Oliver Springs Cop Guilty Plea to Sex with Minor

Posted in the Oliver Springs Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Town E

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 24, 2009
 
Oliver Springs Cop Stays on Job Despite Guilty Plea to Sex with Minor

January 29, 2003

By BRENNAN ROBISON
6 News Reporter

OLIVER SPRINGS (WATE)-- A man who pleaded guilty to sex with a minor didn't have to tell his employer. The catch is, he's an Oliver Springs police officer.

The officer declined to talk or appear on camera with 6 News about being charged with cruelty to a child when he was an Effington County sheriff's deputy in Springfield, Georgia in 1991.

Court documents show the officer was accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl he'd lured to his home after an anti-drug DARE event.

He pleaded guilty to fornication, a misdemeanor in Georgia, that isn't even a crime in Tennessee.

After a year on probation, the crime went away, as allowed under Georgia law.

Oliver Springs Police Chief Kenny Morgan says he learned of the conviction a few months ago. But he wouldn't elaborate, except to say the officer will stay on the job.

Morgan says since the national background check shows no crimes. It's as though the plea never happened. So when the officer applied for jobs in Knox and Morgan Counties, declaring he'd never been convicted of a crime, he was right, technically.

The Anderson County district attorney's office uncovered the information and notified the Oliver Springs Police Department. http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp ...
Town E

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

it is about time someone reply to this i been waiting awhile i thought i was the only one who thought the same way twoface it is ashame more people will not reply or speak up it is like people are scared to touch on this like they are afraid the big oliver springs pd will find out who they are if i ever find out his name i will post it and will write a letter to the oak ridger and see if they print it
blaster200

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 20, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

yah that is bull and i think he should do a couple years and never be a cop agin so u agree
blaster200

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

this is judge meldrum
tired of bs

Wellington, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 1, 2010
 
I think to for all of you above, you need to get your facts straight before you start taking about things you know nothing about. I beleive that if you check you will find out that he was exonated and never was charged through a court and there is no conviction of any kind. I thnk people like you that run your mouth about people who you don't know is chicken s...If you know so much why not put your real name on here? i'll tell you why!!! he would sue your ass and you know it . I think he has proven his self time and time again.All you want to do is ruins people lives, what do you have to hide are you perfect let take a look. If you have a gruge like it sound you do then be a man or women and come at the man straight on don't back stab him.
msg fm god

Wellington, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 1, 2010
 
I think its crying shame that people dont have anything better to do than try to ruin peoples lives like u cowards do. Have u any idea how bad u hurt the children of this man not to mention his wife who dont deserve this crap. Get a life STOP messing with other peoples, GO TO CHURCH and pray for GOD to forgive you. If you have no sin than go ahead an cast the first stone , other wise dont talk about something you know nothing about! DO NOT JUDGE THIS MAN LESS YE BE JUDGED.
geesh

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 1, 2010
 
disturbing...
Whatchmcallit

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 2, 2010
 
msg fm god wrote:
I think its crying shame that people dont have anything better to do than try to ruin peoples lives like u cowards do. Have u any idea how bad u hurt the children of this man not to mention his wife who dont deserve this crap. Get a life STOP messing with other peoples, GO TO CHURCH and pray for GOD to forgive you. If you have no sin than go ahead an cast the first stone , other wise dont talk about
something you know nothing about! DO NOT JUDGE THIS MAN LESS YE BE JUDGED.
What about the child back in 1991 he has
scared for life. The dumb ass should have to pay for what he did.
sick and tired

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 2, 2010
 
The child lied about this incident, thought she would look big in front of her friends. If this were true then the parents would have taken action , guess what they didn`t because she admitted that is was a lie. NO conviction , no guilty plea, no arrest, no conviction, no sentance. Didnt happen so if there was any trauma she brought it on her self. What about the man who`s life is now scared for life, what about him and his family and the crap they are going through every time someone wants to put their two cents in where it doesn`t belong and they dont know the real story like you and every one who won`t leave this alone! For GODS sakes leave it alone and stop making someone pay for something that didn`t happen. Mind your own business and stay out of other peoples lives, this happend over tweny something years ago. LET IT GO!
whatsgoingon

Clinton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 2, 2010
 
sick and tired wrote:
The child lied about this incident, thought she would look big in front of her friends. If this were true then the parents would have taken action , guess what they didn`t because she admitted that is was a lie. NO conviction , no guilty plea, no arrest, no conviction, no sentance. Didnt happen so if there was any trauma she brought it on her self. What about the man who`s life is now scared for life, what about him and his family and the crap they are going through every time someone wants to put their two cents in where it doesn`t belong and they dont know the real story like you and every one who won`t leave this alone! For GODS sakes leave it alone and stop making someone pay for something that didn`t happen. Mind your own business and stay out of other peoples lives, this happend over tweny something years ago. LET IT GO!
what;s going on here what happened, how old was the child suppose to be when this happened you know people are always getting blamed for things that didn't really happen maybe he should sue them for telling all this stuff that's not true if he's telling the truth
glass houses

Tarentum, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 3, 2010
 
has anyone on here ever thought why this has shown up on here? I believe I can tell you. This has been brought up several times by several people. Each time it has been proven what to true story was. I think if your weren't there or you weren't involved in it, then you should not voice your opinion. however there are people who like to ruins people lives because they are jealous or might not be the best for a job. Everyone on here talk about officers from Oliver springs, well those good old boys can't throw any rocks but they are the ones who threw them first. They are the ones who started this. They were told to drop it and they still went to every place they could and how do you think it got to the article above. If you look at the article they didn't use any name. If there has been a conviction you would have seen a name but with no conviction of any things they can not print the persons name. however that didn't fit the other officers at Oliver springs and they have still to this day attempted to ruin this mans' name. They forget to tell everyone that when you check his criminal record there is nothing on there. They forget they have been told to not say anything further about this matter by several government official. I see this is the only way that they can continue they slanderous attempt on his name. How would some of those officer like it if some of their past started to appear on here? How would their family like to here what THEY HAVE DONE. I think I have heard that there is a law suit in the works and maybe that is why this might have shown up again. or was it because something else might have made some officers at Oliver springs mad? things didn't work out as they planned. I am tired of these individuals who claim to up standing citizens running around here doing or have done the same thing that they claim that this person might have done. I understand he can prove what he says. I wonder why they would be jealous of this person, were things not going their way, did people not pay enough attention to them? or was he getting to close to something else going on there so they had to get rid of him and ruin his name so people might not believe him. There are things that go on in Oliver springs that would surprise the good citizens. Have you really look at who runs the police department, it might surprise you. the final thought is if anyone on here that are throwing rocks, put your name on here and stand up and meet this individual face to face or is it you don't any honor or do you even know what that is. so I put it to everyone think about why this is on here and what might to be gain by people talking about this. I think that this individual got full custody of his children and if there was any to this I don't think he would have. I would think about them also before you say some things. I also say to those officers in Oliver springs be careful because I believe "what goes around comes around" be careful about those rocks.
whatsgoingon

