Bocci Ally Radio Show

Posted in the Olyphant Forum

LouiePrima

Kingston, PA

#1 Aug 21, 2012
What ever happened to Joey Ranielli and his fabulous show on WILK? Anything we can do to bring it back in the original format of old fashioned Italian American and Rat Packer era music, complete with Italian skits?
NobodyCares

Hazleton, PA

#2 Sunday Mar 1
I'm a Greek. And for the short time the show was on the air... I loved Italians and fell in love with the show. Later on they were probably being forced to play modern music and things went downhill. Where is Joey Ranieli? I hope doing well.

This area has strong ethnic roots. We haven't all died! Or live in nursing homes! No, we STILL lead our lives and, oh yes, we DO spend money!!!!!!! We STILL buy houses and spend a good amount on entertainment. However nobody in the radio business cares enough to acknowledge us. Why when, as a group, we have way more money than the targeted 18-25 age group? Think about it. Also remember that NOT everyone, aged 35-65, likes rap, hiphop, electronica or "new" country. 20 years ago I never drove without turning on the radio. Now I tend to avoid the radio. Hmmm.. When an industry (radio) loses patrons there's a problem! Fight for my listenership.

I remember driving with my little while Bocci Alley's Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett played background. She loved (and still loves) THAT music. The point: A love for this great genre of music can also be acquired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olyphant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allentown fairgrounds farmers market Mar 22 Brad 1
News Look at crimes involving Hispanics reveals comp... (Jun '06) Mar 7 Latin Tonuge 5,288
Increase of GANGS and VIOLENCE in scranton. (Apr '10) Mar 2 Riskie westside R... 31
Prostitution in Scranton Pa Feb '15 Never pay for it 1
Steam town mall. Feb '15 Brian 1
News Why won't IHOP open a restaurant in Wilkes-Barr... Feb '15 Polak Power 1
News Former Scranton mayor interested in Lackawanna ... Feb '15 Tom J 1
Olyphant Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Olyphant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]