Does anyone have any information on the murder of Melanie Jean Gayhart

Posted in the North-Myrtle-Beach Forum

NMBCABBIE

United States

#1 May 15, 2009
I just heared that a young lady that used to ride in one of my cabs was murdered on August 31 ,2007 ,Her name was Melanie Jean Gayhart and I was wondering If anyone had any information on her murder ,any information at all is greatly appreciated.I hear the man who did it was named Dennis Miller a local punk rock kid who was living with Melanie at the time .I am not sure what is rumor or what is true .What I do know is that there was very little coverage of this incident for I am just hearing about it a year and a half later!Please someone give me some info.
HeatherB

United States

#2 May 15, 2009
The only info I have is she was murdered by a man named Dennis by strangulation ,and that it was under investigation if it was murder or suicide.I knew both of them Dennis was always violent a bully and I am sure that he did this and she did not kill herself.Melanie was a very kind ,sweet ,generous person and she is very missed .
It has been extremely difficult for me to get details on this case .It was months after her murder that I found out so I did not even get to attend her funeral ,I hear she is buried at the graveyard over by barefoot landing.I have googled her name and can find nothing ,it is so odd to me I have been searching for years and come up with not so much as a news report of her murder,so I am glad your bringing some attention to this murder .I hope by now Dennis is in prison but I do not know what is happening or how to find out information.
Craig Folger

United States

#3 May 15, 2009
yeah i just heared about this too ,was it even reported?i did not know her but i hope that guy is in prison he needs to be i know exactly who he is he is a dirty punk rocker that is a true punk i hope they get him what a bastard for killing that girl
Kelly

United States

#4 May 18, 2009
Good luck with your search my heart goes out to you sorry to hear about your loss.
Wendi W

Summerville, SC

#5 Jun 7, 2009
I never heared of this
nmb

Nampa, ID

#6 Dec 9, 2009
I heard about this a few months ago, and I've been looking for info about it ever since. If anyone else can fill in some of the blanks, PLEASE do.

I dated Melanie a long time ago. She was probably the sweetest, most gentle person I've ever known... I simply can't understand who could do this. I hope he rots in hell.

Peace to her, and my sympathies to her family...
OMG

United States

#7 Dec 20, 2009
So sad...
Rachel

United States

#8 Jul 12, 2010
nmb wrote:
I heard about this a few months ago, and I've been looking for info about it ever since. If anyone else can fill in some of the blanks, PLEASE do.
I dated Melanie a long time ago. She was probably the sweetest, most gentle person I've ever known... I simply can't understand who could do this. I hope he rots in hell.
DId u ever find out any information ,I do not understand why this story has been so undereported .I found out way after it happened.
re-visiting memories

Pocatello, ID

#9 Oct 26, 2011
Rachel wrote:
<quoted text>
DId u ever find out any information ,I do not understand why this story has been so undereported .I found out way after it happened.
Never found a thing. I can find more information on my own grandmother who died of natural causes. Seems odd that a senseless murder of such a great person is so underreported. I guess it doesn't matter, karma will get the SOB that did it. RIP girl, you deserve it.
RosRoss

United States

#10 Nov 21, 2011
I don't understand why this story is so undereported either. Was it ever on the news and why the hell is that murdering piece of crap Dennis not in prison???
Katylyni

Manning, SC

#11 Jan 11, 2012
nmb wrote:
Did you try calling her mother Becky Gayhart and asking the details ?She lives in North Myrtle Beach SC
Darah

Columbia, SC

#12 Jul 20, 2012
re-visiting memories wrote:
<quoted text>
Never found a thing. I can find more information on my own grandmother who died of natural causes. Seems odd that a senseless murder of such a great person is so underreported. I guess it doesn't matter, karma will get the SOB that did it. RIP girl, you deserve it.
What is the latest on this?
Big Mike

Okatie, SC

#13 Aug 28, 2012
5 years it has been ,justice is long overdue .
Brighton

Darlington, SC

#14 Jan 29, 2014
That creep ever go to jail?
Marika

United States

#17 Feb 5, 2014
Big Mike wrote:
5 years it has been ,justice is long overdue .
It happened on August 30, 2007.
icare

Myrtle Beach, SC

#18 Feb 7, 2014
HeatherB wrote:
The only info I have is she was murdered by a man named Dennis by strangulation ,and that it was under investigation if it was murder or suicide.I knew both of them Dennis was always violent a bully and I am sure that he did this and she did not kill herself.Melanie was a very kind ,sweet ,generous person and she is very missed .
It has been extremely difficult for me to get details on this case .It was months after her murder that I found out so I did not even get to attend her funeral ,I hear she is buried at the graveyard over by barefoot landing.I have googled her name and can find nothing ,it is so odd to me I have been searching for years and come up with not so much as a news report of her murder,so I am glad your bringing some attention to this murder .I hope by now Dennis is in prison but I do not know what is happening or how to find out information.
The grave IS at Southern Palms Memorial Gardens. There is no memorial at this time but is my understanding one is going to be purchased in the near future. It will be in the area where the large Oak tree is, over on the Barefoot side of cemetery. RIP Melanie. If you were murdered I hope the perpetrator is brought to justice soon. Too many unsolved murders in this area.
Laura

Orangeburg, SC

#19 Feb 8, 2014
There is a temporary memorial there now, if anyone would like to send flowers. Also, her archived obituary in the Sun News has been opened up online forever now. I encourage everyone to please sign her guest book. Her memorial page is available online as well and it has a place for everyone to write in a journal. Please share your stories about her in the journal.
icare wrote:
<quoted text>
The grave IS at Southern Palms Memorial Gardens. There is no memorial at this time but is my understanding one is going to be purchased in the near future. It will be in the area where the large Oak tree is, over on the Barefoot side of cemetery. RIP Melanie. If you were murdered I hope the perpetrator is brought to justice soon. Too many unsolved murders in this area.
Laura

Orangeburg, SC

#20 Feb 8, 2014
The cemetery name is South Eastern Memorial Gardens.
icare wrote:
<quoted text>
icare

Sumter, SC

#22 Feb 8, 2014
The Cemetery's name was changed a few years ago (same owner). It is Southern Palms Memorial Gardens. http://www.southernpalmsmemorialgardens.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North-Myrtle-Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memories of Sherwood Forest and Ponderosa Campg... (Feb '10) Sep 16 Kim from Ohio 28
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sep 8 mossad was hacked 1,150
Where are all these Russians in Myrtle Beach co... (May '09) Aug 30 big meat 79
Fric n Frak at Broadway Aug '14 wondering 1
Report: Victim beaten and robbed by man and 3 w... Aug '14 Poor AIDS carrier 10
tourist looking for blues Jul '14 ineedsomething 1
Hells angels defecating on memory of real WW2... (Oct '09) Jul '14 alanbstard 19
•••
•••
•••

North-Myrtle-Beach Jobs

•••
•••
•••

North-Myrtle-Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

North-Myrtle-Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in North-Myrtle-Beach