Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2736 Aug 5, 2012
Your Next wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly you are not silly at all..in fact you are very smart and 100% correct.
Thank you. I do find it sad that this obviously not unintelligent person wastes her life on such drivel. For most of us this is a few minutes of entertainment out of our busy and productive days.....for her it is all that matters in life. How very sad.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2737 Aug 5, 2012
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I do find it sad that this obviously not unintelligent person wastes her life on such drivel. For most of us this is a few minutes of entertainment out of our busy and productive days.....for her it is all that matters in life. How very sad.
How about you not judge my life and I won't judge yours.

This case, I didn't expected to last so long and had I known I might have thought twice and given it no more than a passing glance. But I can't change the past and I have no reason to now suddenly become uninterested in it.

But I've followed a few other cases in the past where the verdict didn't go as I thought it should. I most certainly didn't hang around whining and crying about it or blaming the jury.

It matters to you, whether you want to admit it or not, or you wouldn't be here either.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2738 Aug 5, 2012
Flowers in the Attic

I vaguely recall this book or movie. The first few in the series were good and imo it went straight downhill from there...

page 301
(Opening statement)
The exclamation point was when I showed them a picture of a pregnant Casey who was clearly showing, less than two months from giving birth. The jury had to wonder: why did the Anthonys claim they didn't know she was pregnant.

"The entire family wanted to keep it quiet," I said. "And if they hid this child, in life, you can best believe that they would hide her in death."

I told the jurors, "They hid this child like a flower in the attic." I said it on purpose. We had seven woman who would decide Casey's fate, and most of them were old enough to remember the movie of the book about the four abused and mistreated children who were the product of incest, and I could see a look of recognition on some of their faces. It was am important moment and I could feel we had made a connection.

Rich+ard and Richard must have been very pleased with JAB, in hearing him validate the same pregnancy story.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2739 Aug 5, 2012
page 303
(more, opening statement)

I told the jury that Casey should have been stronger, that she should have called 9-1-1.

"Casey should have done the right thing," I said, "and that's what she's guilty of." We always wanted to acknowledge Casey's bad behavior. I never felt we should shy away from it. Instead I wanted her to own it, to fall on the sword and give them nowhere to go with it. That way we could focus on the big question of murder.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2740 Aug 5, 2012
page 303 again

JAB talks about the CBS 48 Hours Mystery focus group, selected from Orlando "because we wanted to get the most tainted jury possible."

Richard Gabriel, trial consultant talked only of the prosecution's case.
- air samples "didn't believe the air sample bullshit"
- cadaver dogs "put very little weight"
- the duct tape "had problem with the fact there was no DNA"
- Casey's behavior after Caylee disappeared

page 304
But they put significant weight on the computer searches. "I knew those computer searches would be critical, and that I would have to take great pains to explain why Casey was looking for chloroform.

"How can you say it was murder if you don't know how she died?" said a forty-nine-year-old woman in the focus group.

And that was huge. Most of them said they figured it was some kind of accident.

None of them liked Casey. They didn't like her at all. But kn the end they just couldn't envision her committing murder just so she could go out and party. None of it made any sense to them.

And when they took the vote on first-degree murder........Ten stood to acquit. And that turned out to be the exact same number for the first vote of the real jury.

.....But from the focus group, I learned there was one key question that the jury needed the prosecution to answer: "How did Caylee die?" Our entire defense was built around that question.

But this raises several questions and observations.

So they knew in advance of the trial that the critical evidence was the computer searches, and the prosecution just happened to badly botch by the mistaken 84 times and too much focus on Cindy. Meanwhile JABs explanation that Casey wanted to see what was meant by Ricardo's "win her over with chloroform" was totally logical. Was that all coincidence? I don't think so.

Only from the state's case, the focus group suspected some sort of accident. So did the seeds get planted for the George-done-it-but-it-was-an-a ccident alternate account, which addressed both an accident and Casey's behavior after Caylee disappeared? Highly possible!

This focus group wanted to know how Caylee died. But during the trial LDB asked thirty-some times "Where is Caylee Marie Anthony". Was the jury wondering "What do you mean WHERE? You said she was murdered so why are you asking WHERE she is????" which made it appear the State had reasonable doubt of their own case.

It seems to me this focus group was used as a blueprint which was followed during the trial by the defense, and reversed backward by the prosecution to ensure an acquittal.

Very interesting!

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2741 Aug 6, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you not judge my life and I won't judge yours.
This case, I didn't expected to last so long and had I known I might have thought twice and given it no more than a passing glance. But I can't change the past and I have no reason to now suddenly become uninterested in it.
But I've followed a few other cases in the past where the verdict didn't go as I thought it should. I most certainly didn't hang around whining and crying about it or blaming the jury.
It matters to you, whether you want to admit it or not, or you wouldn't be here either.
No dear, this tawdry ugly case no longer matters to me because THE CASE IS OVER. A slut got away with murdering her child. The only value this case has is as a sad commentary on the jury system and the ability of stupid people to make stupid decisions. I'm here a few minutes a day for entertainment, mostly to laugh at your silly conclusions and displays of mental illness. You however spend hours and hours reading drivel and trying to make it somehow meaningful. It really is sad. You're obviously not stupid, but your craziness prevents you from seeing reality and moving on from it. Your so-called life is a testament to the tragedy of untreated mental illness.

“Gerber Daisy”

Level 7

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2743 Aug 6, 2012
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, this tawdry ugly case no longer matters to me because THE CASE IS OVER. A slut got away with murdering her child. The only value this case has is as a sad commentary on the jury system and the ability of stupid people to make stupid decisions. I'm here a few minutes a day for entertainment, mostly to laugh at your silly conclusions and displays of mental illness. You however spend hours and hours reading drivel and trying to make it somehow meaningful. It really is sad. You're obviously not stupid, but your craziness prevents you from seeing reality and moving on from it. Your so-called life is a testament to the tragedy of untreated mental illness.
Morning Tired. This women has no children or any man or woman, in her life. It's obvious that she's incapable of functioning in the world of reality, because. If she did, she wouldn't be here 24/7. Considering that she is in denial that Casey killed her own child, it is a good thing that Rambler doesn't. Like Joy Wray, she'd most likely neglect her kid to play cybersleuth in a case that is over.
tired of silly

Longwood, FL

#2744 Aug 6, 2012
RoseTyler1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Tired. This women has no children or any man or woman, in her life. It's obvious that she's incapable of functioning in the world of reality, because. If she did, she wouldn't be here 24/7. Considering that she is in denial that Casey killed her own child, it is a good thing that Rambler doesn't. Like Joy Wray, she'd most likely neglect her kid to play cybersleuth in a case that is over.
Mornin' Rose. Guess I got up on the sap side of the bed this morning, b/c I simply feel sorry for not only Rambler but all the people on either side of this case who simply can't let it go. Karma will zap Casey someday, and that's the best we can hope for in this sad case. I see such hatred from some of these people. I admit that over time Ron's vitriole, bigotry and lies have caused me to despise him, but some of these folks have such a hatred for so many people.........it can't be good for them!!! I too am glad that Rambler doesn't have children. Many mental illnesses have a genetic component, and she should NOT reproduce.

“Gerber Daisy”

Level 7

Location hidden

#2745 Aug 6, 2012
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin' Rose. Guess I got up on the sap side of the bed this morning, b/c I simply feel sorry for not only Rambler but all the people on either side of this case who simply can't let it go. Karma will zap Casey someday, and that's the best we can hope for in this sad case. I see such hatred from some of these people. I admit that over time Ron's vitriole, bigotry and lies have caused me to despise him, but some of these folks have such a hatred for so many people.........it can't be good for them!!! I too am glad that Rambler doesn't have children. Many mental illnesses have a genetic component, and she should NOT reproduce.
Wonder if our dipshit troll wll arrive soon? Most of the people who agree that Casey killed her kid are here for the same reason we are. They are amused with the four-- Ramber, Toledotard, Poe and Chrissy-- who can't seem to grasp reality. Yes, there are some who are as deeply entrenced as the kid killer lovers, but I have more respect for them because they do understand what this murdering slut did. It really doesn't look like any of the Casey lovers actually have kids but the ones that do scare me because f they can relate to what Casey did then that indicates that their level of parenting skills are nada, nil, none.

I have stop responding to Ron. That makes him crazier than answering his racist bigoted posts. He's never going to accept responsibility for his own actions and it makes me madder than he77 reading his crap. Typical criminal.

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#2746 Aug 6, 2012
RoseTyler1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder if our dipshit troll wll arrive soon? Most of the people who agree that Casey killed her kid are here for the same reason we are. They are amused with the four-- Ramber, Toledotard, Poe and Chrissy-- who can't seem to grasp reality. Yes, there are some who are as deeply entrenced as the kid killer lovers, but I have more respect for them because they do understand what this murdering slut did. It really doesn't look like any of the Casey lovers actually have kids but the ones that do scare me because f they can relate to what Casey did then that indicates that their level of parenting skills are nada, nil, none.
I have stop responding to Ron. That makes him crazier than answering his racist bigoted posts. He's never going to accept responsibility for his own actions and it makes me madder than he77 reading his crap. Typical criminal.
Are there hidden CLUES in your post? Still trying to find them.

I notice you used 'nada, nil, none' in your post. The impostor Cheney Mason (aka 'the different Cheney Mason') used those very words. Do you find this significant?

“Gerber Daisy”

Level 7

Location hidden

#2747 Aug 6, 2012
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there hidden CLUES in your post? Still trying to find them.
I notice you used 'nada, nil, none' in your post. The impostor Cheney Mason (aka 'the different Cheney Mason') used those very words. Do you find this significant?
ROFLMAO. You caught me!!!!! I'll have to watch my posting alittle better.

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#2748 Aug 6, 2012
RoseTyler1 wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO. You caught me!!!!! I'll have to watch my posting alittle better.
The key is to be so oblique & hidden that no one can decipher what you're saying. Ignoring logic & reason helps, too.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2749 Aug 6, 2012
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
The key is to be so oblique & hidden that no one can decipher what you're saying. Ignoring logic & reason helps, too.
Speaking of which...I can't help but admire the literary skills. Though I must say, parts of it leading up to the saying have a certain preachy quality to it. LOL

page 312
(at the beginning of the trial)
Afterward I heard all the boo birds......

(BOO BIRDS!!! LMAO!)
<snip>

The haters were saying, "He did a great job during the opening, but he really flopped during his cross of George.

The truth is, those people didn't know what they were talking about. They hadn't A CLUE.(my capitalization)

The jurors would forever have the opening statement as a map of where this case was going to go, and htat was the biggest impact of the day -- not George's denials, for I would have multiple shots at him.

And that was the prosecutions biggest mistake.

If it had put George on at the beginning of the trial and only given me one shot at him, I probably would have scored a few points, but they would have gotten lost and forgotten as the case when on.

What the prosecution did was make George the central part of its case, and he was a horrible, horrible witness. The State called him a bunch of times, and we called him twice, and each time I got to take my blows at him.

The smarter move by the prosecution would have been to put him up once and get him out of there, but it just kept parading him up there. And I just kept going at him. Rather than just going for a head shot in the first round to try to knock him out, instead what I did was hit him with body shots throughout the entire six weeks of the trial. By the time the trial was over, he was done.

One of my favourite sayings is, "Persistence beats resistance every time".

By the time I was done with George, not only did the jurors believe he had something to do with the cover-up, but they even began to question whether he had intentionally murdered Caylee.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2750 Aug 6, 2012
I hope someday we might see this.....LOL

Page 320
I worked with the guy (Jeff Ashton) for two-and-a-half years, and so I knew his lack of decorum was going to play to our advantage, so I had an intern document every time he laughed or made a face, and I made a video of his disrespectful actions.

Lisabeth called him "Rat Hands" because of his long, skinny fingers, and the team generally called him "Tourette's Boy".
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2751 Aug 6, 2012
What Is Tourette Syndrome?
Tourette syndrome is a condition that affects a person's central nervous system and causes tics. Tics are unwanted twitches, movements, or sounds that people make. To have Tourette syndrome, a person must have two tics that affect body movement and one that is a sound.

All kids who have Tourette syndrome have tics, but a person can have tics without having Tourette syndrome. Some health conditions and medicines, for instance, can cause tics. And many kids have tics that disappear on their own in a few months or a year.

If you are having trouble imagining what tics are like, they're kind of like hiccups. You don't plan them and you don't want them. You can try tricks to make the hiccups stop, like drinking water upside down, but you can't just decide to stop hiccuping. Hiccups that last too long can even start to hurt and feel uncomfortable. Tics can be like that, too.
http://kidshealth.org/kid/health_problems/bra...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2753 Aug 6, 2012
Here again I think JAB is eluding to something other than he's writing about. I'm just going to throw together various phrases..

Page 324
he was on top of me in the extreme.......

I wasn't on a short leash; I was wearing a choke collar......

He was mad at me -- because of something I had allegedly done wrong....

Would get pissed off at me....because of my incompetence...

Come down.

Stop! You didn't say Simon Says , or pretty please.

..puts on a black robe, and all of a sudden his is noble and all-knowing.

He's cloaked with a certain amount of brilliance.

The judge also gets to sit above everyone else.

If you look at the RITUALS when it comes to the.......(fill in the blank).
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2754 Aug 6, 2012
I think this one single sentence sums up the entire Casey Anthony saga, defining PROSECUTORS not in the strict legal sense but those who pursue an undertaking.

page 327 (my capitalization)
OUR STRATEGY WAS ALWAYS TO TAKE THE NEGATIVE THINGS THAT THE PROSECUTORS THREW AT US AND TO ADOPT THEM AS OUR OWN, RATHER THAN FIGHT THEM, AND I DO THINK THAT HELPED US A GREAT DEAL.

This is why I think very little of the storyline is true and fabrication and impersonation was bountiful. The defense and the Anthony family just rolled forward with what was set out to destroy them....

Fight fire with fire.
Fight psycho lies by adopting those lies.....

I continue to admire the brilliancy behind it all, yet I somehow suspect it's even more brilliant than I can imagine since I all I do is guess! LOL

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2755 Aug 6, 2012
Soundbites....it must be simple to take a tape and alter or edit a few words here and there. Anyone owning a film production company would have the capability. Heck, it's probably even done in ghost busting movies.....

Because I think Jose Baez is demonstrating this...

page 333
On the tape you can hear Cindy say, "The media is saying that Caylee drowned in the pool,' and Casey says,'Oh well. Oh well," sounding like she's blowing her off.

There's a big difference in context between "Surprise, surprise" and "Oh well. Oh well" yet only a small volume in soundbites.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2756 Aug 6, 2012
I'd watch the entire trial again just to see Judge Perry in action! Mr Baezzzzzz!!!! LOL

This is humorous, the way it't written.

Page 337
(Jose Baez it attempting to question Melich if psychologists or psychiatrists were consulted during the investigation).

"I'm trying to establish if instead of looking at this as a murder investigation or someone who is lying, as opposed to someone who doesn't have a grip on reality, this investigation would have taken a completely different direction. I think it's critical with this witness at the specific point in time."

"You haven't asked him one question in that direction, " said Judge Perry.

"That's the question I'm getting at," I said.

Linda objected, arguing I had no good-faith basis to ask this question.

"She was evaluated right after her arrest, and they said she is normal." Linda said. "Is she insane?"

Judge Perry asked me whether there was a good-faith basis for my question.

I said there was.

"What is it?" he asked me.

"She has been evaluated," I began to say when Judge Perry cut me off.

"Just a second. Okay, what is the good-faith basis pursuant to the Del Monte Banana Company case? You cannot insinuate something out of thin air without a good-faith basis." He repeated, "You cannot dream up stuff out of thin air and bring it up, and that's precisely what this case says."

The Del Monte Banana Company Case appears to have had something to do with poisoned banana workers in Costa Rica. I guess it must have been determined they could not dream up stuff out of thin air. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2757 Aug 6, 2012
more....pg 338

This happened so often. I couldn't try this case the way I wanted to. He was forcing me to try it a certain way. It was absurd. It was like I was fighting the whole world.

???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 36 min KirkW 11
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr zazz 96,692
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr Top of the day 2 ya 490,362
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr johnplustwomore 1,155,536
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 10 hr flo 70,620
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr OzRitz 49,304
Review: ABC Used Auto Parts $$ cash for junk ca... 16 hr Obviously Obvious 2
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:09 am PST