Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 Full story: EDGE 12,515

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Full Story

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Querétaro, Mexico

#12561 Jul 21, 2012
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>Yadda, Yadda Yadda.

Repeat and rinse all you want but it doesn't make what you say the truth. Stop acting like a ten year old girl.
yes the truth hurts you........I understand......Get use to reality

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12563 Jul 22, 2012
Blair wrote:
THAT'S NOT TRUE!
Gay ‘marriage’ in high demand? Not according to the U.S. census
Wed Oct 05, 2011 14:39 EST
Comments (2)
October 5, 2011 - The pressure to redefine marriage to include same-sex couples keeps increasing. The impression is given that thousands upon thousands of gays and lesbians are unable to do the one thing they want to do more than anything else: That is, have a wedding.
As if to prove the point, the US Census Bureau announced that it would be counting same-sex households in the 2010 Census. In August the Bureau announced that there are nearly a million. I was surprised by the small number.
But this past week, they reduced their estimate of same sex couple households by nearly thirty percent. In fact, it turns out that there are fewer than 650,000. That’s about six tenths of one percent of total US households.
But an even greater shocker for me was the number of same-sex married households. Gay marriage is legal in six jurisdictions. In Massachusetts, it’s been the law since 2004. Same-sex couples can get married, for example, in Massachusetts and Washington, DC, and live anywhere because nobody’s enforcing DOMA anymore in view of litigation. And yet there are only 131,729 households headed by married same-sex couples. That’s two-tenths of one percent of married households. Talk about the tail wagging the dog!
This census data exposes the two biggest myths created about gay marriage.
The first is that there’s a huge demand for it. No way! In fact, there’s hardly any demand at all. Gay couples are not lined up at city halls hoping for a marriage license.
The second myth is the so-called “marriage equity” argument: That this is just another civil rights movement. Are you going to tell me that it was possible to fuel the civil rights movement with 646,000 couples, when only 131,000 had a real stake in it? It’s laughable.
I have never believed that gays wanted to marry. Their behavior by its very nature is too promiscuous. Gay relationships are for the most part sexually open rather than exclusive.
For us to redefine marriage, thereby altering thousands of years of human history, ignoring all of the benefits marriage offers to individuals, cultures, civilizations and — above all — children, for the sake of 646,000 same-sex households, only 131,000 of which are married, is madness.
Gays and lesbians don’t want marriage; they want their sexual choices affirmed as normal and moral. And that’s what’s behind the blacklisting, boycotting, and suing anybody who even questions homosexuality. They don’t want anyone telling them that how they live is morally problematic. Gays are actively trying to destroy marriage and will take away our freedom of speech and religion in order to do it.
Does this take the church off the hook? No. For years we have helped deconstruct marriage, winking at cohabitation and allowing easy divorce. We’ve allowed politicians to pass bad divorce laws and to loosen the moral standards surrounding marriage. Now it’s all coming back to haunt us. But our job is to rebuild marriage as a sacred institution and to stand our ground and defend it, come what may, from what appears to be a tiny minority.
<quoted text>
Good point! Where's the equality in redefining marriage for less than 1% of marriages? I don't want to change marriage law for everyone to satiate the sexual appetites of the few. I don't believe that's good politics.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#12564 Jul 22, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good point! Where's the equality in redefining marriage for less than 1% of marriages?......
That's an odd thing to say. Are the marriages of straight folks really so weak, that they can be "redefined" if gay folks can legally marry?

How does that work?

Please outline all of the ways that a straight person's marriage can be "redefined" by the marriage of another person. And how does denying marriage to others "protect" your marriage?

Your line of reasoning here just doesn't seem logical, on the face of it.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#12565 Jul 22, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really expect him to accept this. Queers don't acknowledge the truth.
You haven't presented any truth as of yet.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#12566 Jul 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again liar........LOL
Or are you so stupid that you don't understand the difference between a male and a man or a female and a lady?????
Oh puh-leez. You called Rose a tranny. Spare me your feeble minded attempt at wiggling out of your lie.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#12567 Jul 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
but the vast majority are voting you back to your closet
The Court will remedy that next year when DOMA is finally put to rest.

El Paso, TX

#12568 Jul 22, 2012
Doesn't matter what you "want"; people in hell want ice water but that doesn't mean theyre gonna get it.

And "good politics" often means you get what you want with no consideration of others. Ain't gonna happen honey.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good point! Where's the equality in redefining marriage for less than 1% of marriages? I don't want to change marriage law for everyone to satiate the sexual appetites of the few. I don't believe that's good politics.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#12569 Jul 22, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>The Court will remedy that next year when DOMA is finally put to rest.
only in your dreams..........LOL

Even if that happened there would be 200 different versions of it pop up

And just like when the judge overturned the California law it rallied the soldiers and then more than 30 states voted you back to the closet

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#12570 Jul 22, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Oh puh-leez. You called Rose a tranny. Spare me your feeble minded attempt at wiggling out of your lie.
Once more you show us how perverted you are

Perverts don't understand the difference between a male and a man and a female and a lady.........

