Death row inmate Kevin Dowling seeks new trial

Full story: The York Daily Record

Living under a stay of execution and already rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court, convicted killer Kevin Brian Dowling is seeking a new trial in York County for the October 1997 murder of art shop owner Jennifer ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 1
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CEB

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2008

Judged:

This is another case of too much wasted time and money. This man killed this lady to prevent her from testifying that he raped her. He went out of his way to make a fake video as an alibi. He has wasted enough of our tax dollars on appeals. He has lost all appeals up to and including the U.S. Supreme Court. Now he wants to try some jerk knee tactics to save his sorry ***. I wish that the bleeding hearts that are against capitol punishment would at least let the people that are guilty for sure not be allowed to waste time with all these appeals and just get the executions finished. It would save the victims families and the rest of society a lot of time and anquish.
TOOclose

Mount Aetna, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

Let him BURN!!!!!! He took away a wife and mother. Why should he get another chance?
Iknownothing

Mount Aetna, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

The State Police nailed this case and proved why they are the top dogs in York County. Bye bye Kevin.
Juror on the CASE

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

I AGREE WITH YOU ALL !!!!!!! LET HIM ROTTTTT !!! LET HIM BURN !!!! The RIGHT decision was made !!
baseballchick

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

For the most part, I am against capitol punishment. But in this case, I would make
an exception, along with Mark Spotz. I would
like to see them both get the needle. There is
absolutely no doubt these two are unfit to
breathe the same air as the rest of us.
Voice of Reason

Dallastown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

Judged:

Dowling's appeal is based on two separate initiatives: procedural and evidentiary. I, too, am against the death penalty mainly because of flaws in the judicial process and people's thirst for vengence. That said, I see no reason to review the case because of procedural issues such as his lawyer failed to suppress the tape. But, if there is doubt as to whether evidence was tampered with, wouldn't we all want to make sure that didn't happen before we take someone else's life? A mistake like this could kill an innocent man and let go without consequence the one guilty, maybe to kill again.
Voice of Reason

Dallastown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

Juror on the CASE wrote:
I AGREE WITH YOU ALL !!!!!!! LET HIM ROTTTTT !!! LET HIM BURN !!!! The RIGHT decision was made !!
If you were really a juror on the case, what can you tell us about his ascertions that evidence was tampered with? Why would he say this? Did the judge tell you that you cannot consider some evidence presented?
Gwen

Berryville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Maybe the problem ws that he admitted he tampered with evidence.(He made a fake video tape!)
bob

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Judged:

perhaps the man was framed or perhaps they got the wrong guy. Is it not better to err on the side of decency and never kill anyone, even if the state sanctions it. The answer to violence is not more violence but prayer and forgiveness. Continued search for the truth is the better alternative.
Ree

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

I worked for this evil and sadistic maniac for several years before he was fired from Turkey Hill for being a thief. He was not framed and is not innocent. He is a sociopathic liar. Talk to anybody that ever knew him.
SSE

Southerly North Slope Bo, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

Judged:

I just happened to be there that unforgetable day....There is NO WAY this man is innocent. May he go straight to hell where he belongs. He has no soul and no remorse. Can we please speed up the process? We has been waiting far to long now.
Tom

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

The death penalty is not the answer. It has been shown time and time again that there are flaws in the judicial system and innocent people have been put to death. It's better to keep them in jail for life and subject them to the music of Justin Beiber or Lady Gaga. That's more painful than death.
Mayhem

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

bob wrote:
perhaps the man was framed or perhaps they got the wrong guy. Is it not better to err on the side of decency and never kill anyone, even if the state sanctions it. The answer to violence is not more violence but prayer and forgiveness. Continued search for the truth is the better alternative.
Oh Bob, your nobility just tickles me pink. If life where only that simple.

Save the taxpayers money and just shoot the bastard in the head.
Not Surprised

Shrewsbury, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

bob wrote:
You would not be saying that if it was your wife or mother that was killed by this sicko.
The Truth

Grimsby, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

"Oh Bob, your nobility just tickles me pink. If life where only that simple.

Save the taxpayers money and just shoot the bastard in the head"

Mr Mayhem has got it bang on..

Stick a bullet in his head, save the taxpayers some money

Mrs Mayers - RIP
my 2cents worth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

Judged:

Ree wrote:
I worked for this evil and sadistic maniac for several years before he was fired from Turkey Hill for being a thief. He was not framed and is not innocent. He is a sociopathic liar. Talk to anybody that ever knew him.
Gee...I wonder if this particular comment was made by that disgusting filth-piece of a human being that was Mr. Dowlings wife? Too bad ppl don't know what kind of person you were or how you treated him. Cow, this is to let you know that "what goes around, comes around". You'll get yours in the end, whether Kevin was guilty or not.
familiar

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

So what's the latest on the "new trial?"
Btw is he on death row or did they stay his execution?
youcanhavehim

Mount Joy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Judged:

my 2cents worth wrote:
<quoted text>.
Gee...I wonder if this particular comment was made by that disgusting filth-piece of a human being that was Mr. Dowlings wife? Too bad ppl don't know what kind of person you were or how you treated him. Cow, this is to let you know that "what goes around, comes around". You'll get yours in the end, whether Kevin was guilty or not.
No, that comment was not from me..."the cow" I'll take it you are one of the few admirers Kevin has? To bad you have no clue what your talking about. He's as guilty as the day is long and needs to die for his crimes. And if I could someway convince the state to do it....I would work 24/7 at it. You can believe whatever Kevin tells you....I did. Has he told you about all the other arrests in NJ, the prostitutes, beating his daughter while I worked 2 jobs to support his sorry butt? I bet not....before you start slinging insults, you really need to talk to a more reliable source than Kevin Dowling---MURDERER
TheTruthSurvives

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Judged:

my 2cents worth wrote:
<quoted text>.
How dare you? Do you even know his former wife? Well, I'm their daughter, and she is the only thing that kept this family from falling into shambles after he destroyed our lives. He was abusive, perverted, controlling, psychotic, and worse than you could imagine. I don't know who you are, or what you THINK you know, but I know that I had to testify at his trial myself as a CHILD. Because of his crimes. Because of the terrors he put his own family through before he went and tried to destroy the Myers family. He is a terrible individual, and for you to attack victims of his horrors is disgusting. Stop hiding behind anonymity in order to harass people who actually lived, and continue to live with, this pain. I don't know what sort of ridiculous grudge you have towards my mother, but I'm curious just why you invented it. All the same, begone. Stop showing your ignorance.
Aaron

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

baseballchick wrote:
For the most part, I am against capitol punishment. But in this case, I would make
an exception, along with Mark Spotz. I would
like to see them both get the needle. There is
absolutely no doubt these two are unfit to
breathe the same air as the rest of us.
This means you are for the death penalty. Just wanted to to clairify your own position for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 51,299
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 4 hr Knows he lost 3,921
Praise for abortion protester off base (Dec '09) 5 hr Father Isaac Jogues 168
Abby Lee Miller of 'Dance Moms' will visit York... Wed dmw 2
Dover High grad Shawn Hedrick to again play for... (Aug '10) Mon James 15
Has anyone Information about former Dallastown ... Aug 24 Anonymous 1
Unanswered questions (Nov '09) Aug 22 Bob 39
•••
•••
•••

North York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••