Virtual schools increase in Kansas

Jul 24, 2011 Read more: The Capital-Journal

A five-part series about the shift of population in Kansas and its effects on schools, health care, the economy and politics.

Read more
zoo-pop

Ulysses, KS

#1 Aug 5, 2011
Interesting!
zowie

Ulysses, KS

#2 Aug 5, 2011
Wasn't aware of all this.
Ulysses Parent

Holcomb, KS

#3 Aug 16, 2011
A majority of the student that 'were' enrolled in Ulysses have done this due to the raise of credits required. Ulysses High School is requiring 28 credits , this being one of the highest in Kansas. The highest number of credits required in Wichita (the biggest city in Kansas) is 22 credits at the most! So I personally as a parent think; it's ok for my child to strive and be smarter , but are we suppose to be mad at our child when they mess up? Or change their mind and desire to start virtual classes? What do you parents think?
mrs doubtfire

Hugoton, KS

#4 Aug 16, 2011
Will they still get pregnant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olathe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FYI Caption Contest | Get a wild hair to be funny (Oct '10) Apr 10 drsid 15
Midland court apts. Apr 4 Transplant 1
News Shawnee Mission hospital defends itself against... (Jun '08) Apr 2 george1956 10
timeshare advice Mar 24 kannich 1
Watch Out for Kuenzi Mar 21 Woody_Peters 3
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Olathe, KS (Dec '11) Mar 19 Lisa 4
Were the Moors Black? (Dec '07) Mar '15 LION 588
More from around the web

Olathe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]