Next Last
Squirrel

Henryetta, OK

#1 Apr 11, 2012
Elect Wes Fish!
PishPosh

Bixby, OK

#2 Apr 12, 2012
No, please don't. I have found him to be a pompous ass! Well, maybe that's a good trait to have in a sheriff, to be sure! I don't know!
WINNER

Okmulgee, OK

#3 Apr 17, 2012
I agree 110%! We need someone who can reunify the bonds between the agencies in this county! ALL law enforcement agencies are working for the same thing; there is no reason for municipalities to be at odds with the sheriff’s office! I truly believe that Wesley Fish is the answer to this problem! The citizens of this county need a leader who will make the right decision for them and their family’s safety not for political gain. BUCKLE UP PEOPLE IT’S ABOUT TO BE A WILD RIDE!! GOOD LUCK WESLEY FISH MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!
hoghunter

United States

#4 Apr 17, 2012
WINNER wrote:
I agree 110%! We need someone who can reunify the bonds between the agencies in this county! ALL law enforcement agencies are working for the same thing; there is no reason for municipalities to be at odds with the sheriffÂ’s office! I truly believe that Wesley Fish is the answer to this problem! The citizens of this county need a leader who will make the right decision for them and their familyÂ’s safety not for political gain. BUCKLE UP PEOPLE ITÂ’S ABOUT TO BE A WILD RIDE!! GOOD LUCK WESLEY FISH MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!
AGREE!!!!! Time for change!!!
Fishmama

Coweta, OK

#8 Apr 19, 2012
Thank you so much for the positive post, to PishPosh that said they have found him to be a pompous ass well I suggest that you talk to him personally not hide behind a computer screen I am sure he would be more than happy to talk with you and see why you are saying that. I have been married to this man for 22 yrs. He is a great man and only wants what is right for the citizens. Okmulgee County citizens needs someone like him on their side.
hoghunter

Euless, TX

#9 Apr 19, 2012
Fishmama wrote:
Thank you so much for the positive post, to PishPosh that said they have found him to be a pompous ass well I suggest that you talk to him personally not hide behind a computer screen I am sure he would be more than happy to talk with you and see why you are saying that. I have been married to this man for 22 yrs. He is a great man and only wants what is right for the citizens. Okmulgee County citizens needs someone like him on their side.
WTG FISHMAMA!!! He is an AWESOME man and will do great things for this county!!!!
nofriedrice

United States

#10 Apr 20, 2012
I think Fish would be better at keeping his department in order and not costing the tax payers $30,000 to fix what his deputies caused by horse-assing around inside the office. Lack of leadership is what we are under now! Not to mention the huge law suit that is on going on that has been kept hush hush!
TIMETOCHANGE

Okmulgee, OK

#11 Apr 22, 2012
agree w/ last post, shooting bb guns inside the sheriff's office at the fire sprinklers was not a good idea, if that is what ur talking about
PishPosh

Bixby, OK

#13 Apr 25, 2012
Yes, I too, know about the gun being shot inside the department and all the damage as well as the hush hush lawsuit currently going on. And Fishmama, as he is your husband, I am sure he is wonderful - to you. I have met and spoken with him several times. And while some of those times, he was amicable, my underlying feelings is that he is a pompous ass. Could I be mistaken? I sure could. But right now, he hasn't impressed me in the least. Not personally attacking the man, just not thrilled about him being County Sheriff. Of course, depending on his running mate, that could be the lesser of two evils! I know plenty of people who love the man. However, in my dealings with him, which were never negative in nature, I found him to be lacking in character. Just my opinion, and what these boards are for.
Della 86

United States

#14 Apr 25, 2012
Lacking in Character...? Do you know what "Character" is? Character is a man that stands out, has the backbone, competency and energy to do his/her job to the best of their ability. Being outspoken and taking a firm position for the good of the community. A man or woman who does not pride themselves in being one of the "Good Ole Boys" like what you see occurring every day from Secret Service Agents banging Prostitutes to Obama lying thru his teeth to anyone stupid enough to listen or watching Insurance companies and politicians ripping off people with compulsory auto insurance laws. That is what I call 'Character". Lets go with FISH.
PishPosh

Bixby, OK

#15 Apr 25, 2012
I do understand what Character is. I also know the circumstances with which I have dealt with Wes Fish. You, on the other hand, do not. He is very insensitive. I will agree with your other sentiments regarding "Good ol boys" and Obama. I just am not yet convinced to call Wes Fish such an exemplary guy. You don't know what I know, and I don't know what you know. What I do know, is enough to keep me from ever feeling otherwise.
goneFishin

Euless, TX

#16 Apr 25, 2012
Guys, the simple thing is we need change in this county! We need a sheriff that will transform the sheriffs office of Okmulgee County back into a respectable law enforcement agency! One that works with the cities within the county to make OUR county a safer place! I truly truly believe that FISH is the answer! Even if your personal opinion of him is not the highest, he is very professional a great administrator and is not afraid to ruffle some feathers to do what's right! The bottom line is WE NEED WES FISH AS THE NEXT SHERIFF OF OKMULGEE COUNTY!!! Wes has always cared about this county and it's citizens, he's worked under the Rice administration and he knows how badly we need change, he's the first person that has stood up and faced the challenge because some people fight dirty and will do everything they can to try to ruin their opponents.. IF YOU CARE ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT THIS COUNTY, VOTE WES FISH, HE IS FOR YOU NOT FOR POLITICAL GAIN!
reelinthebigone

United States

#17 Apr 25, 2012
Here's the bottom line, Rice has been in office for two terms and it is time for change. He can not handle competition. He feels very threatened. If he was doing a good job and was confident in his work ethic he wouldn't be worried who was running against him. I understand that maybe you have had bad encounters with Fish, think about his job and the kind of stupidity and ignorance he has to deal with on a daily basis. He is a man that is doing his job because he truly cares for others and wants to help the people. He is not in this for personal gain. I ask that you weigh out all the pros and cons of each candidate and make the best judgement that is good for you personally and whom you think will do a better job.
PishPosh

Bixby, OK

#18 Apr 26, 2012
Previous two posters: I do agree with you. Fish would be better than Eddie Rice! However, please don't assume my dealings with him were personal. They were not. They were professional in nature and as I stated, found him to be very lacking. I wish I COULD go into detail about it, but that would give away a lot that shouldn't be brought to light again. However, I am starting to lean heavily towards Fish. Like I said, those I know that know him, think very highly of him. So, too, does this board.
goneFishin

Euless, TX

#19 Apr 26, 2012
PishPosh wrote:
Previous two posters: I do agree with you. Fish would be better than Eddie Rice! However, please don't assume my dealings with him were personal. They were not. They were professional in nature and as I stated, found him to be very lacking. I wish I COULD go into detail about it, but that would give away a lot that shouldn't be brought to light again. However, I am starting to lean heavily towards Fish. Like I said, those I know that know him, think very highly of him. So, too, does this board.
Pish, I'm glad that you can see the truth. I personally would NOT recommend anyone publicly that I did not have full faith in!
Posh

United States

#20 Apr 26, 2012
reelinthebigone is an oratory genius. I hpe he keeps this thread bumped to the top. Just say Bump me and that will be good enough.
sos

Bixby, OK

#21 Apr 27, 2012
I’ve known Wes Fish for over 9 years, He’s a really nice guy, personable, friendly, I hear that he’s a good farrier, he is hard on cars but who isn’t when your a county deputy. Wes’s problem he’s a pompous ass, he’s stuck on himself, he spends more time trying to get out of work then just doing the report. He knows everything about all things according to himself, (just ask him, he’ll tell you). He loves to train for his job, he wants be the best but gone all the time. He dominates a conversation and you can’t get a word in during the conversation, he’ll talk your leg off so you better have time to spend listening to his long stories. Did I mention that he a really nice guy. I’m afraid the Sheriff’s Office will once again be self-centered, egotist, and deputies doing their own thing. Good luck Wes. P.S. He has a hot wife.
GOFISH

Euless, TX

#22 Apr 28, 2012
VOTE FISH!!!!
wiseguy55

Euless, TX

#23 Apr 28, 2012
Wes Fish for Okmulgee County Sheriff!!!!!!!!!!
PishPosh

Bixby, OK

#25 Apr 30, 2012
HA SOS! Exactly!(Except for the Hot Wife part, never seen her, and don't care) Everything else you said is true, and the point I've been trying to make without saying it, apparently. But hey, I guess they want a "good" guy in there, instead of a qualified guy. Maybe both are hard to come by!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Okmulgee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oklahoma D.O.T. workers caught RED-HANDED steal... (Jun '14) 6 hr Got Tiger on my Ass 9
Indian Campaign Signs & State Highway Departm... 6 hr 3rd Chief 5
Okmulgee Police are PIGS 6 hr OPD 16
Dewar (Mar '09) 6 hr fuckthepolice 10
rapist. Mon Bye_Felicia 3
Okmulgee City Manager (Oct '13) Dec 3 Roger Ballenger 12
Google Malcolm H. Branch & read about candidate... Dec 2 OG Thompson 2
Okmulgee Dating
Find my Match

Okmulgee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Okmulgee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Okmulgee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:58 am PST

ESPN 9:58AM
On-mend Murray with Cowboys for player drills
NBC Sports10:16 AM
DeMarco Murray practices on Wednesday
NBC Sports10:45 AM
How will DeMarco Murray fare with injured hand?
Yahoo! Sports11:00 AM
Two days after surgery, DeMarco Murray practices
NFL 1:47 PM
One Preview: Passing and rushing yardage leaders meet in Big D