You and the trampy tranny will never be either

I fully admit that he is a male and I call him a male but he never was a man and no matter how much surgery he has he may become a female but he will never be a lady..........ROTFLMAO

So tell us about this lie????

I admit he is male but I never called him a man
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#12571 Jul 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And just like when the judge overturned the California law it rallied the soldiers and then more than 30 states voted you back to the closet
Once again your insanity shines through. When DOMA is overturned by SCOTUS, all your silly State Amendments will become moot.

Since: Apr 10

Williston, ND

#12572 Jul 22, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good point! Where's the equality in redefining marriage for less than 1% of marriages? I don't want to change marriage law for everyone to satiate the sexual appetites of the few. I don't believe that's good politics.
Your right, why "pervert" the human way, we havnt done that yet, heres 10 reasons why we shouldnt have ssm (not mine taken from a webpage, lets see who knows what one)

1) Being gay is not natural.Human beings always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.

2) Equal marriage rights will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will encourage people to be tall.

3) Legalizing same sex marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if same sex marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only ever raise straight children.

8) Same sex marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Same sex marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...

El Paso, TX

#12573 Jul 22, 2012
You have repeated this comment very often and it's no where near the truth today than when you began.

Hunderds of thousand of Gay folks have come out of their closet since that time. Youths by the tens of thousands have been coming out I schools since then as well and the numbers with the courage to do so have only increased.

All this thanks to folks like you who decided you were afraid of a few hundred thousand Hawaiians.
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#12574 Jul 22, 2012
Quest wrote:
That's an odd thing to say. Are the marriages of straight folks really so weak, that they can be "redefined" if gay folks can legally marry? How does that work?
Simple, we're talking about changing law, change the rules and the game changes for everyone.

Now, gay folks can legally marry like everyone else, somebody of the opposite sex. There's nothing stopping a gay from marrying a lesbian, provided they meet the same standards everyone else uses. Special laws to satisfy sexual predilection changing marriage to create new gender segregated matrimony is bad for everyone.

Quest wrote:
Please outline all of the ways that a straight person's marriage can be "redefined" by the marriage of another person.
Are you saying there's be an orientation test for same sex marriage? How would you do that?

With new marriage laws, your church might noT be able to say, "No" to same sex marriage. Keep marriage husband/wife for freedom of religion.

Quest wrote:
And how does denying marriage to others "protect" your marriage?
Right now, two straight men can ask their religious group to marry them. The only thing we deny is taxpayer entitlements for same sex dependent beneficiaries. Same sex marriage is too expensive.

Quest wrote:
Your line of reasoning here just doesn't seem logical, on the face of it.
First, you imagine the consequences of your actions, then continue to think. We might not foresee accurately but that's due diligence, the best we can.

El Paso, TX

#12577 Jul 22, 2012
everyone needs to report this idiot. Let him go buy some fresh kitty litter.
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The only

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#12579 Jul 22, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Once again your insanity shines through. When DOMA is overturned by SCOTUS, all your silly State Amendments will become moot.
only In your dreams........

Ya might want to get a reality check.....

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#12580 Jul 22, 2012
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>You have repeated this comment very often and it's no where near the truth today than when you began.

Hunderds of thousand of Gay folks have come out of their closet since that time. Youths by the tens of thousands have been coming out I schools since then as well and the numbers with the courage to do so have only increased.

All this thanks to folks like you who decided you were afraid of a few hundred thousand Hawaiians.
and the numbers of people that you and the rose ho alone have convinced to stop you grows everyday

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#12581 Jul 22, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, well, too bad your mom did NOT do that to your dad the night you were conceived. That way she would have spit you out into a hankie, or outside of the car window.
if ya only had a flux capacitor???

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#12582 Jul 22, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
if ya only had a flux capacitor???
And travel at 88 MPH.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#12583 Jul 23, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>And travel at 88 MPH.
Yep..........Poof his post disappeared.......LOL
My 8 year old loves the movie. One day they will build one.
Do you ever watch TED talks?
They are short videos on many different subjects from healthy eating to evolution....
Many are far above the kids but here is another of their favorite]Take a few minutes and watch this.
This video is about 4 years old and even though he gave all of this technology away for free nobody has made as much progress as he did.

www.ted.com/talks/pattie_maes_demos_the_sixth...

Here are a couple more links on health.....Be well and take care

www.mnwelldir.org/docs/nutrition/coconut.htm

www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/coconut_oil.html

www.livestrong.com/article/292447-blood-press...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#12584 Jul 24, 2012
I believe in truth, not dividing history by sexual predilection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacifica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Old Gray Mare 56,657
Tour Guide's Chinatown Rant 9 hr rodes scoler 5
Hunter Strickland 9 hr Sfgiants11 1
Oakland Tribune editorial: Public deserves answ... 10 hr OMF 1
i think my husband may be gay?? 11 hr moxie 4
Bedbug infestation at Concord apartment buildin... (Oct '13) Wed Concerned Citizen 11
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) Wed DrRuth 113

Pacifica News Video

Pacifica Dating
Find my Match

Pacifica Jobs

Pacifica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pacifica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pacifica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]