Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Judged:

Court approves settlement in harassment school case
Full story: Richmond Daily News

The Orrick R-XI School District reached a settlement agreement with a an Orrick High School freshman's parent, but answered few questions about faculty conduct regarding bullying and harassment claims.

Why aren't any of you snoots from Orrick commenting on your latest embracement. This isn't the first law suit ever to hit your close net community. You have had one employee who sued your city and won and a former police officer who made you pay a settlement. you people in your little world of your own seem to think you are untouchable. Its about time you are showed for what you really are..... The civil engineer W.W. Orrick who founded the community that bears his name is turning over in his grave right now.
Dirty Sally

Oak Grove, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Former Student should praise W.W. Orrick who founded the town, for if it were not for him this idiot would not have any substance to whine about. Plus there isn't anything in W.W. Orrick's grave as he rotted long long ago..
Mommy dearest

Oak Grove, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Has anyone got kids coming home telling about the teachers texting during class and not teaching? There is one teacher that the kids say all he does is text his wife/girlfriend all during the class hour.Is this what we pay them to do?? Has anyone else heard this?
The Trucker

Oak Grove, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Mommy dearest wrote:
Has anyone got kids coming home telling about the teachers texting during class and not teaching? There is one teacher that the kids say all he does is text his wife/girlfriend all during the class hour.Is this what we pay them to do?? Has anyone else heard this?
My kid has told me many times that a teacher sits in class and lets them do whatever they want while he kicks back and text his lady. I guess she was really telling me the truth.
Spuds McKinzie

Oak Grove, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

My nephew asked me a math question last weekend and I told him that it was over my head as I only had general math back in my day. I can't do the pre algebra stuff. I told him to ask his math teacher and he said he couldn't. I asked why, and the nephew said "because he is too busy texting on his phone and doesn't want to be bothered". Hey school board -- are you paying attention to these post??? If not you should be!!
sorrytosay

Saint Robert, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Spuds, why not go to the school and gripe and see what happens...or plan a day to attend classes with your nephew...see what happens, sure would make for a lot or uncomfortable ppl at that place for a day!
Spuds McKinsey

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

sorrytosay wrote:
Spuds, why not go to the school and gripe and see what happens...or plan a day to attend classes with your nephew...see what happens, sure would make for a lot or uncomfortable ppl at that place for a day!
For one thing, they won't let you without going thru a check in process. Secondly, they would notify the teacher that you would be there to visit, which would fix things before you even walked into the class. My brother is the one that should go up there, but he can't afford a day off from work in this economy. I see what you are saying, but they have to know what is going on. Don't They???
itty bitty

Holden, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Mommy dearest wrote:
Yes I have
Hortense Queen

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

itty bitty wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I have
So do I. My kids complain about it and I believe it happens. They say this one teacher spends his entire class hour texting someone. Now is that what we are paying them to do?? Talking about a waste of tax money! Hey School Board--Open thy eyes and ears and don't believe what your administrators tell you. They are part of the big problem up there.
The Trucker

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

My nephew says this goes on. Not a good thing in my book.
Too Close for Comfort

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Should be looked into and curbed immediately.
itty bitty

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Too Close for Comfort wrote:
Should be looked into and curbed immediately.
There is an open school board meeting Monday, march 8. Plan to attend. The more of us that show up the more MAYBE things will change.
Former Student

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

itty bitty wrote:
<quoted text> There is an open school board meeting Monday, march 8. Plan to attend. The more of us that show up the more MAYBE things will change.
I think it would be funny if the faculty was told to leave their cell phones in their cars..... Its your school demand it!
Sassy Pants

Oak Grove, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Judged:

Former Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be funny if the faculty was told to leave their cell phones in their cars..... Its your school demand it!
Well they sure don't let the kids bring theirs and I don't see why the teachers should be any different. I can remember back a few years where they let the teachers drink soft drinks and coffee and eat in class in front of the kids (but the kids could not) and the administration at the time allowed it. They may have a rule on cell phones and teachers, but like all the others, they don't enforce it.
Former Student

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Sassy Pants wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they sure don't let the kids bring theirs and I don't see why the teachers should be any different. I can remember back a few years where they let the teachers drink soft drinks and coffee and eat in class in front of the kids (but the kids could not) and the administration at the time allowed it. They may have a rule on cell phones and teachers, but like all the others, they don't enforce it.
Sounds like you guys need a new school board! Anybody interested?
do-da

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

not interested. there are some good members on there.
hopeful

Maryville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

There are some good members on there who really do care about all the kids. Then again there are some on there that just do it for the ego. I for one don't think anyone should be on there until your kid has been in the school for awhile. Earn your way in.
MeToo

Saint Robert, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

hopeful wrote:
There are some good members on there who really do care about all the kids. Then again there are some on there that just do it for the ego. I for one don't think anyone should be on there until your kid has been in the school for awhile. Earn your way in.
Yes, and if your kids are all graduated and gone, it's probably time for you to move on too! Some on there seem to care but they must not speak their minds or the stuff that goes on wouldn't still be going on. Maybe there are too many bobbleheads that just agree to go along with the rest...I don't know?
Former Student

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

MeToo wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, and if your kids are all graduated and gone, it's probably time for you to move on too! Some on there seem to care but they must not speak their minds or the stuff that goes on wouldn't still be going on. Maybe there are too many bobbleheads that just agree to go along with the rest...I don't know?
Are they truly aware as bad it is. I would go up there and speak to the board if I thought it would do any good. I no longer live in Orrick so they probably wouldn't listen to me. If I ever move back there I plan on being very active with the school in some capacity.
Joyce Haynes

Saint Robert, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

sorrytosay wrote:
I own this post.....yawn. I know pretty boring...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Warning for Ray County was issued at April 16 at 3:48AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orrick Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orrick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE