Queens Man Dies in Accident on Grand Central Parkway

Jun 20, 2012 Full story: Patch.com 10

A 41-year-old Queens man was killed Tuesday night after losing control of his motorcycle on the Grand Central Parkway, police said.

Full Story
sjfsb

Mount Sinai, NY

#1 Jun 20, 2012
I am really surprised to see that this guy was 41 years old. He and two other bikes blew by me on GCP around JR Pkwy like I was standing still. Then down the road I see all the brake lights and traffic stopping. I come up to the scene and first see the bike lying on the road and then a little further down is a lifeless body lying on the road.

What a waste of a life! I feel for family and friends that this man left behind. A total avoidable death if he would have been more responsible in his driving
eddie v

Staten Island, NY

#2 Jun 20, 2012
he didnt crash cuz of speed he actually wasnt goin fast when the accident happened his back malfunctioned and he fell a car ran him over
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2012
eddie v wrote:
he didnt crash cuz of speed he actually wasnt goin fast when the accident happened his back malfunctioned and he fell a car ran him over
He had a bad back so he crashed?
Dovii24

Old Westbury, NY

#4 Jun 22, 2012
Very unfortunate. My condolences to the family and friends of this gentleman.

I too came upon the scene of this accident late tues night. I saw a body lying on the middle or so lane of the grand central parkway covered by a white sheet with police cars all around. I saw two bikes parked off to the shoulder which must have belonged to his friends. I did not see the crashed bike.

Tonight while driving home I saw some friends/family of this gentleman putting up some flowers by the accident scene.

“Watch out for that tree”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 Jun 23, 2012
Dovii24 wrote:
Tonight while driving home I saw some friends/family of this gentleman putting up some flowers by the accident scene.
no doubt creating a potential distraction/hazard for others.
janet

United States

#6 Jul 6, 2012
My husband was a good person and loved by many he died at impact but really don't know why I miss you honey we will always love you Janet Jaylin Janell and little Janet I ask please if you don't know what happened please don't assume it hurts.
janet

Jackson Heights, NY

#7 Jul 13, 2012
thats my dad i really miss him and the story is wrong he didnt lose controll another bike taped his bike
shrug

Riverhead, NY

#8 Jul 14, 2012
Dovii24 wrote:
Tonight while driving home I saw some friends/family of this gentleman putting up some flowers by the accident scene.
Yeah. That'll help.
janet

United States

#9 Jul 15, 2012
Shut up it helps us to be where he died stop your stupid comments your day will come to
janet

United States

#10 Jul 15, 2012
sjfsb wrote:
I am really surprised to see that this guy was 41 years old. He and two other bikes blew by me on GCP around JR Pkwy like I was standing still. Then down the road I see all the brake lights and traffic stopping. I come up to the scene and first see the bike lying on the road and then a little further down is a lifeless body lying on the road.
What a waste of a life! I feel for family and friends that this man left behind. A total avoidable death. if he would have been more responsible in his. driving
according to his friends my husband wasn't speeding what can u tell me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Valley Stream Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Popkin-Brogna Jujitsu Center 6 hr Docflagen 2
Oyster Bay surgeon Philip Rafiy acquitted in wo... 12 hr Charlie 1
hey I'm 21 I'm looking for girls around my age Sat sexxxxy sss 2
East Rockaway man rescues, places wildlife in z... (Aug '07) Nov 21 GET IT RIGHT 144
Hofstra student who is Sikh sues U.S. Army over... Nov 20 Fred 15
Cuomo to Rural New York: Drop DeadBy David Fontana Nov 19 Just Saying 4
in Port Jefferson, plan is to add GPS to public... Nov 18 Caring Tax Payer 1

Coastal Flood Statement for Nassau County was issued at November 23 at 7:56PM EST

North Valley Stream People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North Valley Stream News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North Valley Stream

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:40 pm PST

NFL 1:40PM
Eagles roll over Titans to move ahead in NFC East
NBC Sports 1:43 PM
Huff, McCoy lead Eagles past Titans 43-24 - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:48 PM
Tennessee Titans vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Video Highlights, Recap from Week 12
Bleacher Report 3:25 PM
With Running Game Rolling Again, Eagles Back on Right Track
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
Sanchez Proving He Can Win in Foles' Absence