Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,786

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Read more

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#62400 Jul 13, 2012
Abeliever! I knew that phony wasn't you earlier.
percy

Manchester, KY

#62401 Jul 13, 2012
Hmm... I wonder which it is. lol If I walk into a room of big brothers later & they're all afraid to look me in the eye or have nanners in their pockets, I'll know it's them.lol Cause of my neekid pics I posted on here for all to see.



lmbo
change

Henderson, KY

#62402 Jul 13, 2012
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
...Being liberal is not always a good thing especially when people abuse it for vulgarity, offensive attacks, and slanderous remarks and to me this is what topix has degenerated into and it baffles me why the topix mods do not do anything about this and instead seem to actually encourage it.
it's all about the ratings and making money. the more site traffic the more ads and the more income. anybody who's ever tried to run a forum site knows that it is hard to keep the forum alive due to lack of interest when people are forced to make an account to post. threads die off quickly and new ones are rare so with the free4all format at topix it keeps the place active and alive. like i said it's all about making money. btw, topix is in every community in the nation which makes it very powerful as far as the ratings go.
percy

Manchester, KY

#62403 Jul 13, 2012
Chanting...Please be a fruitcake please be a fruitcake please be a fruitcake!!!!

I kinda think it's both. maybe even a couple fruit cakes & a few big brothers & the head honcho!

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#62404 Jul 13, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been meaning to ask, would anybody really trust a snake that held a peace sign?
The one's you can't trust are carrying a RATTLE!!

Why would anybody trust a replica of Enzyte Bob?
percy

Manchester, KY

#62406 Jul 13, 2012
I like it when they tell me I'm purty! until I realized they can't see me through the monitor. duh Percy! Well, unless they got one of them spy gadgets. Guess I'll have to wear my birthday suit next time I'm here? lol
Kevin

Bowie, MD

#62407 Jul 13, 2012
change wrote:
<quoted text>it's all about the ratings and making money. the more site traffic the more ads and the more income. anybody who's ever tried to run a forum site knows that it is hard to keep the forum alive due to lack of interest when people are forced to make an account to post. threads die off quickly and new ones are rare so with the free4all format at topix it keeps the place active and alive. like i said it's all about making money. btw, topix is in every community in the nation which makes it very powerful as far as the ratings go.
True dat.

Just look to the right.
nobody

Sharpsburg, KY

#62408 Jul 13, 2012
change wrote:
<quoted text>it's all about the ratings and making money. the more site traffic the more ads and the more income. anybody who's ever tried to run a forum site knows that it is hard to keep the forum alive due to lack of interest when people are forced to make an account to post. threads die off quickly and new ones are rare so with the free4all format at topix it keeps the place active and alive. like i said it's all about making money. btw, topix is in every community in the nation which makes it very powerful as far as the ratings go.
maybe so, but even the free for all is quickly getting old too, that is not enough to keep people engaged in conversation. What is needed is intellectual and insightful discussion, that is what will keep a thread alive, not the inane ramblings of idiots, that's a sure way to destroy a thread. Don't be too short sighted and think only about money and increased traffic. Traffic composed of idiots will surely not last long. You sound like you might be one of the topix mods, if so, I'm glad I can engage you in conversation, we have a lot we can talk about.
nobody

Sharpsburg, KY

#62409 Jul 13, 2012
percy wrote:
Hmm... I wonder which it is. lol If I walk into a room of big brothers later & they're all afraid to look me in the eye or have nanners in their pockets, I'll know it's them.lol Cause of my neekid pics I posted on here for all to see.
lmbo
if you're trying to be comedian, I would suggest you keep your day job, or do you have one?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#62410 Jul 13, 2012
I have Facebook and I use it for the normal stuff. I think of Topix as recess. Hey Kevin--want to meet me over at the monkey bars?
nobody

Sharpsburg, KY

#62412 Jul 13, 2012
change wrote:
<quoted text>it's all about the ratings and making money. the more site traffic the more ads and the more income. anybody who's ever tried to run a forum site knows that it is hard to keep the forum alive due to lack of interest when people are forced to make an account to post. threads die off quickly and new ones are rare so with the free4all format at topix it keeps the place active and alive. like i said it's all about making money. btw, topix is in every community in the nation which makes it very powerful as far as the ratings go.
I do see your point in that topix likes to cater to the average mindset of the typical dumbed down American consumer, the kind that works hard and spends their money on the worthless products which are advertised here. We have a culture that encourages wannabe comedians and we revel in insulting one another and this seems to be the target audience for topix.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#62413 Jul 13, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>The one's you can't trust are carrying a RATTLE!!
Why would anybody trust a replica of Enzyte Bob?
He's just Smilin' Bob from the neck up. The pervert goes around town flashing old ladies. It has been described to the police as about the size of a malnourished earthworm, several times.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#62414 Jul 13, 2012
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>I do see your point in that topix likes to cater to the average mindset of the typical dumbed down American consumer, the kind that works hard and spends their money on the worthless products which are advertised here. We have a culture that encourages wannabe comedians and we revel in insulting one another and this seems to be the target audience for topix.
Maybe it is just about having fun. There are many sites on the Internet that I visit to discuss economic policy, politics and history. Maybe Topix is just about everything and nothing. When you create anonymity behind the protective barrier of white space, you are going to get everything from everybody that has Internet.
Kevin

Bowie, MD

#62415 Jul 13, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
I have Facebook and I use it for the normal stuff. I think of Topix as recess. Hey Kevin--want to meet me over at the monkey bars?
Sure!

Ya feel like monkeyin' around?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#62416 Jul 13, 2012
If I started a thread titled "Discussion about the Trickle Down Economic Policy of the Republican Party". How many serious posters would I get? I would get comments referencing everything from golden showers ( can I say that?) to people saying I am being a show off.
nobody

Sharpsburg, KY

#62418 Jul 13, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it is just about having fun. There are many sites on the Internet that I visit to discuss economic policy, politics and history. Maybe Topix is just about everything and nothing. When you create anonymity behind the protective barrier of white space, you are going to get everything from everybody that has Internet.
so are we having fun yet?
nobody

Sharpsburg, KY

#62419 Jul 13, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
If I started a thread titled "Discussion about the Trickle Down Economic Policy of the Republican Party". How many serious posters would I get? I would get comments referencing everything from golden showers ( can I say that?) to people saying I am being a show off.
you could probably summarize that topic in a few paragraphs so you would not get much in the way of traffic, I agree. The people who would comment about golden showers or you showing off would be the typical clueless dumbed down American wannabe comedian like we see here on topix.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#62420 Jul 13, 2012
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Sure!

Ya feel like monkeyin' around?
sure! We can have intellectual conversations while we monkey around--right?
cricket

Sharpsburg, KY

#62422 Jul 13, 2012
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Sure!
Ya feel like monkeyin' around?
Kevin

Bowie, MD

#62424 Jul 13, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
sure! We can have intellectual conversations while we monkey around--right?
Absolutely.

I like to talk during.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paducah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
resistance roofing/hometown roofing 14 min vein 1
Review: Self Refind 1 hr Clean person 2
Brittany Jewell got knocked up by her cousin 1 hr Brittany Jewell 3
cowards on topix make posts about a baby 1 hr Brittany Jewell 20
Amber Fralix looks like a man 1 hr Amber is busted 12
Heath High School shooting (Feb '14) 1 hr Jif 502
cab anyone tell me what kind of man he is? 1 hr Freddy B 3

Flood Warning for McCracken County was issued at March 29 at 10:16PM EDT

Paducah Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Paducah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]