California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,021 - 3,040 of 4,900 Comments Last updated Thursday

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

Judged:

Regardless of how you feel about it becoming "law", you should do it because it is a better way, not because it is PC, it is just common sense better.
SpamOlater

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

Judged:

What ever chickens left thier feathers in my soup bowl?

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Judged:

Instead of judging clueless, how about a good arguement. Convince me I'm wrong. Then let's go take a ship out to the Texas size plastic soup that is swimming around in the Pacific Ocean. Or don't you watch the news. Maybe you like eating plastic with your fish?
SpamOlater

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Judged:

Plastic bags might be spam, too?
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

And these so called commonsensical liberals have made it "law" to encapsulate all landfills, and now instead of the waste deteriorating? It is mummified and growing and growing! The best part of this? It will be there for our great, great, great grandchildren!
Seems to be just like our national debt!
Isn't liberalism just the greatest thing since sliced bread??? LMAOROFL
ParaRepubTBers

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Judged:

What's the matter teabaggers?

Are we getting paranoid that we can't put a decent candidate against Obama So we have to continue this birther crusade.

Even the great Arapio and his crack team of investigaters checked up on it.

The best they can come up with is that it MAY be forged.

Six months on this investigation and thats the best you can do?

Teabaggers are not happy unless they are complaining about something.

Thanks for the entertainment. Even the president is mocking you.

Does that make you angry as well?

Are you going to listen to Rush and watch Fox news so they can tell you what your opinion is supposed to be.

I honestly tried listening to Rush limbaugh a couple times and I find it really difficult to listen to somebody complain for hours.

No wonder you people are so angry.

If I listened to somebody complain for hours and hours everyday I would be angry too.

Have a happy day teabaggers!
Jennifer

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Judged:

ParaRepubTBers wrote:
Are we getting paranoid that we can't put a decent candidate against Obama So we have to continue this birther crusade.
Are you going to listen to Rush and watch Fox news so they can tell you what your opinion is supposed to be.
I honestly tried listening to Rush limbaugh a couple times and I find it really difficult to listen to somebody complain for hours.
If I listened to somebody complain for hours and hours everyday I would be angry too.
You don't know what the word "honestly" means, scumbag.

Are you from a 3rd world country ?{Ca. is pretty much 3rd world, though isn't it?} You're so easily led !

Now go kcuf flesruoy LIBTARD.
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Judged:

ParaRepubTBers wrote:
Fleabagger
1. Any member of the 'Occupy Wall Street' movement or it's derivatives in other states and cities.

Fleabagger
2. New name for Democrat losers...Fleebaggers! Just like fleas, the only way they can survive is to live off a host. That pretty much sums up the whole Democratic Party these days. How can I best live off of someone else? Human parasite. Cries like a child, creates havoc and organizes and participates in public protests when only asked to contribute their "fair share" freely. Litterally freaks out when their Mob Rule mentality is threatened.
spamOlater

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Judged:

Plastic bags need not apply.
im just sayin

Kyle, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Get a life! We pay taxes!! calculate what was taken away!! I'm just sayin!!
Sally

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

Heimlich GiggleFukker wrote:
This is plain ignorance. The plastic bags ARE biodegradable! All the law does is to tell the retailers to charge a SEPARATE fee for bags; as if the costs aren't already factored into the items customers purchase. JUST A BUNCH OF JUVENILE LAWMAKERS TRYING TO GRAB HEADLINES FOR THEMSELVES!!!
Gee, What store do you shop? The plastic bags we use are NOT biodegradable. The type of bag you are talking about is made from corn, and cost more. Also to decompose the bag must be out in the sunshine, which rarely happens in a landfill which buries the garbage. It is time to bring your own bags anyway.
Illegals suck

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

There are a lot of "bags" in Ca. that need to be carried to the dump.
OldBag

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

Illegals suck wrote:
There are a lot of "bags" in Ca. that need to be carried to the dump.
And you are one of them!
SpamOlater

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

New bags are much nicer!
Tinka

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

They should...charge and recycle...
SpamOlater

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

Just stuff the plastic bags in a recycle bin and be done with it!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Sally wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, What store do you shop? The plastic bags we use are NOT biodegradable. The type of bag you are talking about is made from corn, and cost more. Also to decompose the bag must be out in the sunshine, which rarely happens in a landfill which buries the garbage. It is time to bring your own bags anyway.
Sally.

Yes. You are right. Government uses hard earned taxpayer money to subsidize every loony impractical idea that is cooked-up by the tiny - but very noisy - crackpot community. It's time Government begins viewing the health of our citizens as something more than a mere platitude. The high paid agenda driven Government judges could put the tax eaters and the taxpayer provided Thug people to work recycling plastic bags - a potentially valuable source of energy - in exchange for the support provided them by hard working overburdened taxpayers.

It is well known that "reusable" grocery bags are a threat to the health of the community. Yet, there is not even any Government inspection made of "reusable" grocery bags to certify they meet nonexistent health standards. What are these bags being used for between trips to Long Beach grocery stores? I hope AIDS infected intravenous drug using grocery shoppers do not use disease spreading "reusable" grocery bags as a convenient place to store their blood soaked used tampons until trash day and then turn around and sit them on the checkout counter of some overcharging Long Beach grocery store.

Source: http://goo.gl/Ud5hi

Source: http://goo.gl/ALDf0

Ronald
SpamOlater

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

Your not supose to cary them on your person, your supose to put them in a recycle container?
Polly G

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

Used plastic bags! They make great diapers, you just put paper towels crunched up in and tie it to the child's hips. So simple and cheap! 10$ each or 5 cents.
SpamOlater

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Judged:

Carbon equeals plastic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oxnard Discussions

Search the Oxnard Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Locked In Malibu Standoff After Armed Dr... 22 hr Kool 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Orange Cove cow licker 200,365
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
Gay facetime with guys in and around Ventura, Ca Jul 29 Mrrlk 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
angel pulido mata Jul 26 adrienne 1
•••
•••

Oxnard News Video

•••
Oxnard Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oxnard Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000