Review: Ithaca Dermatology - Kimberly Silvers MD

Posted in the Northeast Ithaca Forum

C Coate

United States

#1 Mar 10, 2010
Dr. Silvers impressed me with her professionalism and skill. She answered all of my questions and gave me opportunities to ask more. During my three visits to her office, she was on time for appointments. I had exams, minor surgeries, prescriptions, and follow-up; and I always thought I was getting good treatment.
J W H

Syracuse, NY

#2 Apr 23, 2010
Dr Silvers made a poor first impression at my appointment for a skin check for strange moles. She met me 40 minutes late for my 3:15 appointment and already had syringe and scalpal ready to take two biopsies before I managed to stop the cutting. As I'm diagnosed with dysplastic nevus syndrome, my 4 previous skin doctors agreed I should have 2 careful skin checks per year. But only 1 of 6 biopsies so far has indicated possibly cancerous cells, so "wait and see" seems better than cut and pay. Silvers did not want to talk, acted annoyed that I didn't want the strange moles excised, rushed out of exam room after 5 minutes with me, giving assistant hurried command to photograph peculiar spots that "only a microscope" could identify. If you're eager and willing to be cut, bring your skin to Dr. Silver. But if you want to understand treatment options, maybe an early morning appointment would be better, before she has to rush to catch up with her schedule.
unhappy patient

United States

#3 Aug 31, 2010
I hate going to dr silvers and her office, she is all about $ and shoving as many patients as she can into her day. Also her front office staff...wow rude and soooo unorganized. She knows nothing about running a practice and I don't see this office running very long. Save yourself the trip and find a new dermatologist.
Ithaka

Ithaca, NY

#4 Sep 28, 2010
I have had several experiences with different kinds of Doctors in Ithaca.
I find Dr.Kimberly to be kind, approachable and a very good Doctor.
The Office workers are kind of too busy , but always respectful to all.
I would recommend her.
Skin4

Branchport, NY

#5 Oct 8, 2010
DO NOT GO HERE!! OFFICE STAFF IS RUDE AND WOW THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK! I DONT KNOW WHAT THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS WHO TALKED ABOUT GOOD EXPERIENCES ARE TALKING ABOUT, MUST BE THEY WENT THERE AND WAS HELPED BY DIFFERENT STAFF BACK THEN AND A DIFFERENT DR THAN DR SILVERS IS NOW
Mary K

United States

#6 Oct 21, 2010
I never felt so rushed in an exam as I have with this Dr.!! I asked one question & that was it, it's not like I wanted to spend the day there. She never looked at the bottom of my feet, my scalp, etc. A very quick check-up. I got home & called another dermotologist since she never gave me the chance to ask other questions I had. Wouldn't want her to remove anything, no trust! SLOW DOWN DOC!!!
blabla bla

United States

#7 Mar 19, 2011
C'mon people stop complaining..I think you guys are the types that ,love hanging out in a Dr's Office.
Take charge of your own health ,eat well, exercise, eat enough veggies and fruits and enjoy the ride to a good health.
Sunspots

Chittenango, NY

#8 May 14, 2011
I would have to agree with the patients who felt rushed and disregarded. I went in for a spot that had been growing really fast, and she acted like I was an idiot for asking about it. I also had asked for an all over check since I have lived in the desert and have a lot of sun damage. She barely looked at my skin, never looked at my chest or scalp, and rushed out before I had a chance to ask questions. She was clearly in a big hurry to get to her lunch, which was delivered while I was in the waiting room. On the other hand, I never had any problem with the office staff who were polite and seemed competent.
cmac

Ithaca, NY

#9 Oct 14, 2011
blabla bla wrote:
C'mon people stop complaining..I think you guys are the types that ,love hanging out in a Dr's Office.
Take charge of your own health ,eat well, exercise, eat enough veggies and fruits and enjoy the ride to a good health.
Good advice. Do these habits have anything to do with skin cancer? Especially when you've already been overexposed to sun during childhood? And does going to a doctor, mean I love being there? or am I taking charge of my own health by visiting the doctor who specializes in skin...which is something I don't specialize in.
Regular Checkups

Ithaca, NY

#10 Oct 27, 2011
I am at high risk for skin cancer, so I have annual checkups at the dermatologist office. I recently moved to Ithaca and was referred to Dr. Silvers. While I was not kept waiting, she was completely distracted and disinterested when she was seeing me. She didn't listen to anything I said about my medical history, and simply called in a nurse to take a handful of pictures. She never even got close to look at any of the moles, and charged me 20 minutes for what ended up being a 5 minute appointment - I don't think I even spent 20 minutes in the office, including waiting in the lobby and paying the bill. I was deeply disappointed - I have been to many doctors, and I have never received such poor service.
anonymous

East Syracuse, NY

#11 Dec 30, 2011
the doctor does not take her time to explain anything you ask for. do not show any interest in you but she will prescribe you the most expensive medicine. try to visit another dermatologist she will help you with your poblem but after you spend a lot of money in the brands that she wants to prescribe.
ugh

Ithaca, NY

#12 Apr 23, 2012

you guys are so annoying..isn't there anything better for you to do?

Can cer cancer cancer...stop the rant . go and enjoy a nice cup of red wine , get drank. go dance , be happy , think about life and enjoy ..the sunshine .
The time one spend thinking about disease is such a waste..most of you will be ok. No matter how we avoid , we will all die one day.
Lara Keskinkaya

Ithaca, NY

#13 May 2, 2012
Horrible service. Someone calls desperately to attain an appointment and you feel as though you did something wrong. If youre not going to be friendly don't work at a job that involves human interaction. Work where nobody will have to see you, hear you, or feel as though they rather stick needles in their eyes than have to call your front office.
Word to the wise.
Local

Ithaca, NY

#14 Sep 20, 2012
Medical service was average. Administrative staff completely incompetent. Billing was mismanaged (I am familiar with medical billing) and I was repeatedly given false information clearly intended to get me to quit asking questions and pay. Not recommended.
Forbes

Trumansburg, NY

#15 Nov 13, 2012
The waiting room seemed dirty, cobwebs, etc., but the exam room was worse. I wont be back there again. Just my opinion, maybe others dont require a clean, sterile environment at a dermatologists office.
rjd

Danielson, CT

#16 Mar 7, 2013
Very disappointed- Felt like a huge waste of time. Waited two months for an appointment, was seen forty minutes late, and spent fewer than five minutes with a doctor. Barely had a chance to speak before I was given a prescription and rushed out of the office.
ugh

Ithaca, NY

#17 Mar 7, 2013
I've been going to Ithaca Dermatology for laser tattoo removal for over a year now. I've had nothing but terrible experiences every time and have only continued because I can't find any other place that does it in this area. I've had several appointments canceled on me the week of and then rescheduled for month or 2 (or 4!) later. The receptionists are rude and unprofessional. The girl who does my appointments only works on Thursdays from 9am-2pm, which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The receptionists make me sound like I'm being difficult when I ask if there is any way I can get an appointment for after 3pm since I am a teacher. I would seriously advise people to stay away from this place!
Meh

Ithaca, NY

#18 Jul 2, 2014
Very unprofessional office. It's next to possible to get through on the phone -- you often get a busy signal, suggesting they have archaic technology and don't prioritize customer service. Chirpy receptionist doesn't listen very well. Long waits in the office. While I've been waiting, I've overheard the staff bickering with each other, another sign of a dysfunctional front office.

As for the doctor herself, I've never actually seen her, just her assistants. In fact, even after being diagnosed with a serious skin condition, Dr. Silver couldn't be bothered to talk to me. The rest of the medical staff are nice enough, though, and treat you almost as if you are a human being and a paying customer. I'm sure Dr Silvers will break them if the habit.

Ithaca still needs a good dermatologist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northeast Ithaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sears closing its doors at the St. Lawrence Cen... Sun Lol lol 12
Three State Parole Officers Under Arrest Oct 13 HIGh ya 4
Guest Viewpoint: What to do about the deer?Gues... Sep 21 conklincolt 1
Cornell Embezzlement Coverup (Nov '13) Sep '14 Where the justice at 17
Ithaca Suspect in Lansing and Dryden Home Invas... Aug '14 cny 2
Police charge three in Dryden heroin raid (Feb '14) Aug '14 cny 8
Authorities searching for suspects in two Tompk... Aug '14 cny 1

Northeast Ithaca Jobs

Northeast Ithaca People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE