Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 2,912)

Showing posts 58,221 - 58,240 of81,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Apparently old gas butt does not know quite so much about computers as he thinks or as much as one who earned a living at it for many, many years and a sign off can be silent or a CLICK which is optional. So I will enjoy the sound of my CLICK.............

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over the Old copycat Scruffy Wolf CLICK nonsense. Computers do not click when a person or sewer rat signs off or cancels a screen.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm? HMMMMmm!!! Ya reckon the mouse goes "click"...Your senility surely shows...Better not tell you that you are not so smart, because those Mods will have it deleted before you can read it...1067 CLICK!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "crape" must have fallen off your hat and over your eyes! Go back and read again. Come to think of it you hardly post anything to do with the supposed Topic.
And no idea who will be banned next. After all the foul stuff you and yours do on Topix it might be you.
There hasn't been a foul mouthed thing out of Ugly girl or I. Nor have our posts been removed. Can't say the same, though, can you? What is being removed IS SPAM. That INCLUDES the earthquake reports, poems about children, and other troll posts. If you would like to get this post corrected, start talking about the topic. It's apparent you can't do anything like that.
You accuse others of things YOU are guilty of.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rattlesnake Pete, I don't remember that posts or I would have responded. I must have been scrolling through the trash too fast and missed it. lol. I love that story and have posted a few from Godvine. It is amazing when a wild bird or animal will trust a human to help it. I am re-posting these for you to enjoy as well as all bird lovers that may have missed them.
The Heartwarming Rescue of a Baby Bird with a Broken Leg
It's not just dogs and cats that need our human love. It's all of God's creatures. Here's a heartwarming video that shows a baby bird with a broken leg going from helpless to hopeful. So beautiful.:)
http://www.godvine.com/The-Heartwarming-Rescu...
A Short But Very Sweet Hummingbird Rescue
When a hummingbird became trapped in the house, the owner took it upon himself to give the little bird a helping hand. It's just a short video but very sweet.
http://www.godvine.com/A-Short-But-Very-Sweet...
The Sweetest Video of a Hummingbird Being Saved
Sometimes it's the little things that matter the most. This man takes it upon himself to take care of a hummingbird that's dazed and in danger of being eaten. Watch the inspiring and very sweet video.
http://www.godvine.com/The-Sweetest-Video-of-...
Boy Rescues a Baby Hummingbird That Was Attacked
What a cute, inspirational and caring video! This boy takes a baby hummingbird under his wing after it was attacked and helps it get back to nature where it belongs. This is great.
http://www.godvine.com/Boy-Rescues-a-Baby-Hum...
I loved the ones about the birds and animals. Hope you enjoy them.
Animals seem to have characteristics that we are only beginning to learn ourselves.

When one looks you in the eye, what does it see?

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

NewToGreensburg wrote:
"Godvine"...LOL...
What tripe.......
Thanks for your input...LOL...your writing style looks very......familiar.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Animals seem to have characteristics that we are only beginning to learn ourselves.
When one looks you in the eye, what does it see?
When my beagle, Harley Shay, looks at me she has that look on her face like you are one ugly mf but you rub my belly and give me food so I guess your alright.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
And you wad your panties up over this why? WHY?!! And I believe I have seen about all of us from Scottsville with something removed.
Why? Because AGAIN, you spout nothing but lies. Bothing was removed for bad language. What's being removed is SPAM. Try reading what's removed, and get back to the TOPIC before they see you are nothing but Spam.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Notice people: Spam removed. Please get back to the topic here, and stop posting Spam. Earthquake and weather copy and paste ARE SPAM.
Thank you.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Because AGAIN, you spout nothing but lies. Bothing was removed for bad language. What's being removed is SPAM. Try reading what's removed, and get back to the TOPIC before they see you are nothing but Spam.
Hi Roam hope your having a good day. Stay cool.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Roam hope your having a good day. Stay cool.
I'm staying in the AC for sure. How's about you?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are trippin again.
Just keep lying to yourself, and stop lying here. We'll ALL be happier.

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Just keep lying to yourself, and stop lying here. We'll ALL be happier.
Yer a nutjob! Why are things usually exact opposite of what you call it.

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Is nutjob a bad word? I don't mean nothin bad by it.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer a nutjob! Why are things usually exact opposite of what you call it.
I'd rather be a "nutjob" than a liar like you. Now troll away.

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather be a "nutjob" than a liar like you. Now troll away.
That's funny. Where do you troll away to?

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Kentucky Dam...right before they turn on the turbines.
Syl

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Somewhat shocked there was no reply to this post about a (wild) birds display of love, compassion, and grief for it's mate, all the while, standing in my hand.
Hi! I love Blue birds. Sorry about what happened. We had birds crashing into our front window too, two or three times a week. My husband says there are three main causes for this. 1. Territorial - during mating season where they see their refection and think it's another male and attack it. 2. If you have two windows (one each on opposite sided of a house) and the birds think it's an open flyway through and fly right into one of the windows. 3.(Can't think of third one - I'll get back with you). Anyway, we've stopped almost all birds hitting windows by taping 2 strips of Surveyor tape about 24 in long directly on the center region of the window (space accordingly to take up much of window space). It does not have to be "Surveyor Tape". Almost anything will work - as long as the birds can see it's not a "fly through" flyway. In high rises in cities, they will even tape cutouts of owls or hawks on the windows cause those are predators of most birds and scare them away. Let me know if this helps.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi! I love Blue birds. Sorry about what happened. We had birds crashing into our front window too, two or three times a week. My husband says there are three main causes for this. 1. Territorial - during mating season where they see their refection and think it's another male and attack it. 2. If you have two windows (one each on opposite sided of a house) and the birds think it's an open flyway through and fly right into one of the windows. 3.(Can't think of third one - I'll get back with you). Anyway, we've stopped almost all birds hitting windows by taping 2 strips of Surveyor tape about 24 in long directly on the center region of the window (space accordingly to take up much of window space). It does not have to be "Surveyor Tape". Almost anything will work - as long as the birds can see it's not a "fly through" flyway. In high rises in cities, they will even tape cutouts of owls or hawks on the windows cause those are predators of most birds and scare them away. Let me know if this helps.
When a wild bird comes and lands in your hand on its own free will, it's provides insight and understanding that can't be appropriately relayed to other peoples. I once had a rooster that would stand in front of my sliding glass doors while I was learning to play the mandolin. I thought it liked the music, but it was really messing up my steps. Then I realized it wasn't listening to me, but saw it's own reflection in the glass, and wanted to fight the intruder. To relieve him of his jealous anxiety, I wired a mirror inside the BACK of a wire cage and placed it where he could see it when he was on the step. I was not prepared for the entertainment that rooster provided me for the next two weeks, while he attempted to get "the chicken in the mirror". It is now one of my favorite songs on the mandolin.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't troll, but you do. Now, beat it.
trusted

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>The gentleman in this photo died peacefully in his sleep, about two weeks after killing this snake. R.I.P... The top and bottom positions are fallasies, simply for not recognizing or appreciating "middle ground".
So sorry for any lose of anyone. Too many have gone too soon and are greatly missed. Sorry for your lose. May grief , be as a memory of good and not burden you with sadness.. Here is to middle ground...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 58,221 - 58,240 of81,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Paducah Forum right now

Search the Paducah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
chae johnson 4 min wow 3
Mark Thompson 14 min bystander 8
Paci 21 min Sondra 4
daymar college reviews by staff 1 hr day 47
3 word game (Nov '12) 1 hr teensy 1,130
Jr Humphrey how many of you are out there 1 hr tina aka tloo 33
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Feb '10) 1 hr teensy 442
Mid-Continent University 3 hr tina aka tloo 131