|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Watertown man sentenced to 20 years in federal prison for drug possession
By BRIAN KELLY
TIMES STAFF WRITER
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2012

A Watertown man was sentenced Thursday in U.S. District Court, Syracuse, to more than 20 years in federal prison for his role in a drug trafficking conspiracy that moved cocaine between Watertown and Ogdensburg.

Tyrone K. Felder, 30, was sentenced to 262 months’ imprisonment, followed by eight years of post-release supervision, for a Sept. 27 guilty plea to a charge that he possessed more than 500 grams of a substance containing cocaine.

According to court documents, Mr. Felder admitted that he received powder cocaine from New York City on behalf of Jermaine V. Branford, also of Watertown, and cooked it into crack cocaine. He denied that he assisted Mr. Branford in distributing the drug, but admitted that he was distributing it on his own.

In all, 11 people were charged with trafficking powder cocaine from the New York City area to Syracuse and then to Watertown, where the drug was cooked into crack cocaine at various locations, according to court documents. Proceeds from the sales of the drug in Watertown and Ogdensburg were then used to buy more cocaine in New York City, it was alleged.

According to court documents, Mr. Branford came to Watertown from Brooklyn with two of his neighbors, Enal C. LaRose and Travis J. Battice, and began bringing cocaine into the area for distribution. While Mr. Felder was also born in Brooklyn, he did not meet the other three men until he moved to Watertown from Utica.

Mr. Branford pleaded guilty Feb. 16, 2011, to drug possession and faces up to a life sentence and $8 million fine at sentencing March 7. Mr. LaRose pleaded guilty in May and was sentenced in October to 12½ years in federal prison. Mr. Battice pleaded guilty in March and was sentenced Dec. 6 to 8½ years’ imprisonment.

Also, Arron Gunn, address not available, pleaded guilty in July and was sentenced Nov. 7 to five years in prison, and Mizair Licona, New York City, was sentenced Dec. 6 to 8½ years. Tammy Vinch, Ogdensburg, pleaded guilty Oct. 7 and faces a minimum sentence of five years in prison and a maximum sentence of 40 years at sentencing March 1. Evarda E. Baron, New York City, pleaded guilty in March and was sentenced Sept. 6 to six months in prison.

Charges against Heather L. Lafave, Ogdensburg, Patrick McIntyre, Syracuse, and Semeathea Leake, address not available, were dismissed.

Mr. Felder also appeared in Jefferson County Court on Friday, where he pleaded guilty to third-degree attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance and third-degree attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance as a result of two separate incidents. He had been charged in grand jury indictments handed up in April 2010 with having and selling cocaine and in May 2010 with possessing cocaine.

He is expected to be sentenced April 20 to state prison, although his sentence will likely run concurrently with his federal sentence.

http://www.ogd.com/article/20120218/OGD01/702...
Rat alert

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Tammy Vinch, Ogdensburg, pleaded guilty Oct. 7 and faces a minimum sentence of five years in prison and a maximum sentence of 40 years at sentencing March 1.

Charges against Heather L. Lafave, Ogdensburg, Patrick McIntyre, Syracuse, and Semeathea Leake, address not available, were dismissed.

http://www.ogd.com/article/20120218/OGD01/702...
Black Lake Bitch

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

I think you need to find a more reliable source. Heather Lafave was just sentenced to more than Tyrone got! NOT DISMISSED!!! Tammy Vinch is free
Deal or no deal

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Oh gee sorry I forgot it was only a joint that time,not like the last time
unlucky

Cuba, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

The only deals that should get made are ones for pot.
The harder drugs should get at least one full year of jail. System is way too easy, that's why many like to deal.
rose miller

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

sell crack to kids
afb

Constantia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

a more reliable source than the newspaper ??? or northcountrynow.com ??

i'm thinking they're pretty reliable.
why don't you google it before questioning other psople's sources.

i loooove heather...she's a good friend of mine, but i read it too...
longler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

not sell crack
Sarah the ashtray Ashley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

why isnt my name on here..i was with tammy and we both testified agaisnt these colored boys..i usead to screw to one dude for crack but then ratted him out.
Sarah

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

Sarah the ashtray Ashley wrote:
why isnt my name on here..i was with tammy and we both testified agaisnt these colored boys..i usead to screw to one dude for crack but then ratted him out.
yes i did an your next
Keep Clean

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

What boggles my mind is the repeaters. You think you would learn but they never do. If i ever spent one night behind bars, i would never make that mistake again.
Black Lake Bitch

Gouverneur, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

afb wrote:
a more reliable source than the newspaper ??? or northcountrynow.com ??
i'm thinking they're pretty reliable.
why don't you google it before questioning other psople's sources.
i loooove heather...she's a good friend of mine, but i read it too...
I guess Heather was mistaken about her sentence. She told me herself in her last letter. Here is the Watertown article.
Ogdensburg woman sentenced to federal prison for cocaine-conspiracy role
By BRIAN KELLY
TIMES STAFF WRITER
FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2012

An Ogdensburg woman was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court, Syracuse, to two years in federal prison for her role in a drug-trafficking operation that moved cocaine between Watertown and Ogdensburg.

Tammy A. Vinch, 36, address not available, also was ordered to undergo an additional four years of supervision upon her release for an Oct. 7 guilty plea to conspiracy to possess with the intent to distribute 28 grams or more of crack cocaine.

According to court documents, she admitted that from April 2008 to January 2010, she worked as a driver for a drug-trafficking operation and was paid to drive co-conspirators carrying large quantities of crack cocaine from Watertown to her home in Ogdensburg.

After driving the co-conspirators to her home, she allowed them to sell street-level quantities of cocaine from her residence in exchange for payment in cash or cocaine. She also located and brought customers to her residence to buy cocaine from the co-conspirators.

In all, 11 people were charged with trafficking powder cocaine from the New York City area to Syracuse and then to Watertown, where the drug was cooked into crack cocaine at various locations, according to court documents. Proceeds from the sales of the drug in Watertown and Ogdensburg then were used to buy more cocaine in New York City, it was alleged.

Tyrone K. Felder, 30, Watertown, was sentenced Feb. 16 to more than 20 years in prison for his role, and Jermaine V. Branford, also of Watertown, faces up to life in prison and an $8 million fine at sentencing March 29, for their roles in the conspiracy.

Also, Enal C. LaRose, Brooklyn, was sentenced in October to 12½ years in prison, while Travis J. Battice, also of Brooklyn, was sentenced in December to 8½ years’ imprisonment.

A second Ogdensburg woman, Heather L. Lafave, was sentenced in February to 10 years in prison, while Mizair Licona, New York City, was sentenced in December to 8½ years.

Also, Arron Gunn, Brooklyn, was sentenced in November to five years; Semeathea Leake-Roberts, formerly of Watertown, was sentenced in February to four years; Timothy McIntyre, Syracuse, was sentenced in January to three years, and Evarda E. Baron, New York City, was sentenced in September to six months.
Like I said...GET A BETTER SOURCE.
kKk TheReal BoyzInTheHood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Anyone see a common denominator here?

Hint: Also known as Alabama Windchimes.
yes man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

rose miller wrote:
sell crack to kids
her an her new man sell crack at kozy
this is sad

Earlsboro, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Heather is a great person at heart and hilarious. Anyone know where I could write her at?
this is sad

Earlsboro, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Also Heather is far from a rat. I was in county with her and I've seen the letters from her lawyer she would NOT cooperate in anyway. She is one of the few people caught up like that who is still good on her word. If only more people were like her!
tall and bald

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Me like crack :D
burgy

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Who cares its good they got caught if they weren't doing illegal activity they wouldn't have to worry about a rat grow up and get a real job and stop trafficking
I dont care

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

burgy wrote:
Who cares its good they got caught if they weren't doing illegal activity they wouldn't have to worry about a rat grow up and get a real job and stop trafficking
I got a real job, but I also sell at work. It works out great for all involved. I don't care if I get caught. If I do I will be back, and I will do it all over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Ogdensburg Forum right now

Search the Ogdensburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Workplace Bullying 27 min Internal Control 7
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr positronium 6,185
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr positronium 6,287
Who is the biggest mooch in the burg? (Jul '10) 1 hr michelle christian 56
Scott Bennett 1 hr Scottie to hottie 2
What is she hated so much?? 2 hr Framily 1
kevin carmody status? Fri it is so 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ogdensburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••