Woman dies in freeway collision involving off-duty Lennox deputies

Full story: Daily Breeze

A woman died today in a collision on the northbound San Diego Freeway involving two off-duty sheriff's deputies, who were injured along with two other people, the California Highway Patrol reported.
Comments
81 - 99 of 99 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wondering

Lafayette, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Kandis wrote:
and grant are there now giving our love to you. Rest in peace my dear cousin Lisa you were so beautiful and funny!! watch over us all!!
My condolences go out to you and your family. This is never an easy thing to go through. may some truth be found and peace rest in your hearts soon!
here we go

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

I Hate to say may she rest in peace becasue I think this was a sense less death. But I do want her to rest in peace. I feel very bad for her family She sounded Like a lovely girl who enjoyed life and that is what life is all about you people out there making those rude comments need to get a life. my deepest sympathy to her family and friends. A beautiful life was lost.
Lisas nieghbor

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet she was also crushed.
I don't know how people can be this callous and just plain horrible. This makes me so sick and I am so disturbed by this. I pray her family doesn't see this.
Wowza

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

Judged:

jlw1721 wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont know her why would you even say that! She is dead! What a jerk.
Lisa was a loving person and though not perfect like you obviously think you are,
you should have a little more respect for friends and family that may read comments like
this crap!
When I was assaulted and robbed over a year ago, I made the mistake of looking at the Topix forum covering the story. 40 supportive comments, and 1 indicting me as a "party girl" who must have been "asking for it". Guess who wrote it? Bubbles is truly a sad, empty person.

My thoughts are with Lisa's family and friends. I am so sorry for your loss.
BOBOO

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

mickie wrote:
As a close friend ...I know that this was not her lisa's fault and yes she would still be alive if that sherifs car had taken any precaustion the lights of red truck were blinking hazard its as if the they were purposly trying to get past the truck and paid no attention to car in the middle of highway....she was young and awesome and loved she loved animals,great perosn in all...... officers are trained and held to higher response standards ...they are 100% responsible
Cant agree with you more . They will get to the bottom of this .
I Knew Lisa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

Judged:

Stefanie wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you judge someone on a facebook photo? Who do you think you are?
Lisa was a wonderful person who loved everyone. How could you be so insensitive to the people who are deeply affected by this?
Lisa was a kind, generous person & a dedicated friend. All her friends miss her & love her. This has affected all of us deeply. May she rest in Peace and her family newver have to read the trash wrote about her by stranges on the internet. God bless Lisa and may she watch over us.
Jessie Jackson

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

primo wrote:
<quoted text>lt does matter cause if they were supposed to be some where else if they were there she'd still be alive.
Wow thats like saying don't sell her drinks or let her breathe air it might kill her. your not a rocket scientest are ya?
no one to you

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Vanessa wrote:
<quoted text>
ignorant! Normal people would say something to the effect of "Rest in peace" or my heart goes out to this young ladies loved ones... Etc. But noooooooooo you talk about what picture is on her facebook, etc! How disgusting of you! I pray nothing like this ever happens to you or any of your loved ones!!
To the entire Hylla Family & Friends my deepest condolences go out to you. I was on my way to work when I saw what happened. I turned on the radio to find out what was going on. It hit home because I'm 29 and couldn't imagine what you must be dealing with right now. I am so sorry for your loss again! Words could not tell you how sorry I am.
Bubbles you have no idea how you hurt people you do not know. Lisa was a beautiful hard working girl. Get a life.
no one to you

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Bubbles wrote:
We are out at 2:30am because?
I googled Lisa Hylla's name and found her facebook account, holding a drink in her picture. A real party girl I must say. Let's hope she wasn't drunk when she hit the truck.
Bubbles, you are sick with your comments of Lisa. She was a beautiful, happy and hard working lady. Shame on you. May you never have to go through such a loss.
no one to you

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

OMG wrote:
If they usually state it's "unclear" what happened. You know it and I know it that the deputies are guilty of her death one way or another.
That is still being investigated. They were off duty speeding down the freeway at 75 plus mpr, no lights or sirens.
no one to you

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

primo wrote:
<quoted text>lt does matter cause if they were supposed to be some where else if they were there she'd still be alive.
Yes, why were they on the 405 heading towards Santa Clarita. Their work place is down town LA. They were off duty traveling 75plus no lights or sirens.
no one to you

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

MBN wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter? Wouldn't you like to go out with be with your friends? In the end, it the CHP officer hadn't struck her, she would have been alive. So don't blame it on drinking or partying.
It was not a CHP. It was a Sheriff off duty patrol car speeding with no lights or sirens
no one to you

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Wolfy wrote:
Well if you're in Lennox at 2:30 in the morning then there's something wrong with you.
Lisa was not in Lennox. She was in Mission Hills. No where near the Sheriffs station in downtown LA. I think there is something wrong with you. We lost a beautiful soul.
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2012

Judged:

If pigs were involved, we'll never know the truth. They cover up so much shit for each other. There isn't always a camera around.

RIP, Rodney King.
Dave

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
If pigs were involved, we'll never know the truth. They cover up so much shit for each other. There isn't always a camera around.
RIP, Rodney King.
Spoken like a true criminal.
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true criminal.
Spoken? I didn't realize there was sound on this message board. LOL!!

What an idiot.

Shouldn't be surprised he's stupid enough to believe only criminals hate power abusing pigs.
Dave

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken? I didn't realize there was sound on this message board. LOL!!
What an idiot.
Shouldn't be surprised he's stupid enough to believe only criminals hate power abusing pigs.
Anonymous

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Judged:

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true criminal.
His ignorance continues. LOL!!
Dave

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
His ignorance continues. LOL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Warning for San Bernardino County was issued at August 21 at 3:52PM PDT

•••

Ontario News Video

•••
Ontario Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ontario Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Ontario People Search