whatever

Paducah, KY

#22 May 28, 2012
last straw wrote:
is it a franchise
I don't think so- the guy that opened it had seen a fresh type market where he had lived at before and thought Paducah would be good for this kind of grocery. He is also selling Ky. goods so that makes it a little unique. I seriously hope he does well.
last straw

Paducah, KY

#23 May 28, 2012
me too. i just heard it was a franchise and there was one in louisville. maybe they were thinking boston market
Sketchy

Madisonville, KY

#24 May 28, 2012
He based it after the Whole Foods franchise.
lol

Orlando, FL

#25 May 28, 2012
I like going there cause I can shop without seeing my tax dollars feed some trash from Dudley court and her 9 illegitimate kids from 7 different fathers.
Fact

Chicago, IL

#26 May 28, 2012
Mid-Town isn't a chain, though Andy gets some of his produce delivered from a man in Louisville. He tries to support local growers as much as possible. It isn't supposed to be a store where you grocery shop as you would at Wal Mart or Kroger, but a store where you can pick up specialty items and prepared foods from their deli. Perfect to make a pit stop and pick up a few things if you're entertaining and having people over. If they don't accept food stamps yet, they will. That is the reason that they don't have an area where one can eat lunch inside from the deli. Not sure what that law is but if they did that then they wouldn't be able to accept the food stamp card. Keep in mind that small local businesses cannot offer the same price point as large chains because they can't buy the quantity thus they do not get it as cheaply. BTW, the meat department is the best in town. I wish you the best Andy, thank you for bringing something new to the area and for supporting other local businesses!
SketchyFan

Princeton, KY

#27 May 28, 2012
Fact wrote:
Mid-Town isn't a chain, though Andy gets some of his produce delivered from a man in Louisville. He tries to support local growers as much as possible. It isn't supposed to be a store where you grocery shop as you would at Wal Mart or Kroger, but a store where you can pick up specialty items and prepared foods from their deli. Perfect to make a pit stop and pick up a few things if you're entertaining and having people over. If they don't accept food stamps yet, they will. That is the reason that they don't have an area where one can eat lunch inside from the deli. Not sure what that law is but if they did that then they wouldn't be able to accept the food stamp card. Keep in mind that small local businesses cannot offer the same price point as large chains because they can't buy the quantity thus they do not get it as cheaply. BTW, the meat department is the best in town. I wish you the best Andy, thank you for bringing something new to the area and for supporting other local businesses!
I was in there Friday, and they had a few booths inside by the front where people was sitting and eat lunch.
Lmao

Chicago, IL

#28 May 29, 2012
lol wrote:
I like going there cause I can shop without seeing my tax dollars feed some trash from Dudley court and her 9 illegitimate kids from 7 different fathers.
Lololololol
whatever

Paducah, KY

#29 May 29, 2012
My husband and I got supper for ourselves one night and it was great. Sure, it was a little expensive but guess what- it is expensive to eat at anyplace nowadays! If you think it is high-the last time, my husband and I went to a burger place with our 2 kids and ourselves, it was over $20.00.
true grit

Nashville, TN

#30 May 29, 2012
I'm not sure why this discussion had to turn into the
have's and the have not's"...it was asked about a new market in town and before you know it people take it in a whole new direction.

I like the food and the selections they have. They have some things you cant find at other retailers here in Paducah. Yes, it's upscale and you will pay more for certain items there no doubt but that's why you won't do your entire shopping there. It's not designed to be a discount store, why would someone open one of those up here when they already exist?

I hope it makes it. For parties, special occasions, entertaining and sometimes just dinner or something different its pretty nice to have.

If its not a place you want to shop, that's OK, if you don't want to pay the prices, thats OK as well. There's just no reason to turn it into a class warfare thing here, some just choose NOT so shop there just like some folks choose to drive a chevy and some would rather have a BMW...

“go 49ers owwwwww gettt it!!!!!”

Since: Aug 10

miss paducah ky that is

#31 May 29, 2012
Andys cool don't hate support American owned local businesses
Ms Brooks

Paducah, KY

#32 May 29, 2012
glossycover wrote:
who thinks this will last...
I'm pretty excited about it. I haven't been there yet because I figure it will be pretty busy since its still so new. I love WholeFoods and always hated that we didn't have one or at least something similar so I think its great. I don't mind to pay a little extra for higher quality foods so I hope it will be able to stick around.
Justme

United States

#33 May 30, 2012
We went Saturday and I loved it! We ate there and it was very good! Their meat department is great! I will shop there!
Helper

Clifty, KY

#34 May 30, 2012
It is wonderful! I will shop there because it caters to those who like to eat healthy.
whatever

Paducah, KY

#35 May 31, 2012
I am hoping it lasts also! I enjoy paying a little more for some home grown Kentucky products and unusal things. I am not sure why everyone thinks that it is high- last time I checked, groceries are high everywhere!
Unity

Orlando, FL

#36 May 31, 2012
whatever wrote:
I am hoping it lasts also! I enjoy paying a little more for some home grown Kentucky products and unusal things. I am not sure why everyone thinks that it is high- last time I checked, groceries are high everywhere!
They have the exact same thing all the other stores have including Avacado which I know Don't grow in Kentucky. You can buy Healthy at Walmart or Krogers etc. But I hope they do good.
rebel

Paducah, KY

#37 May 31, 2012
That is true about avacadoes but this store carries Kentucky produce that other stores do not. I have not seen Amish and Mennonite goods in the other stores unless I missed it. The produce and fruits are a lot fresher than what I have seen at the other stores also. I think they want to carry more locally grown produce and Kentucky products. I hope his store does well.
whocares

Paducah, KY

#38 Jun 1, 2012
got a few things there the other day:
-Chicken Salad = Tastes like shit
-Savannah Slaw = Also tasted, like shit
-Kale Salad/Slaw (Seaweed salad)= tasted like shit
over priced, mediocre
FYI

Paducah, KY

#39 Jun 1, 2012
How do you know what shit tastes like?
Fat Earl

Paducah, KY

#40 Jun 1, 2012
I wonder Do They got good fried Bolonga sandwiches?
rebel

Paducah, KY

#41 Jun 1, 2012
Fat Earl wrote:
I wonder Do They got good fried Bolonga sandwiches?
Is that all you think about is a good fried Bolonga sandwich? LOL!! I bet if they can't, Driver's on Clark Street can!!! And before you ask, no I can't make a good fried bologna sandwich!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Paducah Jobs? 2 min Curious 1
Terry froman 9 min Dragon 73
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min Senator John McCain 4,312
Sam Stratemeyer 12 min nothingbuttaction 7
Teletech 18 min wow 9
trell copeland (Nov '13) 44 min beware 13
~~ What's For supper~~ (Apr '13) 1 hr texas pete 4,211
wpsd news anchors 2 hr Jello 51
WPSD News Casters 6 hr Kul 12
•••
•••
•••

Paducah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000