border patrol pot copter

Posted in the Ogdensburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pissed citizen

Oswego, NY

#1 May 17, 2013
so the border patrol pot copter was out yesterday flying over trees an looking in peoples back yards !!! couple of problems with this , do they really have enough money for joy riding , did they not notice that the leaves on the trees just sprouted, people don't even have there tomatoes in yet, also isn't there a sequestration going on u know budget cuts but i guess the still got money for the pot copter , who is in charge of the pot copter , who makes the decision to launch the thing an tell them to go look for pot ,did they tell them that ny is headed for medical marijuana which is going to allow card holders to have two plants in there backyards , there has never been a major marijuana plant bust around here only small number plant busts does the money wasted really justify the means ,so i guess it was a last ditch effort , i think they should be looking for terrorists ,ya that's a funny one like they have ever found any terrorists wtf do they actually do i would almost say they are the terrorists ....
spunk

Ogdensburg, NY

#2 May 17, 2013
were do you get yer info from that it is a pot copter i thought it was the military
pissed citizen

Oswego, NY

#3 May 17, 2013
blue white with infer red camera under it ,,, pot copter
yup

Washington, DC

#4 May 17, 2013
pissed citizen. get a life. worry about real things. and stop growing plants in your back yard scumbag
report it

Saranac Lake, NY

#5 May 18, 2013
If your so concerned call the authorities. No one cares unless they have something to hide. Hope they find what they are looking for.
pissed citizen wrote:
so the border patrol pot copter was out yesterday flying over trees an looking in peoples back yards !!! couple of problems with this , do they really have enough money for joy riding , did they not notice that the leaves on the trees just sprouted, people don't even have there tomatoes in yet, also isn't there a sequestration going on u know budget cuts but i guess the still got money for the pot copter , who is in charge of the pot copter , who makes the decision to launch the thing an tell them to go look for pot ,did they tell them that ny is headed for medical marijuana which is going to allow card holders to have two plants in there backyards , there has never been a major marijuana plant bust around here only small number plant busts does the money wasted really justify the means ,so i guess it was a last ditch effort , i think they should be looking for terrorists ,ya that's a funny one like they have ever found any terrorists wtf do they actually do i would almost say they are the terrorists ....
idiot

Washington, DC

#6 May 18, 2013
Well...Since a BP chopper would be white and green...Maybe you should try again....???
Nutrients

Oneida, NY

#7 May 18, 2013
Head for the adirondaks to grow you'll never see a copter. Too much ground for them to cover there.
URSTooPID

Ogdensburg, NY

#8 May 20, 2013
Aint no copters flying for pot till late Aug. No major drug busts sunshine.....research operation medusa.
wa wa wa

Lake Placid, NY

#9 May 20, 2013
its called my tax money at work,,,,,you dont work so its not your money,,,,, keep up the good work boys boys bust em all.........
News flash

Lake Placid, NY

#10 May 20, 2013
Excuse me tax payer some people work & grow pot!
Jimmy pike

East Granby, CT

#11 May 20, 2013
All you have to do is be a nark and you can grow all the pot you want
Operation 5 years ago

East Granby, CT

#12 May 20, 2013
You say research operation medusa? That bust happened over 5 yrs ago. I hope your real proud you have to mention something that went down over 5yrs ago to make yourself seem useful. The general population loves pot and growing it. The government Does not want people to make money from growing so they hire you nazi like agents to violate our rights for a paycheck. If you work for dhs you may as well consider yourself on welfare because our economy and people don't have the money to pay you. It comes from thin air and adds to our debt. So by working for the govt your taking away from you grand kids opportunities. And contributing to the downfall of our great nation!
Name Names

Lake Placid, NY

#13 May 20, 2013
Jimmy pike wrote:
All you have to do is be a nark and you can grow all the pot you want
Toad Cameron n the list goes on
Marcy BigTeeth

Ogdensburg, NY

#14 May 20, 2013
wa wa wa wrote:
its called my tax money at work,,,,,you dont work so its not your money,,,,, keep up the good work boys boys bust em all.........
Listen to how stupid you sound, "MY TAX MONEY" would be better spent educating idiots and fools like you!
*Fact: Marijuana has been shown to be effective in reducing the nausea induced by cancer chemotherapy, stimulating appetite in AIDS patients, and reducing intraocular pressure in people with glaucoma. There is also appreciable evidence that marijuana reduces muscle spasticity in patients with neurological disorders.

*Fact:
Marijuana does not cause people to use hard drugs. What the gateway theory presents as a causal explanation is a statistic association between common and uncommon drugs, an association that changes over time as different drugs increase and decrease in prevalence. Marijuana is the most popular illegal drug in the United States today. Therefore, people who have used less popular drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and LSD, are likely to have also used marijuana. Most marijuana users never use any other illegal drug. Indeed, for the large majority of people, marijuana is a terminus rather than a gateway drug.
Name Names

Lake Placid, NY

#15 May 20, 2013
wa wa wa wrote:
u r an idiot if u think people who have a job n pay taxes that they don't grow pot, get a clue lol
Marcy BigTeeth

Ogdensburg, NY

#16 May 20, 2013
Are we about to see the end of the war on drugs?

Following ballot measures last November, producing and selling marijuana are now legal in both Colorado and Washington state. Several other U.S. states have decriminalized simple possession of marijuana, or allowed its medical usage. The latter is also the case in Canada.

The financial consequences of a complete and general legalization across the continent would certainly be huge.

Over the past couple of decades, billions of dollars have been spent fighting this unwinnable war, which has fuelled corruption, organized crime, and violence. Thousands of people are killed in drug fights every year in Mexico. In Canada and the U.S., it has justified growing government intrusion in commercial and private life, from the money-laundering bureaucracies to civil forfeiture laws.

Despite this, recreational use of drugs is as popular as ever.

The simple economic fact is that when there is a demand, a supply will be forthcoming — legally or illegally. We should therefore reconcile ourselves with what economists call “consumer sovereignty,” that is, let people consume what they want, and let’s prosecute only real crimes.

From an economic perspective, it would be a lot more profitable for everyone if we stopped wasting resources trying to suppress this trade, and instead let it develop legitimately and have governments regulate and tax it. I don’t like taxes, but in that case, that would mean a huge improvement in terms of economic efficiency.

In British Columbia only, where a lot of marijuana is illicitly being grown, legalization could generate $2.5 billion in government tax and licensing revenues over five years, according to a recent research paper from Simon Fraser University.

Both the Wall Street Journal and The Economist have been convincingly arguing for many years against the war on drugs. And for the first time in more than four decades of polling on the issue, a majority of Americans now favour legalizing the use of marijuana. In Canada, public support has also been high for several years.

My point is not that drug consumption is a good thing or that I encourage it, but merely that any rational person can see that the current policy has not been a success despite all the money spent and all the people jailed. It is high time we rethink our strategy in this regard. Let’s end the war on pot and make money with it instead.
Marcy BigTeeth

Ogdensburg, NY

#17 May 20, 2013
William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.
In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.
THE CONSPIRACY
Andrew Mellon became Hoover's Secretary of the Treasury and Dupont's primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
Secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons. Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their billion dollar enterprises. For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go. These men took an obscure Mexican slang word:'marihuana' and pushed it into the consciousness of America.
MEDIA MANIPULATION
A media blitz of 'yellow journalism' raged in the late 1920s and 1930s. Hearst's newspapers ran stories emphasizing the horrors of marihuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines. Readers learned that it was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morality.
Films like 'Reefer Madness'(1936),'Marihuana: Assassin of Youth'(1935) and 'Marihuana: The Devil's Weed'(1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. Their purpose was to gain public support so that anti-marihuana laws could be passed.
Examine the following quotes from 'The Burning Question' aka REEFER MADNESS:
•a violent narcotic.
•acts of shocking violence.
•incurable insanity.
•soul-destroying effects.
•under the influence of the drug he killed his entire family with an ax.
•more vicious, more deadly even than these soul-destroying drugs (heroin, cocaine) is the menace of marihuana!
Reefer Madness did not end with the usual 'the end.' The film concluded with these words plastered on the screen: TELL YOUR CHILDREN.
In the 1930s, people were very naive; even to the point of ignorance. The masses were like sheep waiting to be led by the few in power. They did not challenge authority. If the news was in print or on the radio, they believed it had to be true. They told their children and their children grew up to be the parents of the baby-boomers.
On April 14, 1937, the Prohibitive Marihuana Tax Law or the bill that outlawed hemp was directly brought to the House Ways and Means Committee. This committee is the only one that can introduce a bill to the House floor without it being debated by other committees. The Chairman of the Ways and Means, Robert Doughton, was a Dupont supporter. He insured that the bill would pass Congress.
Dr. James Woodward, a physician and attorney, testified too late on behalf of the American Medical Association. He told the committee that the reason the AMA had not denounced the Marihuana Tax Law sooner was that the Association had just discovered that marihuana was hemp.
Few people, at the time, realized that the deadly menace they had been reading about on Hearst's front pages was in fact passive hemp. The AMA understood cannabis to be a MEDICINE found in numerous healing products sold over the last hundred years.
In September of 1937, hemp became illegal. The most useful crop known became a drug and our planet has been suffering ever since.
what a piece of work

Ogdensburg, NY

#18 May 20, 2013
pissed citizen wrote:
blue white with infer red camera under it ,,, pot copter
The Pot copter is from the New York State Police. When they are looking for weed, they have one in the air telling the four wheelers on the ground where to go. Then they have trucks on the side of the road, waiting for the four wheelers to come out and deposit thier haul, in the back of thier trucks. This post was created by pissed citizen because she is bored again, and this is her way to get people to talk to her. There was a helicopter in the air the other day, but it was privitly owned. They had to land here because of high winds. I saw it in the air and the wind was blowing it all over the place, it is a wonder the pilot was able to keep control.
what a piece of work

Ogdensburg, NY

#19 May 20, 2013
Marcy BigTeeth wrote:
Are we about to see the end of the war on drugs?
Following ballot measures last November, producing and selling marijuana are now legal in both Colorado and Washington state. Several other U.S. states have decriminalized simple possession of marijuana, or allowed its medical usage. The latter is also the case in Canada.
The financial consequences of a complete and general legalization across the continent would certainly be huge.
Over the past couple of decades, billions of dollars have been spent fighting this unwinnable war, which has fuelled corruption, organized crime, and violence. Thousands of people are killed in drug fights every year in Mexico. In Canada and the U.S., it has justified growing government intrusion in commercial and private life, from the money-laundering bureaucracies to civil forfeiture laws.
Despite this, recreational use of drugs is as popular as ever.
The simple economic fact is that when there is a demand, a supply will be forthcoming — legally or illegally. We should therefore reconcile ourselves with what economists call “consumer sovereignty,” that is, let people consume what they want, and let’s prosecute only real crimes.
From an economic perspective, it would be a lot more profitable for everyone if we stopped wasting resources trying to suppress this trade, and instead let it develop legitimately and have governments regulate and tax it. I don’t like taxes, but in that case, that would mean a huge improvement in terms of economic efficiency.
In British Columbia only, where a lot of marijuana is illicitly being grown, legalization could generate $2.5 billion in government tax and licensing revenues over five years, according to a recent research paper from Simon Fraser University.
Both the Wall Street Journal and The Economist have been convincingly arguing for many years against the war on drugs. And for the first time in more than four decades of polling on the issue, a majority of Americans now favour legalizing the use of marijuana. In Canada, public support has also been high for several years.
My point is not that drug consumption is a good thing or that I encourage it, but merely that any rational person can see that the current policy has not been a success despite all the money spent and all the people jailed. It is high time we rethink our strategy in this regard. Let’s end the war on pot and make money with it instead.
Who cares what you look up, NOBODY.
Marcy BigTeeth

Ogdensburg, NY

#20 May 20, 2013
By Jonathan Kaminsky

OLYMPIA, Washington (Reuters)- With Washington state about to embark on a first-of-its-kind legal market for recreational marijuana, the budding ranks of new cannabis growers face a quandary over what to do with the excess stems, roots and leaves from their plants.

Susannah Gross, who owns a five-acre farm north of Seattle, is part of a group experimenting with a solution that seems to make the most of marijuana's appetite-enhancing properties - turning weed waste into pig food.

Four pigs whose feed was supplemented with potent plant leavings during the last four months of their lives ended up 20 to 30 pounds heavier than the half-dozen other pigs from the same litter when they were all sent to slaughter in March.

"They were eating more, as you can imagine," Gross said.

Giving farm animals the munchies is the latest outcome of a ballot measure passed by Washington voters in November making their state one of the first to legalize the recreational use of pot. The other was Colorado. Both were among about 20 states with medical marijuana laws already on their books.

The federal government still classifies cannabis as an illegal narcotic, and the Obama administration has not yet said what actions, if any, it will take in answer to the newly passed recreational weed statutes.

Matt McAlman, the medical marijuana grower who provided the pot leavings for Gross' pigs, says he hopes the idea expands with the likely impending expansion of Washington state's marijuana industry.

"We can have pot chickens, pot pigs, grass-fed beef," he said.

Draft regulations issued last week to govern the burgeoning recreational-use industry seem to leave open that possibility. The rules dictate that marijuana plant waste must be "rendered unusable prior to leaving a licensed producer or processor's facility," adding that mixing it with food waste would be acceptable.

Gross' pigs were butchered by William von Schneidau, who has a shop at the famous Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. In March, von Schneidau held a "Pot Pig Gig" at the market, serving up the marijuana-fed pork as part of a five-course meal.

He quickly sold out the remaining weed-fed meat at his shop but plans another pot-pig feast later this summer, he said.

"Some say the meat seems to taste more savory," he said.

The results beg the question of whether pot-fed pork contains any measurable traces of THC, the mind-altering chemical ingredient in cannabis.

The European Food Safety Authority reported in 2011 that "no studies concerning tolerance or effects of graded levels of THC in food-producing animals have been found in literature."

The agency also noted that "no data are available concerning the likely transfer of THC ... to animal tissues and eggs following repeated administration."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Martha Love n Jon Pratt 19 min wow 1
scammers and thieves 33 min belmonts finest 4
belmonts secret wife 36 min belmonts finest 5
Ogdensburg man arrested for (Jun '12) 9 hr Sheriff Longmire 5
Pat Hanson's secret baby! 13 hr charmer25 1
Political Pro Motions 13 hr Read All About It 3
kim larue/dedrick Fri wondering 2
Ogdensburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web