Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

I am trying to get information on Lourdes Behavioral Health in Paducah. I have a family member that has been admitted there and I don't believe they are doing their job in helping them recover from their nervous breakdown. Seems that the employees there like to torment and make fun of the patients as well as take things away from them just to be mean. I would like to know if anyone else has had this experience with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tired of it

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

Was there years ago , it was a waste of time. They will do NOTHING to help you, just pump the drugs and warehouse you.
Sad

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

I was there years ago too. Not a bad place but the psychiatrist was mean and I left with more pills than I went in with. Way better than western state however. You do not want to end up there. Very scary place. They had one bathroom that men and women had to share. It was really bad.
former tech at lourdes

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

i used to work there, and yes, i saw what 'trying to find out' has complained about. yes there are a few ppl who get a "kick" from the power trip. most of the nurses and techs that first go down there are wideeyed and idealistic about helping ppl and truly making a difference in ppls lives. however, if you have never worked there you have no idea how difficult it is. the majority of people go in there suffering from "depression" or "threats of suicide" or "suicidal thoughts" and while there are a few ppl who actually suffer from those conditions, the majority of them are really lonely druggies with nowhere to go. That center is there crutch. what i mean to say is, after a while it gets pretty easy to pick out the fakers who just want their emotional and chemical fix from the doctors and therapists and the ones who are really in need of some help.

on a sidenote, the doctor there is a total quack, who really doesnt treat, he just hands out pills. and you know why? its what most of the people that get admitted want.
former tech at lourdes

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

basically, the ppl that get admitted would much rather live in 2 north and escape the real world than have to face lifes problems. ppl get depressed, ppl get hurt, some ppl even think about death (omg!) EVERYBODY gets those feelings and thoughts from time to time. those ppl dont need therapy, ppl have been coddling and holding there hadns through life for too long. they need a swift kick in the ass. no one,, not even the highest paid doctor in the world can give your life meaning and direction. only you can. nobody got anything done in life by feeling sorry for themselves. well thats pretty much what i would say to most of those ppl. btw, ive been in therapy as a kid, most foster kids have. and yes i had some run ins with drugs depression suicide, blah blah blah. my life was tough, tougher than most ppls, but im in school now i write for a local underground paper, record music, and have a pretty well adjusted life, and that didnt happen to me because of therapy or high priced drugs (which i stopped taking a while ago) i did it by gettin of the couch, stopping the whining and stopping blaming my parents and foster parents for who my life was turning out. in reality, its your own damn fault for how your life turns out, no excuses.
tlo

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

I know....right
tryin find out

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

Well it is my mom that is in there.
She was a pretty normal 63 year old woman up until a couple of months ago. She's not a pill seeker nor has she had any suicidal tendencies. She just retired at the the first of the year from a job she had for over 30 years. I understand what the workers there have to deal with. However does it make it right for ppl to torment mentally ill ppl by telling them that they are going to do bad things to them at night?? I think not. My mom is having severe paranoia, delusional thoughts, and hallucinations along with not being able to think or say anything at times and having someone do that to her or any other patient is not right. I am just trying to find her some help and I refuse to send her to Western State. She has never had to be in one of these places ever before. I just don't feel that she is receiving the care she needs or deserves. If you have any suggestions as to any other facilities that would be better suitable, then I would love to know. The closest one that even may be a possibility is 3 hours from here. I lost my dad to cancer 2 years ago and I'm not ready to lose my mom too. I just want to get her better and get her home.
hmmmm

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Judged:

tryin find out wrote:
Well it is my mom that is in there.
She was a pretty normal 63 year old woman up until a couple of months ago. She's not a pill seeker nor has she had any suicidal tendencies. She just retired at the the first of the year from a job she had for over 30 years. I understand what the workers there have to deal with. However does it make it right for ppl to torment mentally ill ppl by telling them that they are going to do bad things to them at night?? I think not. My mom is having severe paranoia, delusional thoughts, and hallucinations along with not being able to think or say anything at times and having someone do that to her or any other patient is not right. I am just trying to find her some help and I refuse to send her to Western State. She has never had to be in one of these places ever before. I just don't feel that she is receiving the care she needs or deserves. If you have any suggestions as to any other facilities that would be better suitable, then I would love to know. The closest one that even may be a possibility is 3 hours from here. I lost my dad to cancer 2 years ago and I'm not ready to lose my mom too. I just want to get her better and get her home.
ok.....question.....did u hear the staff say this>???? cause if she is suffering from paranoia, delusional thoughts, and hallucinations, then maybe that wasnt really said to her at all. It could have been a delusion or a hallucination and also paranoia. Maybe someone said that nothing bad was going to happen to her and she twisted it in her dilusional state. im a nurse and i have heard pts tell families all kinds of things that did not happen when the family was not present....u have to realize that people in that state can also be quite manipulative. talk with the nurses and the doctors about what she is saying and be active in her treatment and care. u cant just sit back and say they are doing things to be mean. ask why they are doing the things they are doing to get a better understanding of the situation. they take away items to keep patients from harming themselves and other patients on that unit. theres alot to pysch care that to look at from the outside appears to be unsual and mean. if you are ever unsure ask the nurses and doctors, but dont go at them acusiatory until you have all your info in line. just a thought
lalala solo

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Judged:

Well I was a patient there a few months ago myself and I can attest to the fact that there are staff members there that do that. I have heard it with my own ears. Those people need to be removed from their positions. jmo Also the dr. there spends no time with you at all nor does he care. I would say if you love your family don't send them there. Try to get them help elsewhere.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Judged:

I was there from Oct. 21- Oct. 28, cause of shit that happened and I said I was gonna kill the person that touched my baby. They didn't do much for me... I know at one point a woman that was not in her right mind got right up on me and the male nurse did nothing about it but laugh. All they did was give me my depression medicine and at night a sleeping pill. They did not do much to help me past what I was feeling and lucky I am in a mind set that after I calmed down I decided to persue the legal way of my problem. Though they did treat alot of patients like they were crazy and at times it got very scary in there because people would be fine one minute and then passing out the next. They need to improve what they do seriously, but at the same time it gave me enough time to clear my head and think straight.
Sad

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Judged:

BleannP-
That's so weird! I was there Oct. 21-28th too. But in 2008! Did they bring in Halloween crafts for everyone to make? And Halloween coloring pages, which you had to color with small, broken crayons!! We got to make collages but had to tear the pictures, because, alas, no scissors! I was going through my Halloween decorations earlier and found this streamer ghost thing that I made. Sads.
And just a word of advice to anyone who might be thinking about it, do not attempt suicide on a Thursday because you will not get out on a weekend! They will keep you until at least the following Tuesday. Or until your insurance will no longer pay.
I know suicide/ depression/ mental health issues are no laughing matter, however, I have to laugh at myself otherwise I might go totally Insane!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

only arts and craft we did was hot glueing (with was put on it by a worker) foam pigs or turkeys together. I think we did about 2 straight days of tracing and coloring because we were trying to keep ourselves from going crazy in there and all the pages had all ready been colored. Then we did about 2 days of board and card games. I actually think the first 2 days I was numb and just watched tv. It was a very depressing and sad place to be truethfully. Though like I said it did give me time to calm down and wierd thing is the patients helped me work through some of my emotions more and better then the staff did. Saturday 2 of the staff members did something very sweet though they went out and rented a movie for us to watch and bought popcorn and soda. They didn't have to do that, so I just wanted to add that in as a way of telling them thank you.
Sad

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

You know, now that I think about it, I remember most if the people that were in there with me but none if the staff left a lasting impression. That's just sad.
tina

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

I wonder if they got a white padded wall room with a thingy they strap u up in it would be fun to bounce around from wall to wall lol

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Tina what does a statement like that do to help or answer a question?

My daddy was there twice. The nurses were awful to him and Dr. Grubbs was useless. He came in to speak to all of the family and had not read daddy's chart. I couldn't not believe it and told him he was disrespecting us as a whole. Daddy was sick. Mental Illness is no difference than any other desease. Once we got him on the right medications he was fine.

There was never one reason for the "Nurse Hatchets" on that floor to be so mean, rude and cruel to the people there for help. We did seek legal advice on whether to bring charges or not and decided not to put daddy through it.

It hurts when you have a family member suffering from mental issues and people you thought were friends stay away or worse yet make stupid remarks...
Craziness

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

I admitted myself in there last month after I attempted suicide by overdose. It's not the best place to be, but they helped me tremedously. I can't say that the staff was all that great but for the most part they were all very friendly. But the person saying the other patients helped I will have to agree with, but I think it's being in a place where people understand you and can relate to u. The dr I had was nice and he listened to me.

“go 49ers owwwwww gettt it!!!!!”

Since: Aug 10

miss paducah ky that is

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

Well it wouldn't help anything it would just be fun to do just bounce around all over there place....jeeze and it would be fun lol

miss paducah ky that is

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

bounce bounce bounce

miss paducah ky that is

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

maybe i outta go up there and be like man these ppl on topixs drive ME CRAZZZYYYAAAA they talking that shit man....I outta go up there and be like let me in the little padded room I need to BOUNCE for real yo..LET ME BOUNCE..may be they will :)

miss paducah ky that is

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

Judged:

believe me putting up with these all these biotches on topixs and they drama..they get on here and talk that crap cuz they got the drama in the home life and there lives just suck and then they gotta drag everyone else down with it sorry baby but ima on a natural HIGH can't no one bring me down and you sure as hell can't bottle this SHit up either! Still be fun to bounce tho BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG AHHHHHHHHHH that would be a great topixs stress reliever for real..lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

83 Users are viewing the Paducah Forum right now

Search the Paducah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Paducah Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
guy gray and others 23 min please help us t 9
womens stories about catching men jerking off i... 44 min hugesacs 6
daymar college reviews by staff 1 hr duh 61
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 1 hr Doug77 5,294
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Anne52 81,204
more Mid-Continent 1 hr uh uh 1
reidland fire 1 hr Also curious 235
Mid-Continent University 2 hr uh uh 146