2 DeSoto Co. cities without smoking ban

Jun 6, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WMC-FM

Now that Olive Branch has enacted a partial smoking ban for its restaurants and businesses, that leaves Horn Lake and Southaven as the last 2 of the five cities in DeSoto County that have not adopted any type of anti-smoking laws.

Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2011
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Smokers suck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Funny how Greg Davis wants Southaven to be at the forefront of Misissippi, and he is leading us back into the dark ages. You would think a real man would be more aggressive in protecting innocent people's rights.

Ban Smoking in ALL PUBLIC PLACES.....it is hazardous to those who smoke, and those who do not. Respect the freedom of those who do not smoke. For the smokers, if I choose to commit suicide, and I take you with me....what is the difference? You are killing me EVERY SINGLE TIME I AM EXPOSED TO YOUR OWN SLOW VERSION OF SUICIDE...
Why can't I return the favor?
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Ah, yes, Mississippi, that hotbed of progressiveness!

It is a good sign for the country, though, when it has become news that a place does NOT have a smoking ban.
smokers suck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2011

Judged:

ohh..poor little babies..did someone hurt your feelings? Go somewhere and smoke yourself to death.....
Tackle

Horn Lake, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

As a non-smoker, I don't particularly care to sit around people smoking, especially when eating. However, that's also why you have a choice in most places... Smoking or Non?
Mississippi Magnolia

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Smokers Suck should stay in Memphis- what a concept
azmac

Kykotsmovi Village, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

Smokers suck wrote:
Funny how Greg Davis wants Southaven to be at the forefront of Misissippi, and he is leading us back into the dark ages. You would think a real man would be more aggressive in protecting innocent people's rights.
Ban Smoking in ALL PUBLIC PLACES.....it is hazardous to those who smoke, and those who do not. Respect the freedom of those who do not smoke. For the smokers, if I choose to commit suicide, and I take you with me....what is the difference? You are killing me EVERY SINGLE TIME I AM EXPOSED TO YOUR OWN SLOW VERSION OF SUICIDE...
Why can't I return the favor?
My it sounds as if you are forced to breath smoke. Don't you have the sense to stay away if you do not like it. Besides the bans are unconstitutional and have taken away private property rights which the constitution and our freedom was built around.
Of course you do not mind breathing car exhaust which is a proven killer. Car exhaust can kill in minutes. Smoking and SHS there is yet a proven death caused by either one. Then smokers hold all the longevity records. The bans and high taxes have created hate, crime, loss of business, loss of jobs, loss of private property rights,kids being able to buy cigarettes at any age and some families are living on the street because of the bans. They have made the drug companies and China much richer.
tell you what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Judged:

I will build a restaurant(with a car inside)..and let you suck it's exhaust fumes with your dinner.
If you do not believe that smoking kills...you are a complete dumb@$$.
azmac

Kykotsmovi Village, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Judged:

tell you what wrote:
I will build a restaurant(with a car inside)..and let you suck it's exhaust fumes with your dinner.
If you do not believe that smoking kills...you are a complete dumb@$$.
Actually there has not been one proven death by smoking or SHS. Car exhaust will kill in minutes and you do not mind breathing its fumes. You breath at least 33 pounds of car pollution every day or about 6 tons a year. The government is spraying poisons in your air that is causing damage to you kidneys, liver, lungs, heart and most of the rest of your body. My wife has a Barium count of 250 and there should be no more than 11 tops. Many tested here are between 130 and 190. Smokers hold all the longevity records. You people are suckers for believing all the lies put out and it is costing you and you are to ignorant to know it. I have been smoking 50 plus years and healthy as are many of my smoker friends. Wish I could say that about my non smoking friends. One of my smoking friends has been smoking over 70 years an is healthy.
Your life to throw away and the government and the drug companies will help you throw it away.
you are

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Judged:

a completely clueless idiot. As far as you being healthy, keep lying to yourself....I bet $100 that the base of your lungs are flat on your xray..why? ALL LONG TERM smokers have the same abnormality.

Buy an education for your dumb@$$....all smokers also have PROVEN impotence problems...along with emphysema.

Please keep smoking..you will die with a limp d_ick in your hand..and slowly drowning with your eyes wide open.

NOBODY cares if you die tomorrow..we just don't want you promoting your own mental issues onto others.

PS..you sound like one of those sovereign idiots...don't like the government? Jump off a bridge..or move. Two choices for you.
azmac

Kykotsmovi Village, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Judged:

you are wrote:
a completely clueless idiot. As far as you being healthy, keep lying to yourself....I bet $100 that the base of your lungs are flat on your xray..why? ALL LONG TERM smokers have the same abnormality.
Buy an education for your dumb@$$....all smokers also have PROVEN impotence problems...along with emphysema.
Please keep smoking..you will die with a limp d_ick in your hand..and slowly drowning with your eyes wide open.
NOBODY cares if you die tomorrow..we just don't want you promoting your own mental issues onto others.
PS..you sound like one of those sovereign idiots...don't like the government? Jump off a bridge..or move. Two choices for you.
Sorry you would lose. Have clear lungs. Always had to take the breath test twice because they did not believe the first test. Even the doctors have been lied to. The smart doctors now look for real causes of a disease instead of blaming smoking. The doctor my wife uses took 3 xrays of her lungs. The nurse says he does that on all smokers. He pays for two of the xrays. Now he is convinced he has been lied to. After all the positive blood and hair tests he has done, he now believes in chemtrails.
Now I am one of the people who believe in the constitution. I believe in running this country by the constitution like it did for over 150 years and made us the greatest country in the world. Now we are no longer the number one free country, we are number 9 and still dropping. Your way is not working. But running this country by the constitution means you have to think for yourself and no freebies from the government using my money. No regulation or fees or asking permission to use one of your God given rights. It would restate private property rights. It means you would be responsible for your actions, not the government.

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Judged:

This is a good chance to see what people really want by seeing which places are more popular for customers. Having smoking and non-smoking opportunities so close together makes it easy.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

Judged:

generalsn1234567 wrote:
This is a good chance to see what people really want by seeing which places are more popular for customers. Having smoking and non-smoking opportunities so close together makes it easy.
Sure it would. No confounders there, like different levels of service, different specific products offered, different pricing, convenience to transportation, and that there pesky stuff.
you are a lying idiot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

Judged:

azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you would lose. Have clear lungs. Always had to take the breath test twice because they did not believe the first test. Even the doctors have been lied to. The smart doctors now look for real causes of a disease instead of blaming smoking. The doctor my wife uses took 3 xrays of her lungs. The nurse says he does that on all smokers. He pays for two of the xrays. Now he is convinced he has been lied to. After all the positive blood and hair tests he has done, he now believes in chemtrails.
Now I am one of the people who believe in the constitution. I believe in running this country by the constitution like it did for over 150 years and made us the greatest country in the world. Now we are no longer the number one free country, we are number 9 and still dropping. Your way is not working. But running this country by the constitution means you have to think for yourself and no freebies from the government using my money. No regulation or fees or asking permission to use one of your God given rights. It would restate private property rights. It means you would be responsible for your actions, not the government.
I work in the medical profession..and you are lying to people...and yourself. I treated smokers with emphysema and cancer DAILY. Do not fool yourself...nevermind...you obviously have no interest in the truth. Good Luck with your "sovereign bullsh_it"

PS...breath test? has nothing to do with what your lungs look like from the inside. The thing is, I do not care if you choose to kill yourself..neither does anyone else. Do not expose innocent people to your personal mental issues with reality.
azmac

Kykotsmovi Village, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

Judged:

you are a lying idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I work in the medical profession..and you are lying to people...and yourself. I treated smokers with emphysema and cancer DAILY. Do not fool yourself...nevermind...you obviously have no interest in the truth. Good Luck with your "sovereign bullsh_it"
PS...breath test? has nothing to do with what your lungs look like from the inside. The thing is, I do not care if you choose to kill yourself..neither does anyone else. Do not expose innocent people to your personal mental issues with reality.
I do not believe you as I talk to doctors and nurses all the time. The so called smoking diseases are way more common in non smokers. I see way more non smokers sick with all major diseases. Most smokers I know and have know most are healthy. Most all smokers I have known have lived to the late 70 or longer. I must have know at least one smoker who has died in their 50s but can not remember any. Have know hundreds of non smokers who have died in their 50s. I am talking who have died only from a disease. Also have known many many kids who have died of diseases of some kind. Kids were much healthier in my younger days than today.
So NO I do not believe you.
who cares about you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

I would laugh in your face..as you slowly drown with your eyes open. It is a worse death than the AIDS patients went through in the early 90's.
I have seen it, seen people die from it...and there is not ONE GOOD DOCTOR in the world who will tell you that smoking is healthy.

GO shoot yourself..and save yourself the time and suffering.
azmac

Kykotsmovi Village, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

who cares about you wrote:
I would laugh in your face..as you slowly drown with your eyes open. It is a worse death than the AIDS patients went through in the early 90's.
I have seen it, seen people die from it...and there is not ONE GOOD DOCTOR in the world who will tell you that smoking is healthy.
GO shoot yourself..and save yourself the time and suffering.
I am 68 been smoking for over 50 years and healthy. Clear lungs, can pass all the breathing tests. I have lived longer than many of my non smoking friends. Many of my non smoking friends they try to tell what to eat and what I should be doing and I tell them look at me I never get sick but you do. Shuts them up every time. If I die today I will have lived my life enjoying it, not conforming to what others think I should be doing. I do not even catch colds. I am from east Texas and I like all the foods I grew up with. Most all considered unhealthy today. When I grew up and almost all smoked, I ran into very few people who were sick. Today almost all I run into have something wrong with them, most all are non smokers. There seems to be a contest on how many drugs people take today.
On the topic I see two cities who are going to make more money than the cities with the bans. People are going to go there to eat and drink. Many non smokers will also go there to be with their friends. Business will be booming while the other cities will be laying off people for the lack of business.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

azmac wrote:
<quoted text>
I am 68 been smoking for over 50 years and healthy. Clear lungs, can pass all the breathing tests. I have lived longer than many of my non smoking friends.
Yeah! SEE what you did to them?!
you killed them

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

fnny how yo have some sort of mental issues with reality..can't wait untl you get that reality check.

Besides death, you smell BAD, your teeth are yellow(maybe rotten) and your d-ick doesn't work.
PLEASE keep smoking.....and killing yourself.

And no..rest assured your lungs are not clear..it is like pissing in the water bottle and sayng it is clear. ROFLMAO
Get some help for your dellusions....
you killed them

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

thousands of research papers were all written by the evil goverment to thwart your smoking movement.

LMAO
East Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Has a very large cancer rate..how do I know? I worked at ST Lukes in Houston for many years.
Keep thinking you are ok....you are not...gauranteed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Olive Branch Discussions

Search the Olive Branch Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
attention Magnolia trailer park ppl 15 hr pill-head neighbors 1
Miss. Democratic congressional candidate takes ... Sun The Rogue 2
Suspended from a private golf club (Sep '11) Jul 25 FORE 2
J & H Painting - DO NOT USE! (Feb '09) Jul 25 Angie_s Naughty List 4
A New O.B. Restaurante' !! (Oct '12) Jul 25 IHOPPER 4
Hot server at Ihop Olive Branch Jul 25 IHOPPER 4
looking for Raymond David George Jul 24 tngal 1
•••
•••