Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Mar 26, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ray

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 15, 2011
 
I think that the reason most people don't want it is because they think there will lots of coal dust. Really the second largest open air coal pile in Kentucky is just a mile or 2 down the road at TVA. The county already owns the land so I say don't let the land sit there and waste but build something that will help the economy of western Ky.
Tokyo Electric

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 16, 2011
 
Could I intelest you in a lightly used leactor?
Ruckus

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 17, 2011
 
If you dont like coal, dont use electricity!
CoalBurnin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 17, 2011
 
Agree with Ray and others on here. Bring that thing on!!!!!!We need the work around here in case you have'nt noticed. He is correct about how big the size of TVA's terminal is, and there has been no ill effects from that of which I know. Plus, the coal to liquid plant is a great alternative energy. You will just be helping to go ahead and kill this dieing area if you refuse this project.
Ray

Kevil, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 17, 2011
 
Hey wrote:
Sorry to tell you Ray but the county doesn't own that land, the people who are wanting to put in the terminal own it. 390 acres.
Oh yeah. The county/ city own the land on the other side of the railroad tracks right???
friend of coal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 17, 2011
 
bring it on we need this place bad.
but hate to say it someone in paducah will screw this up for us.

Since: Jan 11

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 17, 2011
 
Do you guys really think there is any hope left for America?We kicked ass for 200 years,but thats all folks.If what happen in Japan happen here,This country would be in chaos.Its only a matter of time.People say all hell breaks loose in 2012,I hope we last that long.
friend of coal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 17, 2011
 
you are right about that.
U KNOW ME

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I STRONGLY disagree with the coal Terminal. It is a Bunch of BS. First of all are you more worried about a buck than the safety and freshness of our air people? Dont we have enough Unclean air in the proximity of West Paducah/Paducah itself much less the whole Jackson Purchase area? Coal dust is unpreventable END OF STORY. Yes... the conveyer belts have Tops on them and so fourth. But what about Danville Illinois? If anyone was able to get their lazy ass off topix and actually go to the town meeting you might understand. What about my 9 Year old brother that has extremely bad Asthma? He cant go a day without a breathing treatment, Now tell me.. How in the hell is a Pile of coal that will be able to be seen from Heath High school at its peak going to help him when the damn thing is a 100 yards from my house? It Wont. Ohhh But The Jobs!!!! Hahahaha if this isnt the biggest joke I have ever seen. The only thing the public has to shoot back at me. For everyones information The Coal Terminal is going to have 400 Employees at the peak of its Industry? What a joke. Lets see here... Do the math people. 400 jobs v.s. A massive Pile of Dusty Ass Coal 10x the size of the ones in Calvert City. PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!! This is the dumbest idea that has ever landed on West Kentuckys soil much less the whole damn Universe. It is too congested with people. There are several Houses surrounding the outlined proposed zoning. THIS LAND IS NOT MADE FOR HEAVY INDUSTRIAL.Is the air not dirty enough for you people yet? Do you want our savored land of West Paducah destroyed with another Plant that is going to cost lives? Not tomorrow or the next day but overtime? Yes. Im sure when this dumbass plant moves in ( Which I highly doubt it will) my brother is gonna love inhaling that fresh coal dust, which could lead to a asthma attack. It may sound like Im immaging or dreaming but people its the truth? What is West Paducah becoming? What i Advise Everyone in Paducah to do that supports this Is Go get A Cigar pipe and throw You a little piece of coal in in and take you a Big Ol' hit. Then Reply. Btw Im not the one to hide my face like a coward on Topix My Name is Nick Cash I live at 6805 Heady Road in West Paducah. But People you really need to think twice. REMINDER: COAL DUST CAN NOT BE PREVENTED

Since: Jan 11

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 17, 2011
 
U KNOW ME wrote:
I STRONGLY disagree with the coal Terminal. It is a Bunch of BS. First of all are you more worried about a buck than the safety and freshness of our air people? Dont we have enough Unclean air in the proximity of West Paducah/Paducah itself much less the whole Jackson Purchase area? Coal dust is unpreventable END OF STORY. Yes... the conveyer belts have Tops on them and so fourth. But what about Danville Illinois? If anyone was able to get their lazy ass off topix and actually go to the town meeting you might understand. What about my 9 Year old brother that has extremely bad Asthma? He cant go a day without a breathing treatment, Now tell me.. How in the hell is a Pile of coal that will be able to be seen from Heath High school at its peak going to help him when the damn thing is a 100 yards from my house? It Wont. Ohhh But The Jobs!!!! Hahahaha if this isnt the biggest joke I have ever seen. The only thing the public has to shoot back at me. For everyones information The Coal Terminal is going to have 400 Employees at the peak of its Industry? What a joke. Lets see here... Do the math people. 400 jobs v.s. A massive Pile of Dusty Ass Coal 10x the size of the ones in Calvert City. PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!! This is the dumbest idea that has ever landed on West Kentuckys soil much less the whole damn Universe. It is too congested with people. There are several Houses surrounding the outlined proposed zoning. THIS LAND IS NOT MADE FOR HEAVY INDUSTRIAL.Is the air not dirty enough for you people yet? Do you want our savored land of West Paducah destroyed with another Plant that is going to cost lives? Not tomorrow or the next day but overtime? Yes. Im sure when this dumbass plant moves in ( Which I highly doubt it will) my brother is gonna love inhaling that fresh coal dust, which could lead to a asthma attack. It may sound like Im immaging or dreaming but people its the truth? What is West Paducah becoming? What i Advise Everyone in Paducah to do that supports this Is Go get A Cigar pipe and throw You a little piece of coal in in and take you a Big Ol' hit. Then Reply. Btw Im not the one to hide my face like a coward on Topix My Name is Nick Cash I live at 6805 Heady Road in West Paducah. But People you really need to think twice. REMINDER: COAL DUST CAN NOT BE PREVENTED
Id suggest you move...nick,by the way your credit score sucks...
U KNOW ME

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 17, 2011
 
Im about to be a Convicted Felon

Since: Jan 11

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 17, 2011
 
U KNOW ME wrote:
Im about to be a Convicted Felon
You gonna kill joan?
U KNOW ME

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 17, 2011
 
Im not much on the internet and only got on here to post a opinion about the coal terminal. But stupid low lifes as yourself. Cant keep from starting shit. I will not reply or much less even speak to you. I dont have the extra time in my day to argue with a worthless piece of shit like you. So if you decide to man up instead of type your way to victory. Drive your worthless ass on down to 6805 Heady Road if you have a hair on your chest.. Ill be here all day... :)

Since: Jan 11

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 17, 2011
 
U KNOW ME wrote:
Im not much on the internet and only got on here to post a opinion about the coal terminal. But stupid low lifes as yourself. Cant keep from starting shit. I will not reply or much less even speak to you. I dont have the extra time in my day to argue with a worthless piece of shit like you. So if you decide to man up instead of type your way to victory. Drive your worthless ass on down to 6805 Heady Road if you have a hair on your chest.. Ill be here all day...:)
You dont have to worry about me.But you might think twice about posting your home address and name on topix.6 billion people now have your information.You cant remove the post.Then you wanna revert to insults when you dont even know who I am?
And you call me stupid?You dont have to respond...Ill do it for you.
U KNOW ME

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 17, 2011
 
Before I Get off of this Gossiping/Unethical website for eternity Id like to mention there is this thing Called a phonebook some refer it to yellow pages That has about 95% of peoples names and address. But you wouldn't know anything about that since your on topix all the time. And no, this coal terminal will not make me move considering I have lived in a $600,000 Victorian style Home for 18+ years less than 100 yards from the zoning area. Im not going to be outside with a pressure washer washing coal dust off the side of my house everyday of the week because of some dumb coal terminal. And about 365 million out of those 6 billion people have access to a computer just so you know. Yes, I am very dumb. You are scum of the earth that has no soul or sympathy for others. Drop on by to look at my Act Score Dumb Fuck. If you even know what that is of course. Have a Great life on Topix!

Since: Jan 11

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 17, 2011
 
U KNOW ME wrote:
Before I Get off of this Gossiping/Unethical website for eternity Id like to mention there is this thing Called a phonebook some refer it to yellow pages That has about 95% of peoples names and address. But you wouldn't know anything about that since your on topix all the time. And no, this coal terminal will not make me move considering I have lived in a $600,000 Victorian style Home for 18+ years less than 100 yards from the zoning area. Im not going to be outside with a pressure washer washing coal dust off the side of my house everyday of the week because of some dumb coal terminal. And about 365 million out of those 6 billion people have access to a computer just so you know. Yes, I am very dumb. You are scum of the earth that has no soul or sympathy for others. Drop on by to look at my Act Score Dumb Fuck. If you even know what that is of course. Have a Great life on Topix!
you said you werent gonna respond anymore?Im so disappointed in you,Im sure your family and friends will be too when they read all this stuff you wrote.
backwoods1536

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 17, 2011
 
makes sense on what 'u know me' is sayin, i feel for him. i live not too far from that land where it wants to be build.he is right on it being to populated
backwoods1536

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 18, 2011
 
and he is right about the gossip to...damn. Apparently u dont live near our neck of the woods felon.

Since: Jan 11

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 18, 2011
 
backwoods1536 wrote:
and he is right about the gossip to...damn. Apparently u dont live near our neck of the woods felon.
He seems like a nice enough guy.And I get that he doesnt want the thing near him,really I do.I was simply saying the area needs jobs.
If we dont do something to get things going,the cards will fall.
If you havnt noticed everything we buy comes from china japan ect.
We pay everything else in gas cost to the middle east.

If the cost of food keeps going up,and jobs keep going down,He isnt gonna have to worry about spraying his house off.

It seems like we cant agree to do anything any more,paducah power wants to build a sub station,people in the area dont want it,if I was paducah power id jerk out the meters on everyone on the petetion...lmfao

The old people use to say if we dont stand togather we all fall togather.And really thats where I think thats where we are headed.

I hope they build the terminal because of the jobs,if nick cash wants to go on a shooting spree or blow the place up,this is America I guess.

I suggested he sell and move because the area is so desperate for jobs what people want really doesnt matter much.
Nicky

Kevil, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 18, 2011
 
U KNOW ME wrote:
I STRONGLY disagree with the coal Terminal. It is a Bunch of BS. First of all are you more worried about a buck than the safety and freshness of our air people? Dont we have enough Unclean air in the proximity of West Paducah/Paducah itself much less the whole Jackson Purchase area? Coal dust is unpreventable END OF STORY. Yes... the conveyer belts have Tops on them and so fourth. But what about Danville Illinois? If anyone was able to get their lazy ass off topix and actually go to the town meeting you might understand. What about my 9 Year old brother that has extremely bad Asthma? He cant go a day without a breathing treatment, Now tell me.. How in the hell is a Pile of coal that will be able to be seen from Heath High school at its peak going to help him when the damn thing is a 100 yards from my house? It Wont. Ohhh But The Jobs!!!! Hahahaha if this isnt the biggest joke I have ever seen. The only thing the public has to shoot back at me. For everyones information The Coal Terminal is going to have 400 Employees at the peak of its Industry? What a joke. Lets see here... Do the math people. 400 jobs v.s. A massive Pile of Dusty Ass Coal 10x the size of the ones in Calvert City. PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!! This is the dumbest idea that has ever landed on West Kentuckys soil much less the whole damn Universe. It is too congested with people. There are several Houses surrounding the outlined proposed zoning. THIS LAND IS NOT MADE FOR HEAVY INDUSTRIAL.Is the air not dirty enough for you people yet? Do you want our savored land of West Paducah destroyed with another Plant that is going to cost lives? Not tomorrow or the next day but overtime? Yes. Im sure when this dumbass plant moves in ( Which I highly doubt it will) my brother is gonna love inhaling that fresh coal dust, which could lead to a asthma attack. It may sound like Im immaging or dreaming but people its the truth? What is West Paducah becoming? What i Advise Everyone in Paducah to do that supports this Is Go get A Cigar pipe and throw You a little piece of coal in in and take you a Big Ol' hit. Then Reply. Btw Im not the one to hide my face like a coward on Topix My Name is Nick Cash I live at 6805 Heady Road in West Paducah. But People you really need to think twice. REMINDER: COAL DUST CAN NOT BE PREVENTED
Nick. Your momma and daddy have always bought you every thing that you have ever wanted and now you want something that your parents can't change with money. I doubt that the coal dust will be a concern with all new technology and EPA regulations it will most likely be the most clean coal terminal in the us. And all your worried about is having to go outside and actually have to do a little bit of manual labor to clean your house when you actually know your mom and dad will just pay to have it done if need be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Paducah Forum right now

Search the Paducah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Two words~~Last Letter of last word~~GAME (Jun '13) 27 min teensy 1,751
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 34 min teensy 665
Very attractive male, still can't find gf 41 min SMA 5
Chasidy Bradley 50 min Classmate 1
wpsd news anchors 2 hr Seriously 12
Best Fundraiser 2 hr Lulz 3
VUE magazine struggling 2 hr Lulz 38
Weekend Lone Oak Softball tournament 4 hr SO MANY CONFUSED 72
MCHS Football 5 hr Facts 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Paducah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Paducah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paducah
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••