Clinton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 3, 2010
 
glass houses wrote:
has anyone on here ever thought why this has shown up on here? I believe I can tell you. This has been brought up several times by several people. Each time it has been proven what to true story was. I think if your weren't there or you weren't involved in it, then you should not voice your opinion. however there are people who like to ruins people lives because they are jealous or might not be the best for a job. Everyone on here talk about officers from Oliver springs, well those good old boys can't throw any rocks but they are the ones who threw them first. They are the ones who started this. They were told to drop it and they still went to every place they could and how do you think it got to the article above. If you look at the article they didn't use any name. If there has been a conviction you would have seen a name but with no conviction of any things they can not print the persons name. however that didn't fit the other officers at Oliver springs and they have still to this day attempted to ruin this mans' name. They forget to tell everyone that when you check his criminal record there is nothing on there. They forget they have been told to not say anything further about this matter by several government official. I see this is the only way that they can continue they slanderous attempt on his name. How would some of those officer like it if some of their past started to appear on here? How would their family like to here what THEY HAVE DONE. I think I have heard that there is a law suit in the works and maybe that is why this might have shown up again. or was it because something else might have made some officers at Oliver springs mad? things didn't work out as they planned. I am tired of these individuals who claim to up standing citizens running around here doing or have done the same thing that they claim that this person might have done. I understand he can prove what he says. I wonder why they would be jealous of this person, were things not going their way, did people not pay enough attention to them? or was he getting to close to something else going on there so they had to get rid of him and ruin his name so people might not believe him. There are things that go on in Oliver springs that would surprise the good citizens. Have you really look at who runs the police department, it might surprise you. the final thought is if anyone on here that are throwing rocks, put your name on here and stand up and meet this individual face to face or is it you don't any honor or do you even know what that is. so I put it to everyone think about why this is on here and what might to be gain by people talking about this. I think that this individual got full custody of his children and if there was any to this I don't think he would have. I would think about them also before you say some things. I also say to those officers in Oliver springs be careful because I believe "what goes around comes around" be careful about those rocks.
i don't see ur name on here why is that
WHATS IT MATTER

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Sep 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

It doesnt show because it was exsponged from his record. He was charged in a way it would go away. If it wasnt true I sure as hell wouldnt plead guilty, Would you think about that.
hes sick

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Sep 5, 2010
 
I think ol Johny boy is posting this stuff.
glass house

Chappells, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Sep 6, 2010
 
WHATS IT MATTER wrote:
It doesnt show because it was exsponged from his record. He was charged in a way it would go away. If it wasnt true I sure as hell wouldnt plead guilty, Would you think about that.
you ever been in a small town in the deep south and you were not from there. i have seen several innocent people go to jail and worse. by the way someone needs a spelling lesson because this is not "ol Johny boy" this is someone that knows the whole story which you must not.i just think people need to go other things with their time. you know what they say "what goes around,comes around" be careful. oh, i guess you can't read either I give my name before, why didn't you, could it be you afraid to?
Deep South

Mocksville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Sep 6, 2010
 
What do you know about living in a small town ? You live in Portland . Last time I checked thats not a small town. And your correct what goes around comes around. John will end up in the arms of a bigger man having his way with him . So maybe then john will see how it feels .
Town E

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Sep 6, 2010
 
Well glass house i do not see you putting your personal name on what you had to say but it does not matter how anyone looks at it or reads it this man had sex with a minor and he is suppose to be a roll model, well in my book he is just another sick person in the world that will go to hell for what he has done and no one but his self ruin his own name not those of who talks about what sick thing he did
whatsgoingon

Clinton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 6, 2010
 
glass house wrote:
<quoted text>y
We are from the East Tennessee area and for your question, no one was rape, i have seen the paperwork and the female was telling several men in the area her age was not what she was. She looked much older and she wrote a letter(which was never seen)by anyone but her mother, that talked about her dating this individual( which she wasn't). Then some co-workers of his were jealous of his ability to do his job here in TN and with the help of his ex-wife started this slander on his name.
How did you see the paper work, are you kin to the guy that was suppose to rape the girl
glass house

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Sep 6, 2010
 
whatsgoingon wrote:
<quoted text>How did you see the paper work, are you kin to the guy that was suppose to rape the girl
now there you go again, where did it ever say anything about rape. you make things up to fit what you want to have people think. you might need to pay attention on what being discussed.
Stone thrower

Church Hill, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Sep 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

He didnt rape. But sounds like some is talking about what happend here in Oliver Springs.Some one should rite the court house in Effington County Ga and ask for the court documents under the Fredom Of Information Act. Then we will all know the truth, because thats where it all went down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Oliver Springs Forum right now

Search the Oliver Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 14 min Vet 124,094
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr Get Real 8,463
Johnny Quilliams 13 hr Elizabeth 11
Shawn Fritts (Sep '12) 13 hr Elizabeth 4
Drugs at downtown Marathon 17 hr try the paper 18
Brittany and William Tinker How are they? 17 hr try the paper 5
mikey patterson 18 hr anon 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oliver Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Oliver Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••