Keratin hair straightening is flat-out fabulous for the formerl...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

This time of year, the heat and humidity is enough to make your hair stand on end.
Comments
2,201 - 2,220 of 2,245 Comments Last updated Nov 15, 2013
Jami M

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

NaplesOne wrote:
I am having my hair straightened tomorrow with the Q8 hair straightening and I am wondering how much I should tip the person doing my hair. She said it should be around $500 and will take 3 hours or so. What do you think? What is the proper etiquette?
I'm a stylist and 20% for a service like that is proper. It takes a long time to do and depending on how they are paid, your stylist may get anywhere from 45%-55% of the service total. We live off our tips just as a server in a restaurant does. Hope this helps.
Diane W

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

I had the keratin hair treatment done two years ago and they blow dry it not flat ironed it left it in for three days, it did NOTHING !!
Than last summer I went to a new salon and had it done again but this time they flat ironed it left it in 3 days, Fabulous for 4 months than started to wave and frizzy slightly nothing like before.
Over the winter I was going to PR and wanted it done again but did not want to go with it in 3 days so this time had the Brazillian blow out smelled during prcedure and blow it out, very nice straight , no frizz .had brazilian done again this summer very straight, no frizz but slightly drying compaired with the KaretIin. I
Like the feel and quicker blow drying with the Keratin if you can stand the 3 days with the stuff in your hair . Diane
nora

Chappaqua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

I have salt water tablets in my system. Will it effect the Kera Smooth?
Meghan

Commerce Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

nora wrote:
I have salt water tablets in my system. Will it effect the Kera Smooth?
Salt is a NO NO with any keratin tx. do not waste your money. With keratin txs. shampoo and conditioner needs to be sodium chloride free which is salt.
mary

Shakopee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2011

does anyone know a good place in minneapolin mn area to get this done?
mary

Shakopee, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2011

minnaepolis. :)
Meghan

Commerce Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

8-2-2011 just had my Coppola love love it, can not wait to wash the hair. 3 years and still crazy for Coppola would not leave home without it.

“Justice Denied!”

Level 6

Since: Jan 09

Yet Karma will not be....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

It is ITA!!!
Aria

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Dina wrote:
<quoted text>
They have it in SC for sure. I just scheduled an appointment to get it done next week.:) I called Coppola's sales line and they put me in contact with their distributor in SC, EISS Salon. They train stylist from both North and South Carolina. They should be able to get you a stylist in your area. They have three in the Columbia area, so they should definitely have a few in Charlotte. Google EISS number. The forum won't let me post it. It's EISS Salon in North Charleston, SC.
Hi,

I live in the Columbia area, I called the Coppola sales line and they said they could not help me. Is there any way you could let me know who are these stylists in Columbia and how much they charged you? I have a little longer than shoulder length hair and would really like to try this treatment and SC is pretty humid and my hair always poofs up like a scared cat =(. Thanks for your help in advance. If you need to email here is the address: a.non@live.com
Lindalee

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Aria wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,
I live in the Columbia area, I called the Coppola sales line and they said they could not help me. Is there any way you could let me know who are these stylists in Columbia and how much they charged you? I have a little longer than shoulder length hair and would really like to try this treatment and SC is pretty humid and my hair always poofs up like a scared cat =(. Thanks for your help in advance. If you need to email here is the address: a.non@live.com
Bang Hair Salon In Lexington On 378. Michael is wonderful! It will probably cost about $250.00. He has specials twice a year I think Sept and Jan when it's less expensive. He Guarantees all his work. I have been going to him for 7 years and have had Keratin for 2 years and Love it!
Judy

North Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Stephanie wrote:
this is a question for those of you who had the coppola keratin treatment... have you had headaches? a hairdresser friend of mine said that some people have gotten headaches after the treatment. I had it done and did not have any headaches. I was just wondering if anyone here has.
Yes,I recently had the Keratin treatment done. While in the chair,as it was being applied I did experience a mild headache. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this too. This was my third treatment and had never had a headache before.
StephanieS13

The Colony, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

I had the Provana done last week and it was horrible. My bangs and about a 3 inch section of hair fried! They turned completely kinky almost looking like African American hair. Provana customer service had me wash it out the next day. My stylist and I will never use their products again!
Samantha

Bridgeview, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

i got the keratin treatment done to my hair 2 times and im scared if i do it a third time my hair is going to get worse. My hair is already damaged and breaking, i dont want it to start to fall out, what should i do
Samantha

Bridgeview, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

and where is a good place to get it doine ?\
Meghan

Commerce Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Samantha wrote:
i got the keratin treatment done to my hair 2 times and im scared if i do it a third time my hair is going to get worse. My hair is already damaged and breaking, i dont want it to start to fall out, what should i do
What Keratin tx. did you have done? I would not get it done where you have had it done before. If not done correctly this is the result you have.
Meghan

Commerce Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

StephanieS13 wrote:
I had the Provana done last week and it was horrible. My bangs and about a 3 inch section of hair fried! They turned completely kinky almost looking like African American hair. Provana customer service had me wash it out the next day. My stylist and I will never use their products again!
Pravana is the worst on to have. Coppola is the best almost 4 years. and still in love with my hair.
Patricia

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Be aware of these keratin smoothing hair treatments. They contain not only formeldehyde but other harmfull chemicals. I had a severe allergic reaction to this treatment, I knew it was bad once it was in my hair because I developed a rash on my face, a few days later my face was red and peeling, I also got so itchy but I did not know why. a few weeks later my face specially eyelids got inflamed and red. I also had shortness of breath. I went to the ER they gave me steriods and benedryl.I hope the rash on my cheeks goes away completley. I will never use this product again. its bad. The product I used was Keratin Complex Smoothing therapy, its suppose to last 4-6 months. I want this to stop making this product. I could have died if my throut had gotten inflamed as well.

Since: Mar 12

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Lizzie wrote:
I just got BKT done yesterday. So far so good. My hair is VERY coarse/curly so a few spots i had to flat iron this morning. I purchased Organix shampoo/conditioner which are sulfate free. What about heat styler? i absolutely need one to continue to protect my hair.
ANy suggestions on heat styler/serum that work well with BKT??? Unfortunately, organix is not sold everywhere and their stylers are not sold at all. I guess it's not so popular. They do smell GREAT!
Thanks
Lizzie
You can also check this site [url=http://www.sulfate-free-s hampoo.org]sulfate free shampoo[/url], it explains all about the sulfate free list and brands.
Meghan

Commerce Township, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2012

Patricia wrote:
Be aware of these keratin smoothing hair treatments. They contain not only formeldehyde but other harmfull chemicals. I had a severe allergic reaction to this treatment, I knew it was bad once it was in my hair because I developed a rash on my face, a few days later my face was red and peeling, I also got so itchy but I did not know why. a few weeks later my face specially eyelids got inflamed and red. I also had shortness of breath. I went to the ER they gave me steriods and benedryl.I hope the rash on my cheeks goes away completley. I will never use this product again. its bad. The product I used was Keratin Complex Smoothing therapy, its suppose to last 4-6 months. I want this to stop making this product. I could have died if my throut had gotten inflamed as well.
You had some type of reaction and sorry for you but prior to getting anything done you should of done some research. Prior to my first Coppola I did research on all keratin txs. and Coppola was the best and its almost 4 years in August and I love love it and will never go back. I get it done every 3-4 months and no problems.
Judy

Mechanicville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Which gets the hair straighter and frizz free the kearatin Complex Smoothing Therapy by Capola or the Pravana Straightening

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info