Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text> 'repeal Obama Care'
Forget it dude. We'd not only need Romney in the White House, but we'd need 60 votes in the Senate. That ain't gonna happen.

I'm selling my business, putting everything in someone else's name, and I'm gonna get welfare, food stamps, and medicaid. If you can't beat'em join'em.
Lucy Unleashed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no, it isn't the same program. The new Health Care Bill under Romney won't resemble this one.
Soooo, Romney was for Romneycare before he was against it. Thank you for clarifying that Romney is a chronic flip-flopper.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no, it isn't the same program. The new Health Care Bill under Romney won't resemble this one.
Now, how do you know that, when Romney won't put forth a "Plan" on anything...he won't even say what he advocates on ANYTHING, Healthcare or anything else. So, you have NO way of knowing that! And don't even try to tell us that Romney "has your ear"...even you can't lie well enough to pull that off, Vet!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

I'm wondering if TN. will "opt out"...or try to?
Interested

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

They already did. The first state to do so.
Hey

Manchester, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

So it passed with the mandate.
Does any one remember this.
Just anouther line of BS.
http://reason.com/blog/2012/03/26/president-o... individual-mandat
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget it dude. We'd not only need Romney in the White House, but we'd need 60 votes in the Senate. That ain't gonna happen.
I'm selling my business, putting everything in someone else's name, and I'm gonna get welfare, food stamps, and medicaid. If you can't beat'em join'em.
It will only take 51 votes in the Senate, I heard that today. New president, 51 Republicans in the Senate.
Hey

Manchester, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Hey wrote:
So it passed with the mandate.
Does any one remember this.
Just anouther line of BS.
http://reason.com/blog/2012/03/26/president-o... individual-mandat
You have to google it in??????????
It's the video of the campaign with Hillery and Edwards and Obama saying no mandate and how Hillery wants one.
No mandate.No torture,No Gitmo,No this no that.
He said what would get the vote.
As far as Mitt thinken he will be God on anouther planet this one thinks he is God now on this planet.
He won on lies I hope he is out on them.
Health Care Law

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Limbaugh has already called on Republicans to "defeat these bastards" and "wipe them out!"

The little bullies don't play well with others. It's there way or nothing at all.
They yell about the constitution and when there own chief justice says ObamaCare is constitutional, they call him names too. The Republican Party is screwed up!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Health Care Law wrote:
Limbaugh has already called on Republicans to "defeat these bastards" and "wipe them out!"
The little bullies don't play well with others. It's there way or nothing at all.
They yell about the constitution and when there own chief justice says ObamaCare is constitutional, they call him names too. The Republican Party is screwed up!
When Limbaugh calls to "defeat these bastards" and "wipe them out", what exactly is he saying......please don't hold back?

“I'm Back”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Health Care Law wrote:
Republican or Democrat, this guy should be on Comedy Cental.
Health Care Law wrote:
Oh, I want so bad to get into this debate, though I try to avoid frustration as often as possible.:p
Danger_Close

Gibson City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

finally a good law wrote:
This is a good law. When people get critically sick they seek medical treatment. A heart attack approx 2 million in costs. They get treated, file bankruptcy and the tax payers foot the bill.
Medicaid is a Fed program, they should call the shots since they pay for it. The states that opt out should be forced to foot their own bills.
Regardless, this law will provide healthcare for all children, in spite of irresponsible parents. If they don't buy insurance, slap their stupid head, take their money and buy it for them ... hurray!
Finally, our country is waking up.
Good law? Are you out of your fkin mind?

Do you realize that now, if you do not pay your medical bills they will TAKE YOUR HOME and PROPERTY.

In 2014. That's when everyone will either have to get insurance or pay a tax. The fact that the U.S. Supreme Court has now ruled the federal government has the power to tax Americans into mandatory purchases of private industry products means an end to economic freedom in America.

It hands the federal government the power to force the American people to buy anything the government wants or face tax penalties for refusing to do so.

In sections 440 and 1904 on page 838 of the House bill, government aggregates unto itself the right to invade the home of any citizen with minor children in order to institute “home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children.” The supposed goal is to “help” train parents in the government approved style of child rearing.

Now, you do understand what this means, don’t you? This means that if the government perfunctory that enters the home decides in her wisdom that the children in the home are not being raised in the government approved way, why then the Department of Children and Family Services will be called in to remove the children from the home.

You better go back and rethink this.
Danger_Close

Gibson City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

AND.. states will NOT opt out. Why?

Because the govt will pull all funding if they do. corporate blackmail at it's finest.

They US govt has become one big corporation.

The constitution is gone as in America.
What A Joke

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Local news is bragging on Haslem for cutting the tax on food from 5.5% to 5.25%. WOW, I will save 25 cents on every hundred dollars of food I buy. How about the crooked SOB knock off 50 cents on every gallon of gas or diesel at Pilot for anyone with a TN drivers license?
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Danger_Close wrote:
<quoted text>
Good law? Are you out of your fkin mind?
Do you realize that now, if you do not pay your medical bills they will TAKE YOUR HOME and PROPERTY.
In 2014. That's when everyone will either have to get insurance or pay a tax. The fact that the U.S. Supreme Court has now ruled the federal government has the power to tax Americans into mandatory purchases of private industry products means an end to economic freedom in America.
It hands the federal government the power to force the American people to buy anything the government wants or face tax penalties for refusing to do so.
In sections 440 and 1904 on page 838 of the House bill, government aggregates unto itself the right to invade the home of any citizen with minor children in order to institute “home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children.” The supposed goal is to “help” train parents in the government approved style of child rearing.
Now, you do understand what this means, don’t you? This means that if the government perfunctory that enters the home decides in her wisdom that the children in the home are not being raised in the government approved way, why then the Department of Children and Family Services will be called in to remove the children from the home.
You better go back and rethink this.
It is a good law. Everyone should pay for their own insurance because no matter how healthy you think you are, at some point you will need medical care. ER visits for uninsured costs taxpayers in this country $68 billion a year. Add to that the benefits of people with preexisting conditions, children and young adults who will be insured and it is a good thing. Keep eating your broccoli, you will be fine :)
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

So I changed the channel today over to Fox News and what I saw could of passed for a Jon Steward skit. This one reporter was talking about Obama Care with such passion, that he was gnashing his teeth and hyper-ventalilateing.
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
So I changed the channel today over to Fox News and what I saw could of passed for a Jon Steward skit. This one reporter was talking about Obama Care with such passion, that he was gnashing his teeth and hyper-ventalilateing.
Was it vet?
t rag

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

HASLAM
Danger_Close

Gibson City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

And to further prove that the IRS will have super reaching authority on this little piece of legislation called Obama care. they were just given police style shotguns.

Solicitation Number: TIRWR-10-Q-00023
Agency: Department of the Treasury
Office: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

Solicitation Number:
TIRWR-10-Q-00023 Notice Type:
Combined Synopsis/Solicitation Synopsis:
Added: Feb 02, 2010 7:08 pm Modified: Feb 03, 2010 11:59 amTrack Changes
Quotes are solicited under Request For Quotation (RFQ) number TIRWR-10-Q-00023. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; a written RFQ will not be issued. If your company can provide the product listed in the RFQ and comply with all of the RFQ instructions, please respond to this notice.

This requirement is a Small Business Set-Aside and only qualified sellers may submit quotes. NACIS code for this requirement is 332994. The RFQ opens on the date this announcement is posted and closes Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 2:00:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Response should be emailed or mailed by the closing date to Marc.Feinberg@irs.gov or IRS, 1301 Clay Street, Suite 810S, Oakland, CA 94612. FOB Destination shall be Washington DC.

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) intends to purchase sixty Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. The Remington parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend, are designated as the only shotguns authorized for IRS duty based on compatibility with IRS existing shotgun inventory, certified armorer and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

Submit quotes including 11% Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) and shipping to Washington DC.

The following provisions and clauses in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) apply to this acquisition and include any addenda to the provisions. This solicitation incorporates one or more provisions and clauses by reference with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text: Provisions FAR 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors—Commercial Items (June 2008); 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications—Commercial Items (August 2009); Clauses 52.212-4; Contract Terms and Conditions—Commercial Items (March 2009); and 52.212-5 Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders—Commercial Items (December 2009). The full text of a FAR clause may be accessed electronically at http://www.acqnet.gov .
they must go

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

The individual insurance mandate, which requires virtually all Americans to obtain health coverage or pay a fine, was the brainchild of conservative economists and embraced by some of the nation’s most prominent Republicans for nearly two decades.

This is why Obama adopted it in hopes Republicans would join him in enacting it into law. You see however what Republicans are all about. They are the party of "no". Their only agenda is making Obama a one term President, as they have said so in their own words. It should be our desire to prove to them that their brand of politics won't be tolerated an longer by voting them "all", out of office!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 9 hr WTH 9,264
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 19 doe resident 8,608
city of oakland,tn (Aug '11) Aug 18 Dynamite Bob 15
New lady Cop Aug 13 JEW BOY 14
Old white women dating young black guys? (Jun '12) Aug 10 docrod 19
Election Signs Aug 7 Dont vote for me 1
2014 Sheriff Race (Feb '14) Aug 7 Hoping to move soon 32

Search the Oakland Forum:
•••
•••