Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scholl

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 11, 2012
 
heres who i heard is running for school board who do you vote for?

bill boyd vs faye wright vs shelly sanders
or
ba franklin vs tara rawlings vs connie grimes
or
lisa mcfarland vs brandon green vs barbara razor

i choose faye wright, tara rawlings, and barbara razor
i want to get rid of all the old board members because all they do is fight
shelly sanders is mitch millers daughter and he is the one who changed for nancy and then got his building rented by her
brandon green is just made because they didnt hire him
connie grimes is just made because they fired her
faye wright knows all about education
tara rawlings worked with kids for years and years
barbara razor worked with the government for years and years
mr right

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Why would you want to put someone in office just because they worked for the government hell she can't even run valley view
Lisa

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Voting for Brandon Green. He has kids and will do right! Mcfarland needs to go. If its about sports that is only thing she supports.
Scholl

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 11, 2012
 
mr right wrote:
Why would you want to put someone in office just because they worked for the government hell she can't even run valley view
Who?
Scholl

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 11, 2012
 
Lisa wrote:
Voting for Brandon Green. He has kids and will do right! Mcfarland needs to go. If its about sports that is only thing she supports.
Brandon is already ranting and raving in the newspaper. We don't need anymore of that.
Satan

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

It don't matter who gets in there! You crybabies will whine about them anyway!
Judge Dredd

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 13, 2012
 
There has been so much bi*ching and complaning that I am suprised that there are not ten people running for each slot. It's time to put up or shut up, we need broader choices, where are the former educators, business men, and concerned citizens? I am represented by Sandy on the board. Where has she been? Can you not get thrown off the board for missing meetings? I have no vote in the three open slots but a lot of you do. You want changes? Use your oppertunity to run, or least of all use you vote to make changes. If you, the voters, do not use their opportunity to impact the school board
you need to sit down and shut up. The papers need to quit reporting on the school board, and we need to accept what we deserve. The last day you can sign up to run is tomorrow Tuesday, August 14th.
alvin

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 13, 2012
 
Judge Dredd wrote:
There has been so much bi*ching and complaning that I am suprised that there are not ten people running for each slot. It's time to put up or shut up, we need broader choices, where are the former educators, business men, and concerned citizens? I am represented by Sandy on the board. Where has she been? Can you not get thrown off the board for missing meetings? I have no vote in the three open slots but a lot of you do. You want changes? Use your oppertunity to run, or least of all use you vote to make changes. If you, the voters, do not use their opportunity to impact the school board
you need to sit down and shut up. The papers need to quit reporting on the school board, and we need to accept what we deserve. The last day you can sign up to run is tomorrow Tuesday, August 14th.
im a little confused. why do you want the papers to quit reporting on the school board. if it were not for them nancy would still be here and sandy would be writing more checks for herself. i think the letter from the editor in the paper is what put all the pressure on nancy and got her to leave.
Judge Dredd

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 13, 2012
 
alvin wrote:
<quoted text>
im a little confused. why do you want the papers to quit reporting on the school board. if it were not for them nancy would still be here and sandy would be writing more checks for herself. i think the letter from the editor in the paper is what put all the pressure on nancy and got her to leave.
I agree that the reporting in the paper got things done, but it's not quitting time. If the people of Bath County don't care enough to run for the office and do something about the board. Why bother to keep everyone stirred up when the result is that it'll be the sam old stuff.
carma

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 13, 2012
 
thought ba had charges from drug court
observer

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

From what I've heard there were many possibly candidates that chose not to run, because of public perception of the board. People are afraid to be on the school board because no one can ever satisfy you people! I'm not taking up for the old board by any means. They all need to go, but we've lost many good quality options because people won't stand behind them when they are in office. Who can blame people for not wanting to run when having a seat on a board that pays virtually nothing, jeopardizes their living? We've also lost many good options to conflicts of interest. Seems everyone in the county has a Mom, Dad, uncle, aunt, or cousin who works in the school system somehow and therein lies another problem the new board will need to address. Lots of jobs need to be cut and what qualified person wants to cause people to lose their jobs. It's just a no win situation for whoever gets on the board. Just keep all this in mind. I want to see new people on the board, but I also almost feel sorry for those who are elected.
mr right

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 13, 2012
 
carma wrote:
thought ba had charges from drug court
he sales moonshine too
What

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 13, 2012
 
Judge Dredd wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the reporting in the paper got things done, but it's not quitting time. If the people of Bath County don't care enough to run for the office and do something about the board. Why bother to keep everyone stirred up when the result is that it'll be the sam old stuff.
Hey dumbass, the paper's not only got things done, they are stirring people into signing up to vote. Both papers wrote about how no one is running and in two days eight candidates signed up. What the hell do you want?
action jackson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 13, 2012
 
mr right wrote:
<quoted text> he sales moonshine too
select the correct phrase

1. sales moonshine
2. sails moonshine
3. sells moonshine

You Bath County morons can't pick candidates any better than you can pick your noses.
mr right

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 13, 2012
 
action jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
select the correct phrase
1. sales moonshine
2. sails moonshine
3. sells moonshine
You Bath County morons can't pick candidates any better than you can pick your noses.
keep your finger out of our nose then.sells it
Judge Dredd

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 14, 2012
 
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumbass, the paper's not only got things done, they are stirring people into signing up to vote. Both papers wrote about how no one is running and in two days eight candidates signed up. What the hell do you want?
I think it's great tht 8 have signed up, that what the hell I want!
Who are they?
Dilly

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 14, 2012
 
Name the 8
george

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 15, 2012
 
I heard Bill Boyd, Faye Wright, Shelly Sanders

and B.A. Franklin, Tera Rawlings, Connie Grimes, Farley Purvis

and Brandon Green, Barabara Razor.

That is nine.
Fact Check

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 15, 2012
 
http://apps.sos.ky.gov/elections/candidatefil...

The only ones who have filed to run so far are Brandon Green and Bill Boyd.
Parents For Kids

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

In my opinion, there are only two candidates that are running that qualities for the position. Farley Purvis and Shelly Sanders have kids in school. They are outstanding citizens in Bath County and very level headed. Shelly is very capable of making her own decisions and it should not be held against her because she is Mitch's daughter. NH got Connie Grimes a job so it is very obvious why she she is running. Does NH not have enough to do at KEDC? Perhaps someone needs to inform them to give her something to do so she can stop interferring with the school board in Bath Co. I thought she was glad to get away from the board - leave it alone NH and stop trying to keep trouble stirring. Connie will be indebted to her forever. Faye Wright has always had a chip on her shoulder and comes with her own agenda. Brandon can't get a job in Bath County so he wants revenge, Barbara Razor will be a carbon copy of SC and who knows why Rawlings is running. Not much to choose from if you want to see things improve. Just looks like more trouble is on the way. Thank God the teachers and administrators keep moving forward and don't fall prey to all this nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Owingsville Forum right now

Search the Owingsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Reality 149,665
Steve Meadows 52 min Marilyn 11
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Anne52 81,587
Election 2014 3 hr huh 11
dakota sorrel child molester 4 hr well 1
James may and rescue squad 4 hr omg 1
C&J or H&H Pawn? Opinions? (Dec '09) 12 hr victim 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Owingsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Owingsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Owingsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Owingsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••