Brementownship tax cut party?

Posted in the Oak Forest Forum

Clinton

Midlothian, IL

#1 Dec 19, 2012
Anyone know who are the democratic township slated canidates?It seems most of the old party is running on a new ticket.thx clinton
Neighbor

Oak Forest, IL

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Can you explain? If they ran as democrats last time, aren't they still democrats? What do you mean by "slated" candidates? What do you mean by "new ticket"?
Clinton wrote:
Anyone know who are the democratic township slated canidates?It seems most of the old party is running on a new ticket.thx clinton
clinton

Midlothian, IL

#3 Dec 21, 2012
Crotty is the boss she slates her candidates for the slated township democratic party.I am sure the old candidates from the tax cut party are running as rogue or non slated democrats just with a new party .I was wondering why they formed their own party and who is running with crottys ticket.
Markham IL

Oak Forest, IL

#4 Dec 22, 2012
There is a new slate for Bremen Township. I heard they are a group of mixed candidates some already serving their communities. Four of them are from the original tax cut party but decided to break free because they were fed up with what has been going on at township with Crotty and her cronies. I read where highway commissioner and his wife were milking the system on their property taxes by taking exemptions they did not qualify for. It was in the papers. Crotty and her crew are no good. Its time for them to go.
Board Games

Midlothian, IL

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Board Games

Midlothian, IL

#6 Dec 22, 2012
Does this mean we have to pay Dr. Mitchell??? or do we keep paying Sraga&Hauser?

http://docsfiles.com/view.php...
WOW

Midlothian, IL

#7 Dec 22, 2012
http://www.brementts.org/uploads/MinutesAppro...

see page 6.

I will never forget this quote:

o Ms. Evelyn Gleason: She has a personal problem as a taxpayer and School Board
member with the approval of the $69,000 in legal fees. When she was sued she was
represented by the School Board attorney and she did not go out and hire a private
counsel expecting the School district to pay for it.

No she hired her kids law firm to represent the district then had the district represent her, then gave us the bill....

This lady kills me.

This quote is from the minutes of BTTS when Bertrand is suing for his seat that Szabo blocked. So Bertrand had to sue, he won then gave us the bill too.

Then Gleason worked with Crotty and Gleason's kid's law firm to change the law were Bremen is the only township in the state were the citizens are no longer allowed to vote for their township school board.

They stole my vote!
Watchman

Oak Forest, IL

#8 Dec 23, 2012
The tax cut party believes in no pensions. Whereas to opposed party's want a pension if they get elected. That means you will pay their salary plus a pension for working less than 20 hours a month. Taxpayers are getting screw by these sort .
Reality Check

Oak Forest, IL

#9 Dec 23, 2012
You really don't know what you are talking about. One board member can't make the decision to hire anyone. That's why there is a board. It has been reported before and numerous times that the district has employed this law form for years, you make it sound like they changed firms. Also it was all the districts that wanted the change not just one. I don't believe Crotty pushed the bill. I think it was McCarthy wasn't it?
So you advocate duplicity and increased expenses? If they already have a law firm representing them, why go out and hire a lawyer personally? Under what authority? No one board member can take any action as an individual. By hiring a lawyer for oneself that is exactly what happened and illegal.

As far as taking your vote away, I didn't even realize this office existed until this guy decided to start suing and make it his own piggy bank. He was seated. I think this office belongs under the local boards. I have no problem with the change that happened. You still have the option to vote for your local school board, so no one took anything from you.

You posted this under a thread that is about Bremen Township Government. If you don't understand this office has nothing to do with the subject thread, I doubt you vote anyway.
WOW wrote:
http://www.brementts.org/uploa ds/MinutesApproved20110817.pdf
see page 6.
I will never forget this quote:
o Ms. Evelyn Gleason: She has a personal problem as a taxpayer and School Board
member with the approval of the $69,000 in legal fees. When she was sued she was
represented by the School Board attorney and she did not go out and hire a private
counsel expecting the School district to pay for it.
No she hired her kids law firm to represent the district then had the district represent her, then gave us the bill....
This lady kills me.
This quote is from the minutes of BTTS when Bertrand is suing for his seat that Szabo blocked. So Bertrand had to sue, he won then gave us the bill too.
Then Gleason worked with Crotty and Gleason's kid's law firm to change the law were Bremen is the only township in the state were the citizens are no longer allowed to vote for their township school board.
They stole my vote!
Reindeer Games

Oak Forest, IL

#10 Dec 23, 2012
I haven't seen literature from either of these groups. Thank God. It's too early for more campaigning. But since you claim to know what both are about, and judging by the comment you made, you must be with the tax cut party. So they want to eliminate pensions? Why now? Why not when their term first started? Are they afraid because they are being opposed? Why don't they take it a step further a move to have the office abolished?

Don't they also believe that any relative should have a government job? Wife need a job? Sure. Son's new mother-in-law? No problem! No, we don't expect you to actually show up for work. While you are at it, put in for a senior exemption. No, not a problem, Berrios told us. If we get caught, we will "discipline" you, you won't lose your job, just make a donation. Your side business is slow? Do some work for the township. Bids? No, we don't worry about that. It's Cook County. It's Illinois. Look how long it took them to catch Blago.

A pension for working less than 20 hours a month? Are you sure or did you err and put in the number you are actually working rather than the 160 you should be? What do these pensions cost us compared to the patronage/nepotism salaries? Trying to keep yours?

"Taxpayers are getting screwed by these sort." How eloquently phrased. Which group are you referring to though? The current group or the opposition? If the opposition, what do you call what we have been getting the last four years? If the current group, the one that hires friends/relatives, takes exemptions they aren't entitled to I would agree. I don't even know what services I get from this office. I do remember Crotty saying she wasn't going to accept her salary if elected. Did she keep this promise? Never saw a story about it, so always wondered.

You obviously haven't paid attention to the last couple of elections. People are tired of this "politics as usual" stuff. I wasn't aware there was going to be opposition. You just ensured they will receive my vote. If you can't stand by your own record, say something negative about the other guy. You proved it is time for a change, thanks. Happy job hunting with the rest of us.
Watchman wrote:
The tax cut party believes in no pensions. Whereas to opposed party's want a pension if they get elected. That means you will pay their salary plus a pension for working less than 20 hours a month. Taxpayers are getting screw by these sort .
WOW

Midlothian, IL

#11 Dec 23, 2012
Do you know what county you live in??? They employed this law firm after firing the other firm when this board fired Dr. Mitchell improperly. Mrs Gleason was president at the time and is listed in the court papers. They curiously fired the lawyers that are now representing Bertrand and who are now in consideration to be paid $139,000
{ http://brementts.org/uploads/AgendaQuarterly2... }
for representing him according to the minutes . To say one person couldn't hire a certain law firm is like saying Madigan doesn't run Illinois. When you consider she is the boss of another board member, she is in a position of influence. And when you consider that member had a family member recently hired I certainly take note. Crotty in fact pushed this bill. McCarthy I believe would not back this bill unless the board was eliminated. The fact that you don't know how our local government works should not diminish my rights as a veteran.
Reality Check wrote:
You really don't know what you are talking about. One board member can't make the decision to hire anyone. That's why there is a board. It has been reported before and numerous times that the district has employed this law form for years, you make it sound like they changed firms. Also it was all the districts that wanted the change not just one. I don't believe Crotty pushed the bill. I think it was McCarthy wasn't it?
So you advocate duplicity and increased expenses? If they already have a law firm representing them, why go out and hire a lawyer personally? Under what authority? No one board member can take any action as an individual. By hiring a lawyer for oneself that is exactly what happened and illegal.
As far as taking your vote away, I didn't even realize this office existed until this guy decided to start suing and make it his own piggy bank. He was seated. I think this office belongs under the local boards. I have no problem with the change that happened. You still have the option to vote for your local school board, so no one took anything from you.
You posted this under a thread that is about Bremen Township Government. If you don't understand this office has nothing to do with the subject thread, I doubt you vote anyway.
<quoted text>
Reality Check

United States

#12 Dec 24, 2012
I absolutely know what county I live in. I also know that the office you are talking about has nothing to do with the office the creator of this thread is talking about.

You are mistaken again. I attended a lot if not most of the meetings back then. They had the same lawyers then that they do now. The law firm you are referring to was retained illegally if I remember correctly by two board members. Why didn't Crotty put her name on the bill? The board wasn't eliminated was it? So why did McCarthy put his name on it?

I don't know what your rights as a veteran have to do with anything. I am a veteran as well and know that just because I am, that doesn't give me the right to make up fairy tales and spread them around and say I can because I am a veteran. I am embarrassed for you.

I can't remember her name right now, but it will come to me. I bet you are that one board member that always screamed and acted unprofessional and irrational.

You seem to have such a problem with this office and an ax to grind, you still have a couple of days to get your papers in. Just make sure you have the correct office this time.
WOW wrote:
Do you know what county you live in??? They employed this law firm after firing the other firm when this board fired Dr. Mitchell improperly. Mrs Gleason was president at the time and is listed in the court papers. They curiously fired the lawyers that are now representing Bertrand and who are now in consideration to be paid $139,000
{ http://brementts.org/uploads/AgendaQuarterly2... }
for representing him according to the minutes . To say one person couldn't hire a certain law firm is like saying Madigan doesn't run Illinois. When you consider she is the boss of another board member, she is in a position of influence. And when you consider that member had a family member recently hired I certainly take note. Crotty in fact pushed this bill. McCarthy I believe would not back this bill unless the board was eliminated. The fact that you don't know how our local government works should not diminish my rights as a veteran.
<quoted text>
WOW

Midlothian, IL

#13 Dec 24, 2012
I am aware and you are quite right that legally they are unique government entities. However politically these creatures are part of the same set. this link is where I got my info from...

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/kadner...

however contrary to this article it looks like McCarthy did indeed vote Yes, on the Bill that Crotty sponsored.

When the government changes a law to restrict the peoples right to vote I have a problem with that. When they do it for pure political gain I will use my first amendment rights to seek change.

When there is this much cronyism within Bremen and all it's layers of government I don't see the point in splitting hairs.

Good Day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oak Forest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midlothian-Crestwood Police on Springfield Ave 25 min Marie 1
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now 43 min Blue Blood 128
Former Midlothian cop convicted striking man wi... 6 hr Unbelievable 6
Disco Dave Conrad Mayors choice 6 hr Fest Face 6
Village wants to shut down fire department (Nov '11) 7 hr Mike 10
Administrative leave is a must for Michael Corn... 7 hr Joe P 24
Dixmoor Police (Jul '08) 7 hr Mike 8
Oak Forest Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oak Forest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oak Forest News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oak Forest

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH