Officer fired for brutality gets new job

Oct 14, 2010 Full story: WAVE-TV Louisville 21

An Owensboro police officer who was fired last week for being too rough with a prisoner has a new job.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lee

Nancy, KY

#1 Oct 16, 2010
if i was the guy that got rough up,when i got out of jail,i would beat the fk. out of that wanted be cop @ss,take the badge off and see how tough the really are,pricks
Proud Mother-NOT blind

United States

#2 Oct 16, 2010
Did you give the a-- a raise too? That's ridiculous to turn right around and hire him. I highly doubt after such a shirt time he's really made any effort to self-improve.
Dispatcher

United States

#3 Oct 23, 2010
I'm a dispatcher in McLean county and I think he is a wonderful officer an one of the nicest people I've ever met. Before you bash someone you might wanna know the whole story behind it. Not just what you see on the news. He was doing his job

Since: Sep 10

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Oct 23, 2010
OPD probably sent them his resume!! Lol
RodneyKing

Roanoke, VA

#5 Oct 24, 2010
He wasn't doing his job. The entire video is on youtube (like 14 minutes long). He instigated the whole thing, made threats, talked about the guys grandmother and purposely got the guy riled up. When the incident was over, the cops can be seen/heard on video laughing and making fun of the guy after the fact. What a bunch of worthless pricks. The badge is a power-trip for too many cops. In the famous words of NWA..."put down your guns and we'll see what's up, we'll go at it punk and I'ma f@#* you up". The cops out there who are dirty, quit hiding behind the badges
RodneyKing

Roanoke, VA

#6 Oct 24, 2010
Dispatcher wrote:
I'm a dispatcher in McLean county and I think he is a wonderful officer an one of the nicest people I've ever met. Before you bash someone you might wanna know the whole story behind it. Not just what you see on the news. He was doing his job
Child molesters and domestic violence offenders are nice people too when people don't know what they are really like
Glad Im not n Mclean Coun

Stockton, CA

#7 Oct 29, 2010
Sure he's nice to you!!! U tube explains it all!!!! And you can't honestly say he was doing his job!!! And if thats what you thing you need to lose your job too!!!!!11

United States

#9 Nov 2, 2010
Anyone got a link to the video
Mclean

Crofton, KY

#10 Nov 2, 2010
OPD supporter

Greenville, KY

#11 Nov 4, 2010
RodneyKing wrote:
He wasn't doing his job. The entire video is on youtube (like 14 minutes long). He instigated the whole thing, made threats, talked about the guys grandmother and purposely got the guy riled up. When the incident was over, the cops can be seen/heard on video laughing and making fun of the guy after the fact. What a bunch of worthless pricks. The badge is a power-trip for too many cops. In the famous words of NWA..."put down your guns and we'll see what's up, we'll go at it punk and I'ma f@#* you up". The cops out there who are dirty, quit hiding behind the badges
Seems like you know all about it, you must have experience with the jail system and police. It's people like this that think they know everything but doesn't know $HIT about it. You talk bad on topix but your probably a little TURD.
damian pickle

Owensboro, KY

#12 Nov 4, 2010
i support opd if you don't want to get slammed or beat up or someone talk about your grandmother....
then stay out of freaking trouble...i am 39 and have never seen the inside of the detention center..it is easy to stay out of trouble....
Hoo Ah

Owensboro, KY

#13 Nov 4, 2010
damian pickle wrote:
i support opd if you don't want to get slammed or beat up or someone talk about your grandmother....
then stay out of freaking trouble...i am 39 and have never seen the inside of the detention center..it is easy to stay out of trouble....
Amen brother. They're not arresting and beating the $hit out of people who are at work or at home spending time with their kids. Bad things happen to bad people.
rusty shackelford

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Nov 5, 2010
good for the cop, i hope he dose well in life...i want to be just like him.
opdbeyotches

Columbus, OH

#15 Nov 7, 2010
my 4 year old daughter can beat up someone in handcuffs. theyre real tough guys that work down there.
opdbeyotches

Columbus, OH

#16 Nov 7, 2010
damian pickle wrote:
Ive never seen it either but that doesn't give them the right to degrade ppl and beat em up when theyre handcuffed. Don't you watch the news. Hell, just yesterday there was a guy released from jail after 16 years for a crime he didn't commit. Cops can make mistakes. Just b/c someone's in jail doesn't necessarily mean theyre guilty. Besides, the cops are still beyooootches

United States

#17 Nov 7, 2010
opdbeyotches wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive never seen it either but that doesn't give them the right to degrade ppl and beat em up when theyre handcuffed. Don't you watch the news. Hell, just yesterday there was a guy released from jail after 16 years for a crime he didn't commit. Cops can make mistakes. Just b/c someone's in jail doesn't necessarily mean theyre guilty. Besides, the cops are still beyooootches
Exactly, here's a prime example of someone who is most likely not guilty of a crime and they're on DEATH ROW:

http://criminaljustice.change.org/petitions/v...
liverlips

Clifty, KY

#18 Nov 28, 2010
I don't feel like he should have lost his job in the first place. He did instigate the whole fight and he should have been punished. It is ignorant for everyone to be in such an uproar over this when we see worse actions on a dailly basis. By reading the comments above, I realize that most people posting are as bright as a burnt out lightbulb and need to go back to grammer school!!
Smarter than liverlips

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Dec 7, 2010
I tried going to grammer school. I spent years and years trying to go. It's hard to find a good grammer school. Let me know if you have any suggestions for one.

On a side note, maybe YOU should go to spelling school, because it is grammar.
curious in calhoun

Calhoun, KY

#20 Apr 13, 2011
If any of u were a cop u were do the same thing if sum guy was beligerently drunk and actin a fool in front of u!
honestly i woulda beat the hell outta him and watched him bleed, i live in mclean county and am very glad to have officer coomes here...thank u and good day to u dirty bastards
support opd

United States

#21 Apr 15, 2011
I have 2 brothers on opd. They risk their lives everyday for even some of the idiots out there that don't care about their life or anyone elses. They need to get a job and quit living off us. Office Coomes is a great guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
jenn jones 2 hr lol 21
sports clips is a joke 2 hr Great clips 8
Leslie Rae Shaheen-Redd going back to Prostitut... 2 hr wow 3
open on thanksgiving 2 hr LOL 5
Dr higginson 3 hr true 16
has anyone seen caleb basham? 4 hr ruby 1
Natalie Payne (Baker ) (Oct '13) 5 hr Abc123 10
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match

Owensboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Owensboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Owensboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:19 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:19AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan
NBC Sports 8:12 AM
Colts make a change at cornerback
NBC Sports 1:11 PM
Griffin addresses media, says he's here to help the team win
Bleacher Report 2:19 PM
Robert Griffin III Comments on Being Benched by Redskins HC Jay Gruden
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII