JUST SAYIN

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

THIS MAN SPENT 42 YRS IN VARIOUS TN PRISONS FOR FIRST DEGREE MURDER...HE WAS RELEASED LAST YEAR ALTHOUGH HE WAS SENTENCED TO 99 YEARS. HOW IS HE OUT AND NOT ON PAROLE? SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE
OakRidger

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Sounds ridiculous!! Who is it, so we can be aware?
just sayin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Well i think its even more rediculous you can say this without doing some research. Did you know that if a man came and raped a mans wife and the ran from the husband and the husband shot and killed him then he can go to jail for 1st degree murder? Or a man could come and kill ur whole family and you find out who it was and u go murder him you could get charged with 1st degree murder. What if it was something like that? That was justified in a citizens mind but but not justified by the law. I think in one of those circumstances 42 years was way too long. Find out what the situation was before you judge
a man and make the whole county hate and make his life worse than it already has been. Because maybe you are right. Maybe we should be scared and aware but i would look further into it before I judged the man

“You're failing. ”

Since: Sep 11

Gallup, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

JUST SAYIN wrote:
THIS MAN SPENT 42 YRS IN VARIOUS TN PRISONS FOR FIRST DEGREE MURDER...HE WAS RELEASED LAST YEAR ALTHOUGH HE WAS SENTENCED TO 99 YEARS. HOW IS HE OUT AND NOT ON PAROLE? SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE
I'm going to bet that you aren't too bright. Do some research.

At minimum, this individual would be 60 years old if he killed someone at the age of 18. I'm willing to assume that he's more afraid of you than you are of him.
researcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Ray and Faye Copeland were in their 60s when they murdered a dozen people.
JessicaR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

researcher wrote:
Why don't you use real names? Hard to believe anything you say when you hide behind the Internet

“You're failing. ”

Gallup, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

researcher wrote:
They hadn't spent 42 years in prison, either.

Out of all the criminals that I've had to deal with, I'll take a murderer over a drug dealer any day of the week. Especially if said murderer has been in prison for more than 20 years.

Again, this person is possibly more afraid of average people than they would be of him due to being institutionalized.
Jasmine

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

just sayin wrote:
Well i think its even more rediculous you can say this without doing some research. Did you know that if a man came and raped a mans wife and the ran from the husband and the husband shot and killed him then he can go to jail for 1st degree murder? Or a man could come and kill ur whole family and you find out who it was and u go murder him you could get charged with 1st degree murder. What if it was something like that? That was justified in a citizens mind but but not justified by the law. I think in one of those circumstances 42 years was way too long. Find out what the situation was before you judge
a man and make the whole county hate and make his life worse than it already has been. Because maybe you are right. Maybe we should be scared and aware but i would look further into it before I judged the man
I know who this man is and I can tell you for certain that the author of this post has good reason to stay anonymous. This is a a crazy situation involving shady politicians, judges, and buckets of money. Also, his records are invisible. This man continued to break the law and manipulate the system for years within the prison system. He was described to me, by a state official, as The Godfather of the Tennessee State Penal system. I've done the research. His neighbors are unaware of who they are living next door to. If they did, they wouldn't like it. I can say for certain that this is a very shady situation for the good folks in Oak Ridge. Hopefully, this story will come out of the closet soon.
Jasmine

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
They hadn't spent 42 years in prison, either.
Out of all the criminals that I've had to deal with, I'll take a murderer over a drug dealer any day of the week. Especially if said murderer has been in prison for more than 20 years.
Again, this person is possibly more afraid of average people than they would be of him due to being institutionalized.
How about a murder, AND a drug dealer.... I can say for certain this man isn't afraid of anything.
Jasmine

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

JUST SAYIN wrote:
This is a very good question and One I look forward to hearing.

“You're failing. ”

Gallup, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Jasmine wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who this man is and I can tell you for certain that the author of this post has good reason to stay anonymous. This is a a crazy situation involving shady politicians, judges, and buckets of money. Also, his records are invisible. This man continued to break the law and manipulate the system for years within the prison system. He was described to me, by a state official, as The Godfather of the Tennessee State Penal system. I've done the research. His neighbors are unaware of who they are living next door to. If they did, they wouldn't like it. I can say for certain that this is a very shady situation for the good folks in Oak Ridge. Hopefully, this story will come out of the closet soon.
For someone being sentenced for 99 years and paroled after 42 years would be typical of the prison system and sentencing laws.

And for you to have "heard" this from a "state official" means absolutely nothing.

What's the name of said individual?

“You're failing. ”

Gallup, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Jasmine wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a murder, AND a drug dealer.... I can say for certain this man isn't afraid of anything.
There are many people who aren't afraid of anything; criminals or law abiding citizens. What's your point?

What's this mans name? I'll find out real quick what he's about.
JUST SAYIN

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

My question was how is someone released from prison and not on parole after spending this much time. Fear is not a factor with this question ... and ignorance is bliss!!
JUST SAYIN

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

just sayin wrote:
Never said anything about being scared...and I do know what happen for the most part. it was a simple question about the laws on release after that long.
JUST SAYIN

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to bet that you aren't too bright. Do some research.
At minimum, this individual would be 60 years old if he killed someone at the age of 18. I'm willing to assume that he's more afraid of you than you are of him.
and your point is? I know his age and your actually pretty close !! Genius!! I am betting your not too bright yourself lol
JUST SAYIN

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

JessicaR wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you use real names? Hard to believe anything you say when you hide behind the Internet
Why would I wanna put someones name on the internet...that would be liable for slander. I will repeat again, I am asking a question. Point blank lol

“You're failing. ”

Gallup, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

JUST SAYIN wrote:
<quoted text>
and your point is? I know his age and your actually pretty close !! Genius!! I am betting your not too bright yourself lol
*you're

I always love the "I'm rubber, you're glue.." retorts. Perhaps you could develop something past a monkey-see-monkey-do level.
Jasmine

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Skipster wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many people who aren't afraid of anything; criminals or law abiding citizens. What's your point?
What's this mans name? I'll find out real quick what he's about.
This is not a situation that I want to be associated with. I hope you can find out without my help.
good luck to "I'm just sayin". Be very careful. This man has "resources".

“You're failing. ”

Gallup, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

JUST SAYIN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I wanna put someones name on the internet...that would be liable for slander. I will repeat again, I am asking a question. Point blank lol
No, it would not be slander. In fact, it wouldn't be libel, either; which would be the correct term that you're seeking.

Posting this individuals name wouldn't implicate anything whatsoever because if they were in fact a convicted felon, then it would be public record; therefore fact, which protects anyone from litigation.

This goes back to you not being too bright.

As far as the sentencing goes, there are a lot of variables and sentencing structure guidelines that apply and differ from case to case.

“You're failing. ”

Gallup, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Jasmine wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a situation that I want to be associated with. I hope you can find out without my help.
good luck to "I'm just sayin". Be very careful. This man has "resources".
You don't want to be associated? Yet you've purposefully attached yourself to this "threat" without concern on this thread fairly quickly.

Interesting. Forgive me for calling the "bullshit" card.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Oak Ridge Forum right now

Search the Oak Ridge Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min BOiaF 144,456
Jay Yeager, former County Law Director 59 min Not yet 23
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr thoughtful 9,246
sun tan sh*tty 7 hr Former Customer 16
Review: Expressions (Aug '13) 12 hr Another Parent 8
NE 1 seen troy woods around hows he doing 14 hr hs friend 1
Is Oak Ridge the next Fergison? 18 hr Roland 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oak Ridge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••