Successful day at Chick-fil-A in JAX and surrounding areas

Full story: Examiner.com

None of the Chick-fil-A restaurants mentioned anything about the Chick-fil-A Support Day from the staff or advertisement, but it was apparent by the crowds of people who gathered for breakfast, lunch or supper.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

So, they'll never get my money. They could have remained neutral on politics/religion/social issues and had everyone do business with them. They made their bed now they can sleep in it. I'm glad they came out about their stance and who they donate to because that gives me the option to make the decision whether to buy there or not.
dibs

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Good for you. You do that, while I boycott Targay.

and Queerio Cookies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

dibs wrote:
Good for you. You do that, while I boycott Targay.
and Queerio Cookies.
Eventually you'll have to boycott half the companies in the U.S.
Toaster

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually you'll have to boycott half the companies in the U.S.
I don't think the US is currently ready for the gay lifestyle to be part of our culture,even though strides have been made in that area.
However we have a Black president who has done a piss poor job,and will probably be re elected. I would not be surprised if we had two homosexuals living in the white house as boyfriends in the near future. At least half of US voters have no idea what they're voting for they just vote. The majority US voters are some of the dumbest mf in the world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

I don't know what they have to be ready for. If someone is BORN a homosexual orientation that is their right to be that way. Even if it were a choice it's a free country. Nobody should be able to be fired or denied service simply because they are gay. We aren't born into this world to please everyone else or be liked by everyone. No one is going to like everyone. If someone is secure in their straight sexuality it should not bother them that someone else is gay. They should pay attention to their own life/relationship/marriage. The American people are also tired of having different religious viewpoints shoved down their throats. The younger generations are steering away from religious views. You can be a good and moral person without being religious or even Christian. Two men marrying and what they do behind closed doors hurts no one else. Live and let live. As long as people are not stealing from people, raping, battering, or killing people there are no worries.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

I heard the human rights ordinance in Jax that will include sexual orientation is only going to be a figure head (like the Queen of England) for it will have no power because it is so watered down. It's just a word included. I hear under the bill they'll still be able to fire you if they choose to and gays still have no legal recourse and they cannot sue if they are fired for being gay. What good is the bill if gays have no legal recourse for discrimination? It is a stepping stone and some progress but I just think Jacksonville wants to appear progressive to the rest of the nation and businesses from other areas while being able to still discriminate. They want to have their cake and eat it too. I've also heard gender identity will not be covered under this version of the bill to be voted on soon. I'm sure Jax will think we should be satisfied with this little crumb thrown at us even though we still have no protections. Why is it that it's okay to discriminate against gays and trans but not Christians, males, females, black, whites, Jews, disabled people, and Muslims?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Orange Park Discussions

Search the Orange Park Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 11 min kiss me Kate 1,825
American gestapo 13 min King of wisdom 2
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) 5 hr Bill 116
Bantu banger blasts Buicks 7 hr noshellswill 1
Change a Letter Game (Jan '10) 7 hr Dream Crystal 191
Song Title Game! (Jan '10) 7 hr Dream Crystal 28
Review: Lev-Con General Contractors, inc. 7 hr cjb 3
•••

Flood Watch for Clay County was issued at April 18 at 2:47PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••