash people on a lame ass site like topix.I'd be willing to bet that your the type of person that think's you can run all over people and get away with it HUH!They sell people like you a dime a dozen at freaking Wal-mart everyday!Cheap ass. Managament at Olan mills was as nice as she could be to us,yea your just a idiot!Why don't you tell the truth you can't afford to be having picture's made at Olan Mills anyway's. that's why your ol broke ass did'nt have any pictures made. Boo Hoo wasnt fair. DO you see what you sound like?
SAYWHAT

Pontiac, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hear ya wrote:
I got mine done there a few weeks ago and I felt that they ripped me off. When I made the appointment asked about prices but then after the pictures were taken the prices were $70 higher than stated. I will not be back!!
Bull@hit aint nobody riped you off. I guesss that they twisted your arm all up around your back and made you spend 70 more dollar's. OMG you people are a joke.
SAYWHAT

Pontiac, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Soul Patch Zit wrote:
Thanks to the store owner for this stupid ass waste of bandwidth.
SHERRY SHUT THE HELL UP!
Kurt

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 6, 2011
 
Our church doesn't use them any more because they "are" definitely a rip off. Big time!
Man Boobs

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 7, 2011
 
I like taking art photos.
Linzy j's photography

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 7, 2011
 
Guys there are other options! I'm starting out would love the business. ;)
hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

--- your the trouble maker ... i asked them why they only had one person taking pics and thats all that was suppose to be there is what they told me and when you take pics with children you should be close to time as you can. you dont know me and im nothing like you say i am... and as far as cheap... you need a life cuz where my grands are concerned money is no problem!!! so maybe you just told us how you really are..
Charlie Sheen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 7, 2011
 
SAYWHAT wrote:
<quoted text>Bull@hit aint nobody riped you off. I guesss that they twisted your arm all up around your back and made you spend 70 more dollar's. OMG you people are a joke.
its obvious that you work there. That really looks good for business you moron.
yep

Pontiac, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 7, 2011
 
hey wrote:
--- your the trouble maker ... i asked them why they only had one person taking pics and thats all that was suppose to be there is what they told me and when you take pics with children you should be close to time as you can. you dont know me and im nothing like you say i am... and as far as cheap... you need a life cuz where my grands are concerned money is no problem!!! so maybe you just told us how you really are..
No your azz did that you posted shit that was bogus!
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

We had pics done there and had the same problems. We were quadruple booked and the workers were screaming at each other on top of being rude to us. Will never go back and advise anyone I know I will recommend that they take their money elsewhere. Sears does good and so does jnash.
hey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

its ashame you cant give your opinion about something on this site without getting smart mouth remarks... just shows how low life you people are linzy if they wont give there name then dont worry about them...they are on here just to start trouble
awesome

Sesser, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 7, 2011
 
Kurt wrote:
Our church doesn't use them any more because they "are" definitely a rip off. Big time!
olan mills not good we used lifetouch for our church photos. good experience. lady rep wonderful. very friendly and honestly cares. google them for their phone number
stopping by

Smithland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 8, 2011
 
My friend owns Chappell Fotography. She is really nice and inexpensive. She has a studio in Grand Rivers. It is really small but you feel more at home there. She gets down in the floor and plays with the kids and I think she only schedules a few people a day. She is on facebook. I cant comment on olan mills. I haven't been there in years. The one time I went it was a good experience though. I went to Sears one time with a coupon and thought I was going to get out for a few bucks and left spending over 100. I was not happy!! My friend always gives me the full price up front with no hidden crap!

Since: Sep 11

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 8, 2011
 
I have to agree that even the Olan Mills inside the Lone Oak Kmart is a joke. During their promotions they have you sign up for a date and time ... but yet when you show up you are waiting for other ppl slotted for the same time spot. If you leave, you lose the promotion price. Once you get the photos they DO jack up the prices. EVERYONE knows the photographer just snaps a few photos for the basic package but grabs stuffed animals and/or sounded toys to get that child to liven up and be all pretty for the $25 sheets.
GUESSWHAT

Pontiac, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 9, 2011
 
AngelaJustMe55 wrote:
I have to agree that even the Olan Mills inside the Lone Oak Kmart is a joke. During their promotions they have you sign up for a date and time ... but yet when you show up you are waiting for other ppl slotted for the same time spot. If you leave, you lose the promotion price. Once you get the photos they DO jack up the prices. EVERYONE knows the photographer just snaps a few photos for the basic package but grabs stuffed animals and/or sounded toys to get that child to liven up and be all pretty for the $25 sheets.
There is no Olan Mills inside Kmart anymore.However they have opened a new studio inside Ky Oaks Mall. And the staff over there is very nice and they did a really good job on our picture's. And yes their picture's cost a bit more than Sear's or penney's but the are alot better quality paper and they print them on site.. So you don't have to wait week's on them,I'd rather get my picture's the same day and pay a little bit extra!
informed

Pontiac, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 16, 2011
 
Just wanted to inform you all of a few things:

1. If you have a complaint dealing with the lack of staff at Olan Mills as well as the wait times pick up the phone and call the corporate office. The people that work at these stores cannot help what their bosses tell them and if they are told to only work a certain amount of people on a certain day that is what they have to do.

Keep in mind that most of these people get no break during the day because there bosses do not allow for enough staff to be there to accomadate the customers. These people are working hard for the customers at small pay rate. I myself have not worked for this particular company but I have worked for 2 similar companies and they are all the same they expect so much out of their employees. So the next time your waiting for pictures keep in mind that the person that could be taking your pictures has been on their feet and not had anything to eat or drink since they got there hours ago. Keep in mind that they are working hard to make your memories and file your complaints with the higher ups and voice your opinions maybe if enough people do that they will make some changes that will not only benefit the customers but the staff as well. Voice your concerns to the business itself NOT topix you wanna be heard then say what you need to say to them in order for changes to be made.
mom

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Sep 16, 2011
 
How about the older lady with that whiney country voice. It drives me insane!!! No, I don't want to buy a $10 package!!! Quit asking!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Paducah Forum right now

Search the Paducah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Weekend Lone Oak Softball tournament 41 min SOCKS 74
Mchs fan is Marshall county high school you dum... 1 hr Unity 8
Knuckle Up Tattoo Company (Jul '11) 1 hr Dennis Paris 53
wpsd news anchors 1 hr Joel 13
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
Dunkin Donuts 1 hr hmm 24
amy phillips 1 hr rashriekie 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Paducah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Paducah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paducah
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••