Hibbing nurses set 3-day strike

Full story: TwinCities.com

Nurses have scheduled a three-day strike next month at the Range Regional Health Services hospital in Hibbing.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of51
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rice Streeter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2011

Judged:

I suppose this will fill up with posts blaming the nurses.
But what they will mean is "Lets let the health care go to the lowest bidder" just like what they say about teachers.
Impeach Obama

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2011

Judged:

Fire the fools
tom

Austin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

You go girls(guys). We workingclass people support you. the ceo,s and top exec,s make million and will keep making more each year why sitting on backsides in leather chair. Yet they want you to do more for less. FIGHT ON!!!!
tom

Austin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

Rice Streeter wrote:
I suppose this will fill up with posts blaming the nurses.
But what they will mean is "Lets let the health care go to the lowest bidder" just like what they say about teachers.
The GOP types will cm on here and say these nurses(who do 3/4 of the work in a clinic or hospital) should be fired...Oh yes let it go to the lowest bidder. Oh yes I want a nurse helping me who makes minimum wage and hates her job because of how little she makes like a teller at walmart. Why is it that to a GOP type a ceo should make many millions with multi million dollar bonuses why he does less and less every year but nurses who do more and more every year should make less????
Evangilizer

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
Fire the fools
Sounds like you have never been to a hospital staffed with H-1B visa nurses. You are in for a rude awakening my friend. Be sure to bring a translator, so that you can understand the mumbling and have an advocate who will watch over the treatment that will surely be needed when they shove an implement into you that carries MRSA or C-diff. I would prefer to pay an American nurse for my care, at any cost and reduce the administrator's salary or CEO who could give a rat's a$$ about your outcome or care.

Since: Jan 11

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

Hope the nurses get what they want, heck double their wages, health care bills will just go up, its like a tax, the business passes the cost to the consumer. Then the same people on here will complain about the cost of health care.
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
Fire the fools
funny how nurses and doctors must take an oath to treat patients that would rather pay with insults and ridicule...

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
funny how nurses and doctors must take an oath to treat patients that would rather pay with insults and ridicule...
Pay me what a doctor makes and you can call me whatever you want.
tom

Austin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

Wolverines wrote:
Hope the nurses get what they want, heck double their wages, health care bills will just go up, its like a tax, the business passes the cost to the consumer. Then the same people on here will complain about the cost of health care.
the ceo,s and exec,s and board members have seen there wages double if not triple....So I guess your ok with that but if a working persons wages go up----OH HECK NO WE CANT HAVE THAT.....They dont want double...But every year they are asked to do more and more and more wokr for the same wages.....How is that fair that they dont want more pay...??? Come on be honest if you had to work harder and harder every year and seen no increase in pay or benefits you would be mad also.
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Wolverines wrote:
<quoted text>
sure right after you finish pre-med then med school then residency.
anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

Wolverines wrote:
<quoted text>
after you finish schooling...

I will call you.....

Doctor

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

tom wrote:
<quoted text>
the ceo,s and exec,s and board members have seen there wages double if not triple....So I guess your ok with that but if a working persons wages go up----OH HECK NO WE CANT HAVE THAT.....They dont want double...But every year they are asked to do more and more and more wokr for the same wages.....How is that fair that they dont want more pay...??? Come on be honest if you had to work harder and harder every year and seen no increase in pay or benefits you would be mad also.
Like I said I hope they can get what they want, just that the price of health care goes up, shoot me if you want but its a fact.
I am for anyone in the private sector getting what they can, its called freedom.
Tony

Cottage Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

These bums will find any excuse to sit at home, doing nothing, yet still collecting a paycheck. Fire them all!!!!!

Really, are nurses anything more than a glorified janitor? Let's face it, most moms do more at home taking care of their kids with a box of bandaids and cough syrup from the local drug store than these bums do all day.
tom

Austin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

Tony wrote:
These bums will find any excuse to sit at home, doing nothing, yet still collecting a paycheck. Fire them all!!!!!
Really, are nurses anything more than a glorified janitor? Let's face it, most moms do more at home taking care of their kids with a box of bandaids and cough syrup from the local drug store than these bums do all day.
OMG!!!! They have to have a 4 year degree that cost 40k to get plus ongoing training. They take care of people who are sick and dying wy the DOC sit and have coffee and go golfing.... They Work long hard stressful hours... Why so much hate for people who work for a living???? Oh I get it you are one of those rich sit behind a desk do nothing GOP supporter.
drunkoncouch

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

If they want more money, dump the Union and pocket the dues.
tom

Austin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

drunkoncouch wrote:
If they want more money, dump the Union and pocket the dues.
If they dump the union they will lose alot of pay and benefits. The union is what keeps there pay at a livable wage. Without unions in this nation and the threat of unions coming into a place businesses would lower wages and lower benefits faster then you can imagine. Where I work is union and has been fro many decades. Our bosses flat out told us straight if there was no union our wages would go down ALOT. That is FACT. Unions keep the workingclass from being poor.
Zingbopper

Turtle Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Take an oath?
You mean like the nurses that have been stealing pain med's from sick patients we've been hearing about over the last year or so?
That oath?
Beavis

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

Zingbopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Take an oath?
You mean like the nurses that have been stealing pain med's from sick patients we've been hearing about over the last year or so?
That oath?
Once again the unwashed masses are heard from...
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

Judged:

Ofcourse real reality is only what you percieve it as. Have you heard that headline about nurses giving their heart and soul to patients? What you haven't?
You know I just farted. But since you didn't hear about it...I guess I really didn't...rofl
Moron....
Zingbopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Take an oath?
That oath?
Zingbopper

Turtle Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

anonymous wrote:
Ofcourse real reality is only what you percieve it as. Have you heard that headline about nurses giving their heart and soul to patients? What you haven't?
You know I just farted. But since you didn't hear about it...I guess I really didn't...rofl
Moron....
<quoted text>
Actually no.
No such headline like that here.
Just stealing med's. One nurse even told the patient she stole from to " Man up " and deal with the pain.
I suppose you see that headline out in California, nothing but a state of bleeding hearts.
And oh yeah, your broke from too many gov't hand outs. Go hug a tree.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of51
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Orr Discussions

Search the Orr Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Orr Music Selection (Sep '12) Wed Musikologist 8
Review: Lazy Bear Resort Of Myrtle Lake Apr 14 Gene Paulson 1
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Weldy 845
Dayton seeks $2.2 million for pot study Mar 22 Joe Blow 2
Hibbing Music Thread (Sep '13) Mar '14 Musikologist 4
Predator Prosecutor MN Judicial District 6 Hibb... Feb '14 Citzen Savvy 2
Defense: Jensen coerced by lawmen during interv... (Oct '13) Oct '13 JASPER TUDOR 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orr Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orr People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance