Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Oakland Forum

Comments (Page 1,880)

Showing posts 37,581 - 37,600 of124,147
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
What's really amusing is the fact that those who ridicule these people are the same people who believe the Earth is only 5,000 years old, dinosaurs walked the Earth with man, Jesus was a Caucasian American who spoke Shakespearean English, and Mitt Romney understands the struggles of the Middle Class.
Well, OA, do you really think that those 65 percent of those who believe Obama could best deal with aliens are the elite intellectuals who roam the halls of academia? Hilarious
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
What's really amusing is the fact that those who ridicule these people are the same people who believe the Earth is only 5,000 years old, dinosaurs walked the Earth with man, Jesus was a Caucasian American who spoke Shakespearean English, and Mitt Romney understands the struggles of the Middle Class.
Well, since Obama said at his inauguration that the his health care bill would not cost one cent in extra taxes and then the Democrats on the floor of the House and Senate swore that it was not a tax and the Supreme Court has said it is a tax, it would appear that Obama and the Democrats lied, it is a huge tax increase. The Supreme Court has just handed the presidency to the Republicans.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since Obama said at his inauguration that the his health care bill would not cost one cent in extra taxes and then the Democrats on the floor of the House and Senate swore that it was not a tax and the Supreme Court has said it is a tax, it would appear that Obama and the Democrats lied, it is a huge tax increase. The Supreme Court has just handed the presidency to the Republicans.
'his health care bill'.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, OA, do you really think that those 65 percent of those who believe Obama could best deal with aliens are the elite intellectuals who roam the halls of academia? Hilarious
I have no idea, but I do find it amusing, again, that conservatives who believe things that have been disproven (by fossil records, for instance) have little room to ridicule those who speculate on the possibility of the existence of other life forms in our vast universe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/28/5...

The mandate can indeed be characterized as a tax, as the Court found. But it is not a massive tax hike on the middle class, much less the biggest tax hike in American history. The tax imposed by the individual mandate amounts to either $695 or 2.5 percent of household income for those who don’t have insurance and are not exempt based on income levels. By comparison, the payroll tax cut extension Republicans repeatedly blocked earlier this year would have added 3.1 percentage points to the tax and cost the average family $1,500 a year.

The mandate, meanwhile, would hit a small amount of Americans — somewhere between 2 and 5 percent — according to a study from the Urban Institute. The number could be even lower depending on the law’s success: in Massachusetts, the only state with an insurance mandate, less than 1 percent of the state’s residents paid the penalty in 2009.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/28/5...
The mandate can indeed be characterized as a tax, as the Court found. But it is not a massive tax hike on the middle class, much less the biggest tax hike in American history. The tax imposed by the individual mandate amounts to either $695 or 2.5 percent of household income for those who don’t have insurance and are not exempt based on income levels. By comparison, the payroll tax cut extension Republicans repeatedly blocked earlier this year would have added 3.1 percentage points to the tax and cost the average family $1,500 a year.
The mandate, meanwhile, would hit a small amount of Americans — somewhere between 2 and 5 percent — according to a study from the Urban Institute. The number could be even lower depending on the law’s success: in Massachusetts, the only state with an insurance mandate, less than 1 percent of the state’s residents paid the penalty in 2009.
The Massachusett's Law is not Obama Care. The fact remains that Obama and the House and Senate lied when they swore that it was not a tax and would not cost a penny in extra taxes. I believe that if 30 million people who are not now covered are suddenly covered, there will be a massive tax increase along with massive increases in health care premiums during a recession.
Lo Count on it.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I have no idea, but I do find it amusing, again, that conservatives who believe things that have been disproven (by fossil records, for instance) have little room to ridicule those who speculate on the possibility of the existence of other life forms in our vast universe.
The hilarious part is that Obama could better deal with an alien invasion. He would probably be hiding under his desk.
finally a good law

Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

This is a good law. When people get critically sick they seek medical treatment. A heart attack approx 2 million in costs. They get treated, file bankruptcy and the tax payers foot the bill.

Medicaid is a Fed program, they should call the shots since they pay for it. The states that opt out should be forced to foot their own bills.

Regardless, this law will provide healthcare for all children, in spite of irresponsible parents. If they don't buy insurance, slap their stupid head, take their money and buy it for them ... hurray!

Finally, our country is waking up.
finally a good law

Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

I live in Massachusetts and it works.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, OT. Actually, the law was found unconstitutional under the Commerce Clause. Also the Medicaid portion was struck down. States can opt out. Since this is a huge tax increase, the Democrats will have to defend it.
Hey Vet...splitting hairs much ? The law will stand. The ruling allows the mandate. You may remember some time ago I told you that Roberts might side with the liberals on the court. This allows the entire program to go forward. ALL the states will be forced by employers to accept the ACA. This is a great day for those who are uninsured in our country. Thank you Chief Justice Roberts !
BTW, I have been watching the polls of several swing states including Ohio Pennsylvania and Florida. Obama is ahead slightly in all three.... Admittedly, the election is a long way off, but I wouldn't bank on a President Romney.....and if we should get one, don't count on him ending the ACA. He is it's godfather ! Chuckles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
The Massachusett's Law is not Obama Care.
Romneycare = Obamacare, whether you want to accept that or not.

Hilarious that Romney is required to lament this decision today when he initiated that very program in his own state.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

finally a good law wrote:
This is a good law. When people get critically sick they seek medical treatment. A heart attack approx 2 million in costs. They get treated, file bankruptcy and the tax payers foot the bill.
Medicaid is a Fed program, they should call the shots since they pay for it. The states that opt out should be forced to foot their own bills.
Regardless, this law will provide healthcare for all children, in spite of irresponsible parents. If they don't buy insurance, slap their stupid head, take their money and buy it for them ... hurray!
Finally, our country is waking up.
The SC disagrees, they said that states can opt out and their Medicaid funds from the Feds can't be cut. Taxpayers will pay the increased taxes and increased insurance premiums and have to schedule doctor's visits years in advance. The public disapproves of Obama Care by 42 percent to 35 percent.. These folks are voters.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Vet...splitting hairs much ? The law will stand. The ruling allows the mandate. You may remember some time ago I told you that Roberts might side with the liberals on the court. This allows the entire program to go forward. ALL the states will be forced by employers to accept the ACA. This is a great day for those who are uninsured in our country. Thank you Chief Justice Roberts !
BTW, I have been watching the polls of several swing states including Ohio Pennsylvania and Florida. Obama is ahead slightly in all three.... Admittedly, the election is a long way off, but I wouldn't bank on a President Romney.....and if we should get one, don't count on him ending the ACA. He is it's godfather ! Chuckles.
Hey OT, not exactly, the Medcaid portion was struck down, States can opt out with no penalty and Obama said today that his first act after becoming president is to appealOnama Care. Roberts just handed the presidency to Romney. Count on it.
Finally a good law

Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
The SC disagrees, they said that states can opt out and their Medicaid funds from the Feds can't be cut. Taxpayers will pay the increased taxes and increased insurance premiums and have to schedule doctor's visits years in advance. The public disapproves of Obama Care by 42 percent to 35 percent.. These folks are voters.
ok, that is fine. Whether you like Obamacare or not, it is still the Law. Vote Romney in, than you get Romney care. Regardless, you will be mandatory required to pay for insurance or the Government will take your money and pay for it anyway. And this is regardless of what SC voters want.
A good Law!
Health Care Law

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why wouldn't Republicans agree in life on other worlds? They plan on voting for Romney, who believes that God is on another planet! He also believes that he too will become a God in the afterlife and live on his own planet. So, there you are Republicans..........proof that there is life on other planets. lol
Health Care Law

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS, surely you can do better than that.
Tell that to Romney......those are Mormon beliefs that you call BS.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

GOP wrote:
Today is the day that Obama gets smashed!
If you've finished "eating your words", tell us...how did they taste & did you enjoy them?
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Well, Obamacare is cast in stone. So how does it affect you? Well. If you don’t have heath insurance, better start looking. On the other hand, you continue to not have insurance, but you can kiss your IRS refund good bye.

To see what effect this is going to have on you and your family, click here for a neat Obamacare Calculator:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/... #

Here’s an example:

A married family of 2 over 26, that currently doesn’t have insurance:

Right now:
If you have been unable to obtain health insurance as a result of a pre-existing medical condition, you may be able to buy it through one of the “high risk pools” the law has set up in each state through the end of 2013. But the premiums in the pools vary and can be high.

Starting in 2014:
You will have the option of buying a health plan through your state's exchange with federal assistance. Based on your income, your annual premiums for that plan would be no more than $3,623 to $4,275. Your maximum out-of-pocket costs for deductibles and co-payments would be capped at 30 percent of the total cost.

Insurers can’t discriminate against you for having a pre-existing condition, and can only vary rates within a narrow range.

If you do not obtain insurance coverage by 2014 you will be assessed a tax penalty. The penalty becomes progressively greater from 2014 through 2016, when it reaches full strength. At that point, assuming your current income remains the same and your household consists of 2 uninsured adults, your family would be subject to a penalty of about $1,390. You are exempt from the penalty if the least expensive plan option in your area exceeds eight percent of your income.

So you’re looking at paying $300-400 per month more than you spend now, and if you chose not to insure, your refund is up in smoke. If your normal IRS refund is $700, you’ll now have to PAY the IRS another $690.

Good deal, huh?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS, surely you can do better than that.
I think you better do alittle, "get to know your Candidate" reading if you think that Post was BS!
Finally a good law

Andover, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like it and the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Romney will repeal it and the new health care law won't resemble this one.I already pay for my insurance, I just don't want to pay for yours.
Holder is about to be held in contempt.
I don't blame you on not wanting to pay for my health care. Just like I don't want to pay for yours either. And that is my point. This law will make each person pay for their own.
People saw insurance premiums increase here. But, when the insurance company saw people jump to Romney care, the insurance companies were forced to compete and that brought the premiums back down drastically. Do some research.
No law is without glitches, but once they are worked out .. Americans always have and always will come together on the final outcome. This is a good law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,581 - 37,600 of124,147
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oakland Discussions

Search the Oakland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 9 hr Get Real 8,463
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) Fri sally 58,245
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Fri bob 8,504
paton fellows information Apr 16 James 2
New lady Cop Apr 15 surely not 8
Debate: Marijuana - Collierville, TN (Sep '10) Apr 13 Rednecks are idiots 14
MPD Officer gets DUI (Nov '12) Apr 12 jeff garner 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oakland Jobs

•••